“I agree with the reviews”

Joey Gerard's Mequon
Reserve with OpenTable
Joey Gerard's Mequon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 71 Restaurants in Mequon
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Take a step back in time at Joey Gerard's, a Hollywood-style supper club that features traditional, time-tested menu offerings, nightly specials, and classic cocktails and ice cream drinks. Steaks, chops and seafood are cooked in the Midwest's first Josper charcoal ovens, giving them a perfectly seared outside and a succulent, juicy inside
Los Angeles, California
“I agree with the reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The food is good but the bar for a B-owned restaurant is high and Joey Gerard's is not yet quite over it. The steak was good (but not as good as Carnivore or some others) and the chop salad was not very good. My kiddos loved the Mac & Cheese and having a generally well-developed kids menu is nice. I would go back as I think that there is room to improve here and it really would be great to have a top-flight restaurant in the North Shore.

Brookfield, WI
“Excellent food - outstanding service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had reservations for 2 on a Friday evening and were seated promptly. I enjoyed the ambiance and the extremely attentive wait staff. Our waiter Chris brought us drinks immediately and offered recommendations for dinner selections. In true Wisconsin supper-club tradition, the meal came with a delicious relish tray. My steak was fantastic - and I rarely have dessert but I tried the Schaum Tort and it was unbelievably good. For the quality and service, I thought the prices were extremely reasonable. For the cost conscious, you can get a free Bartolotta Preferred Member card and earn rewards for future meals at any Bartolotta restaurant.

Racine WI
“A throwback steak place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food was very good, and the service was very professional. Once thing they really should consider is a screen wall shielding the bar, with its big sports TV's, from the dining area. I also don't know that I really care for the trend many restaurants are following of making their dining rooms acoustically loud in order to foster a sense of an exciting and happening place. The narrow isles and small reception area are also likely designed that way on purpose in order to make it feel like a really busy place where you have to thread your way through the crowd. Still, these were not deal breakers as the food was quite good and well served. The wines by the glass were limited and of rather meh quality. They had a decent choice of beers on tap that went beyond generic name brands.

I had the Prime Rib, which was the days special. The 12oz cut was plenty for me. It was tender and full of flavor at exactly medium. Very little fat, which really spoils a Prime Rib. My wife had the Filet Mignon, which also got a thumbs up.

I'm somewhat surprised that an upscale suburb like Mequon does not have more places of this level. It seems there is mostly chain eateries, burger & brew, and a couple other 'been there forever' steak and chop houses where everyone knows your name.

Visited January 2013
Bayside, Wisconsin, United States
“Service not interested”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

As my friend told me--" nothing to write home about".
Our food was good, but It took forever to be served the two chops and fish fillets.
We had TWO servers, but we were ignored and I don't think they knew we were even there - we had to flag them down so we could get our check. This after dinner wait was so lengthy that we didn't even stay to celebrate my daughters birthday dessert.
The atmosphere was deceiving -- too dark to notice the cheap tables. The tables and the group playing board games reminded us of bingo night at church.
Too loud, too dark for the price.

• Visited January 2013
Joe B, Public Relations Manager at Joey Gerard's Mequon, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. Please e-mail media@bartolottas.com with your contact information so that we may follow up with you. Thank you!
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
“Average for Bartolottas”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

The goal is for a "supper club" atmosphere but it is more upscale in appearance as well as price. Relish tray and Lazy Susan seem to be the only two real Supper Club items. (By the way, the Lazy Susan options are additional in cost).

The hostess' reaction to us asking for a couple minutes before we were seated made it seem like we had put her out. Other than that, service was very good and we were attended to by two servers. There is a T-bone steak and pork chop and I stressed the steak but was, initially, brought the pork chop. I over stressed the beef option maybe to a fault when I ordered it. Nonetheless, they handled it very well and my meal was taken off our bill. I felt that to be over the top but they insisted.

The food was good and prepared to everyone at our table's liking but I would not go as far as to say it was great. I would go back and I certainly wouldn't tell anyone not to try it but, I also wouldn't rave about it and tell anyone that it is a must on their places to dine.

A bit over priced to fall under my definition of a Wisconsin "Supper Club" so take that into consideration. It still is a Bartolotta Restaurant and you pay a bit more for that name as Milwaukee area restaurateurs.