“GREAT PIZZA”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Zaffiro's

Zaffiro's
Reserve with OpenTable
Zaffiro's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 71 Restaurants in Mequon
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-43
“GREAT PIZZA”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've been hearing advertisements for this place for many months and finally decided to try it. Wow.... so glad we did! There was a 5 - 10 minute wait so we sat at the bar and ordered a beer. Within minutes our table was ready so we sat down and was immediately greeted by our server with complimentary homemade chips and was told the specials of the day. We decided to go with one of the specials which was large pizza with unlimited toppings and a kitchen sink salad for $19.95. Great choice because both were extremely tastey!!!!! We both can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2013

“Great Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

My in-laws, my wife, and I went here for pizza. Service was very prompt and attentive. We ordered a large pizza with fresh mushrooms, sausage, and fresh chopped garlic. Zaffiro's pizza is thin crust, and really crispy. We've been here several times before, and have always enjoyed our food. If you're going to see a movie, you can order a pizza to go and take it into the movie with you.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ckopczyk
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nothing like a excellent pizza and a movie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Zafffiro's pizza is thincredible as advertised! The best pizza is the EBF, everything but fish! It is amazing that they put so many toppings on one pizza and the crust is so sturdy and thin at the same time! If you really want a treat, order your izz after purchasing your i=tickets, get a pager and wait for your pager to go off so that you can enjoy this delicious pizza at the same time you are watching a blockbuster of a movie! Pizza is a little pricy but worth it!

Orlando, Florida
“Once great, now average with bad service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Let me preface this review by saying I'm pre-disposed to be a Zaffiro's fan. When we lived on the East Side we ate at the original location often and LOVED it.

The Mequon location started out great but has suffered a steady decline ever since. The pizza remains pretty good but the quality has fallen off. In my opinion it is no longer worth the significant price premium. The service is now terrible. See below if you want the details.

I have had problems two of my last three visits. First, I ordered two carry-out pizzas (totaling almost $40, I might add). One of the pizzas I ordered was one of their specials. When I got it home that pizza did not have the correct toppings. I called the restaurant to inform them of this. The manager was very apologetic since he was the one that had taken the order. He offered to send me a discount coupon which I thought was fair. the problem? The coupon never arrived - it was obviously a disingenuous offer.

My second problem came the other night. I arrived for my movie a little early and decided to stop in and have a drink instead of watching the vapid pre-movie features. Despite the fact that there were only three other people at the bar, I sat there for almost five minutes without being even acknowledged by the bartender. During this time she managed to mix a drink for the waitstaff, twice stop at another couple at the bar to inquire how things were and to remove a plate each time, make change for another waitress and then chat her up a bit. I left in anger without her even making eye contact with me despite the fact that I sat there with a $20 bill on the bar waiting to order. I don't expect to be fawned over but to be ignored is inexcusable.

Their semi-captive customer base (movie goers) appears to have made them indifferent. It will be a long time before I give them any more business.

• Visited September 2012
Port Washington, Wisconsin
“Stellar food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I'm not a fan of pizza but, boy, is this pizza good. Consistently good, too. It's thin crust and super crispy; the downside is it doesn't travel well. But no mind, you won't have leftovers, anyway. :-) Their salads are out of this world, and they have the BEST macaroni and cheese. Their appetizers (Scamorza!) are delicious, and their desserts are also fantastic. This is my "go-to" place on a consistent basis, whether or not I'm going to a movie. Its convenient location make it tough to say no to a movie, though.

• Visited May 2012