“Fantastic experience”

Joey Gerard's Mequon
Reserve with OpenTable
Joey Gerard's Mequon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 71 Restaurants in Mequon
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Take a step back in time at Joey Gerard's, a Hollywood-style supper club that features traditional, time-tested menu offerings, nightly specials, and classic cocktails and ice cream drinks. Steaks, chops and seafood are cooked in the Midwest's first Josper charcoal ovens, giving them a perfectly seared outside and a succulent, juicy inside
Deerfield, Illinois
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Chose to go here for an early Valentine's dinner to avoid the crowds. From the moment we walked in on a Wed. night until the time we left, we were treated like royalty. We were seated early (reservations @ 6; seated about 10 minutes early). Our greeter handed us graciously over to the hostess who seated us at a cozy little table along the windows. I was concerned that my long coat would trip someone so she took it to the coat room and brought my # back to me.
We were immediately served ice water and the famous relish tray, along with a basket of rolls and crackers. Their menu features old fashioned cocktails so we each had one; ah, the memories came floating back. My husband had the steak and lobster tails and I had the fish fry, usually reserved for Fridays but it was a special that night as it was Ash Wednesday. I am picky about my fish fry but there was nothing to complain about here. It was a generous portion of lightly battered cod (I took 1/2 of it home). The rest of the dinner was great, right down to the last taste of schaum torte that we shared. As the place started to fill up, we didn't feel rushed. We are looking forward to another visit to try something else. Only wish they were open for lunch!

• Visited February 2013

Germantown, Wisconsin
“Very Good Birthday dinner”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Dined here for my husband's birthday. The place was very busy on a Friday night nd we had to wait a little for our reservation. The servers were very attentive. We both had filets which were perfectly done to our liking and melt in your mouth tender. Also had a salad and with the bread plate we were quite full. But not too full to try dessert. Would definitely recommend and will be back.

Visited January 2013
Los Angeles, California
“I agree with the reviews”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The food is good but the bar for a B-owned restaurant is high and Joey Gerard's is not yet quite over it. The steak was good (but not as good as Carnivore or some others) and the chop salad was not very good. My kiddos loved the Mac & Cheese and having a generally well-developed kids menu is nice. I would go back as I think that there is room to improve here and it really would be great to have a top-flight restaurant in the North Shore.

• Visited January 2013
Brookfield, WI
“Excellent food - outstanding service”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had reservations for 2 on a Friday evening and were seated promptly. I enjoyed the ambiance and the extremely attentive wait staff. Our waiter Chris brought us drinks immediately and offered recommendations for dinner selections. In true Wisconsin supper-club tradition, the meal came with a delicious relish tray. My steak was fantastic - and I rarely have dessert but I tried the Schaum Tort and it was unbelievably good. For the quality and service, I thought the prices were extremely reasonable. For the cost conscious, you can get a free Bartolotta Preferred Member card and earn rewards for future meals at any Bartolotta restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Racine WI
“A throwback steak place”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food was very good, and the service was very professional. Once thing they really should consider is a screen wall shielding the bar, with its big sports TV's, from the dining area. I also don't know that I really care for the trend many restaurants are following of making their dining rooms acoustically loud in order to foster a sense of an exciting and happening place. The narrow isles and small reception area are also likely designed that way on purpose in order to make it feel like a really busy place where you have to thread your way through the crowd. Still, these were not deal breakers as the food was quite good and well served. The wines by the glass were limited and of rather meh quality. They had a decent choice of beers on tap that went beyond generic name brands.

I had the Prime Rib, which was the days special. The 12oz cut was plenty for me. It was tender and full of flavor at exactly medium. Very little fat, which really spoils a Prime Rib. My wife had the Filet Mignon, which also got a thumbs up.

I'm somewhat surprised that an upscale suburb like Mequon does not have more places of this level. It seems there is mostly chain eateries, burger & brew, and a couple other 'been there forever' steak and chop houses where everyone knows your name.

Visited January 2013