“cozy, comfortable and best kept secret”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mequon
USA
“cozy, comfortable and best kept secret”
Reviewed June 5, 2010

I felt at home here. Service was very good. The manager was more than accomodating in the midst of a bitter cold winter; i.e. provided hard boiled eggs upon request; scraped some of the snow off vehicles; friendly--what more Also, no on site laundry facilities if you should need such services.

I would have upgraded my room for the price if I were given other options. Many cozy layouts cabin motif.

The Centennial Restaurant next door, phenomenal food and only a walk through the parking lot.

Absolutely loved swimming in the hotel that goes under the building to the outdoors--in the snow.

Excellent, cozy, clean, and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Central Wisconsin
Reviewed June 18, 2009

We stayed at the Quiet House for one night in early June, 2009 to attend my step-son's graduation in the area. We wanted to be close to his graduation, but also close to a great restaurant in Mequon, the Riversite, a not to be missed place.

The Quiet house is neat, clean and friendly and in an expensive suburb of Milwaukee, very reasonably priced. For less than $100.00, with tax, you get a nice little breakfast too.

Four star it is not. A nice place to stay for a fair price, it is.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Stayed here two nights for business. I just needed a clean safe place to sleep and this more then exceeded my needs a great price, too. Huge room, microwave and fridge a big plus ... my first day started w/ an early flight and by the time I checked in at 7pm I was exhausted and hungry but in no mood for a 'big meal'. Smooth check-in, a quick stop to a near by 'upscale grocery' for prepared food (lemon-peper salmon and grilled asparagus) that was easily heated in the microwave and it was like was heaven on earth!

The pool area looked inviting -- and I love that 'swim out' feature ... unfortunately I wasn't equipped to swim. The lobby was quite welcoming in a rustic lodge sort of way. The morning breakfast was sufficient and the breakfast room quite pleasant. The computer w/ internet access and a printer was a big plus ... my flight was booked last minute thru travelocity business and I had no seat assignment. Being able to check in there, 23 hours before my flight, helped me secure a decent seat and a printed boarding pass.

Only one oddity/ minor complaint ...plenty of fat-free milk to go w/ morning cereal, but here, in the heart of dairy country, the only options for coffee were liquid Coffeemate. (Original and a flavor). I don't like these things ... too sweet, I drink coffee w/ cream or whole milk or 2% milk and it didn't seem to be available. (Admittedly, I didn't ask, I just stopped and bought another cup of coffee on the way to work.).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Green Bay WI
Reviewed January 13, 2009

We were in Milwaukee WI for the Metallica Show on Monday the 12th of January 2009. There was both a snowstorm and sub zero temps happening outside.
We attempted to make it back to Green Bay but the snow and sub zero temps made it virtually impossable, we decided to pull over at 2:15am and try to find a half way decent place to just get a few hours of sleep, and to get out of the cold. When we checked in the night girl who was working was STELLAR very nice. She gave us the internet rate and asked if were cold. My wife replied yes frozen, she said if we wanted we could go use the hot tub and pool for a bit if we were quiet. That was beautiful got to use the whirlpool at 2:30 in the morning. She also allowed us a Noon checkout as opposed to 11am. She musta figured with all that head banging at the concert we would need a bit of extra time to sleep in.
I would reccomend this property to anyone the staff is Great and went above and beyond to make us wecome and Comfortable. We are planning on staying here later in the summer when we go to any concerts.

• Liked — The Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — There was nothing that we were unhappy with.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
miami
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Spent two nights at $80/night, single in an executive unit with kingsize bed. This ground floor unit had (a first!) one door that opened into the hotel hallway and a second door that opened directly into the parking lot. Since it is an older hotel, the bathtub is deep and very comfortable - there was plenty of hot water and although the bedroom was 'over furnished', the general nature of the unit was above average. The bed only provided two small pillows which was a minor shortcoming.
The TV cable channels were exceptional - a substantial range of programming was available.
The hotel is located about 10 miles north of Milwaukee off the main Interstate highway #43. Close-by are restaurants - one of which will deliver (across the parking lot) directly to your room.
In the hotel lobby there is 24-hour orange and raspberry juice and
fresh apples. There is also a computer with internet connection in the dining room. Breakfast consists of pastries/coffee/fruit -
no hot meals - the weekday morning newpaper is only available near the lobby desk. All personnel are very helpful and enthusiastic. I would gladly stay here again.

Stayed May 2008
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed November 5, 2007

I travelled to Wisconsin from New Mexico to see my father in the hospital nearby. He was dying and it was a very stressful time. My husband found this hotel and just walked in to reserve a room. It was the best stay I could have imagined considering why we were there.
The staff were helpful and considerate, the inn was very quiet, clean, and peaceful. The location was great in relation to St. Mary's Hospital-right down the road.
Incidentally, the date we stayed was Christmas day and a day or two after and the inn was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The lobby even has a cozy fireplace area with a seating area. It also has a lovely pool with outdoor swim-though access and a jacuzzi.
It was a horrible time in my life, but the experience was made more tolerable by the accomodations we recieved from the inn. Thank you for the hospitality. I would recommend this property to anyone going to the area.

• Liked — The quiet atmosphere
  • Disliked — Nothing to not like
  • Stayed December 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Milwaukee
Reviewed February 28, 2005

We stayed at the Quiet House for a family reunion and our family had 6 or 7 rooms in Feb., 2005. What a blast! The kids swam in the indoor/outdoor pool (in the snow) while the adults whiled away their time in the hot tub. The pool is horseshoe shaped with the hot tub in the center. There are also bathrooms and plenty of chairs, tables and loungers. There is a fireplace in the lobby which also looks into the pool.. We hung around the lobby until midnight in our jammies hanging out on the couches and rocking chairs in front of the fireplace and a group of us alternated from the dining room and the living room playing cards. There was a free continental breakfast which was OK. Not the best but certainly better than nothing. Along with free newspapers. Oh, there is no smoking in any of the inside areas, just outside and in your room (if it's smoking).

Now for the rooms. We had a loft suite which runs around $149 in winter. The living room (with fold-out couch), refrigerator & microwave and bathroom were downstairs and the king bed was upstairs in a loft overlooking the living room. Very nice. Very roomy. Two large tvs; one down and one up. Others in our group stayed in a leisure suite ($99) (2 queen beds and a fold out couch) which is all in one room. There is also a 2 room suite (about $129), whirlpool suites ($150 & up) and regular rooms ($89). All rooms have a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Some rooms have specialty decor like the log loft suite and the Oriental whirlpool suite. A few regular hotel rooms have direct outside access and the hotel is pet-friendly.

While the hotel is kind of out of the way (but fairly close to the highway, in between two different exits - Brown Deer Rd. and Mequon Rd.,), there is no lack of restaurants nearby. There are three within a block. A short drive brings you to several strip malls with Starbucks, Applebees, Cousins, Panera Bread, Culvers, a chinese restaurant and several others. Also nearby is Linens & things, Office Depot, Maurices and tons of little shops.

All in all we had a spectacular time. The people were great. The hotel was great. Our family decided that whichever one of us wins the lottery first has to buy the hotel so we can all live there.

• Stayed February 2005
4 Thank pvbooster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mequon
Comfort Inn & Suites. Grafton-Milwaukee
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Hampton Inn & Suites Grafton
Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon
Courtyard Milwaukee North/Brown Deer
La Quinta Inn & Suites Milwaukee Bayshore Area

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area? Share your experiences!