“Great View, Disappointing Food”

Joey Gerard's Mequon
Reserve with OpenTable
Joey Gerard's Mequon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 71 Restaurants in Mequon
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Take a step back in time at Joey Gerard's, a Hollywood-style supper club that features traditional, time-tested menu offerings, nightly specials, and classic cocktails and ice cream drinks. Steaks, chops and seafood are cooked in the Midwest's first Josper charcoal ovens, giving them a perfectly seared outside and a succulent, juicy inside
Mequon, WI
“Great View, Disappointing Food”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were excited to go to Joey Gerard's. The night's disappointment started when we walked up to the hostess at 5:00 pm on a Friday. You don't have a reservation on a weekend night! I stated it was 5:00 PM and only 3 tables were seated in the whole restaurant. We were told to make sure we had reservations in the future, I told her we called numerous times for reservations and were told 50% of the tables were for reservations and 50% of the tables were for walk-ins. She told me that only applied to the 1st -- six months the restaurant was opened. We ordered the Lazy Susan which was okay..best thing on it was the deviled eggs. My husband ordered the steak which was tough! I ordered the cod fish fry..The fish had a thick coating and was very dry with little fish underneath the coating. Very disappointing meal. Bright spot: We had a nice view of the river and the wait staff was very nice & efficient. We will not return.

• Visited June 2013
Joe B, Public Relations Manager at Joey Gerard's Mequon, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We'd like to be able to follow up with you if you'll e-mail your information to media@bartolottas.com. Thank you!

Jackson, Wisconsin
“Bartolotta's done it again”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything about Joey Girards is great: the food, the drinks and the atmosphere. Saturday is Prime Rib night - in the true Supper Club fashion. Very good. The martini's are super. Cheers!

Visited July 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Good food and service”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I decided to try breakfast at this location on our way to a day at a nearby biird sanctuary. We started with our usual breakfast appetiser, a side order of bacon. I had a generous bloody mary and my wife had coffee. I had the eggs benedict which were prepared just the way I like them - solid whites and soft runny yolks! My wife had hoppel poppel which is a skillet dish made with eggs, potatos, summer sausage and cheese. She thought it was very good. The service was good as you would expect from a Bartolotta restaurant. Another plus was the noise level. Breakfast eateries tend to be relaively noisy for some reason but we found Joey Gerard's to be pleasantly quiet.

Visited June 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Worst fish fry ever”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We are always looking for a good fish fry so decided to give Joey Gerard's a try for a fish fry. We arrived early and were seated immediately with a nice view of the river. The prices on the fish fry were what I would have expected. We both ordered the battered Cod Fish Fry. We were very disappointed. The coating on the fish was so thick and crunchy hard, it could not be eaten. After taking the hard coating off, the fish was OK but thin and tasteless. The restaurant was not busy and two waitresses served us. The service was very good but we felt like the waitresses were standing around and watching us eat. This was not a dining experience I want to repeat.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank retfrugaltraveler
Joe B, Public Relations Manager at Joey Gerard's Mequon, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thanks for your feedback about your recent visit to Joey Gerard's. We'd like the opportunity to follow up with you if you'll email us at media@bartolottas.com. Thank you!
“Our new favorite place for a relaxing night out or a special occasion.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Joey Girard's knows how to do it right. My steak was, without exception, the best I've had in years. Cooked exactly as ordered, my steak was very well done, flavorful, juicy and tender. My companion was similarly pleased with his steak. The service provided by our server, Jess, was top notch.

• Visited May 2013