“Great stay minutes from Milwaukee”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mequon
Reviewed August 15, 2012

First time there and will be back. The rooms are spacious. The hotel staff was amazing. Everyone I walked by said hello or asked if there was anything they could help with. Took maybe fifteen minutes to get to downtown Milwaukee. Coolest pool I've seen. Also close to a few small towns on the shores dof Lake Michigan. Could spend a week there easily and just might soon.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Patrick D

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I can't say enough about this Best Western Quiet House in Mequon! I have stayed at Best Western Hotels all over the world and have never had a more pleasant experience than I had at this Best Western Quiet House in little Mequon, Wisconsin. From my first encounter with the staff~ an airport shuttle pick-upon my arrival to Milwaukee area, to my hotel check-out almost a month later the service of General Manager, Chris Allen, and his staff were exemplary! I couldn't have been travelling under worse circumstances or dealing with more duress; however, I credit the cleanliness, attentiveness, friendliness, patience, understanding and charm of Ron Allen and his staff at the Best Western Quiet House, for making an extremely awkward visit a wonderful experience. (Not to mention that this review is coming from a well-travelled, tainted Interior Designer who has had the good fortune of staying at, working with, and participating in designing for some of the best hotel operators out there... Disney, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton, & Westin just to name-drop a few!) If you want charm, cleanliness and attentiveness, this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Loved the themed suites~ quaint & fun! Really needed and took advantage of the over-sized, in-r...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank MLR059
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I always research the hotels that I stay at on Tripadvisor before I choose to book. This one was no exception, and the reviews seemed positive so I was excited for my stay.

I was part of a wedding party that had negotiated a block of rooms and shuttle service to and from the wedding. I called the morning of the wedding and asked if I could have an early check-in. The woman agreed to a noon check-in. Then I asked if I could check in for the bride and groom whose room was supposed to be complimentary, and she said she didn't know anything about the complimentary room. This is where the hospitality professional should say, "Let me check on that for you." Instead, I had to prompt her to look into the issue, and request a call back from her to let me know what the status of it was. Which she never did. Eventually, I called back to check on the status which she said she forgot to ask her manager about. To the credit of the hotel, after the second reminder, they fixed the error and the bride's room was complimentary after all.

Then comes to check-in time. The early check-in at noon was not granted (surprise). When the room was finally "ready", we were sorry that we had asked for the favor because the housekeeper was so rushed that he/she left actual poop smeared on the outside of the toilet. Being that we were running late for the wedding, we didn't have time to report it so we cleaned it ourselves. Gross.

Part of the wedding negotiations was to have a shuttle take the guests at 3pm to the wedding and then run continuously between the hotel and the wedding reception between the hours of 12am and 2am. This was the main reason why the bride chose this hotel for her big day. The shuttle to the wedding went well from what I heard...thank goodness. On the way home, things were not so good. The first shuttle did not arrive at the wedding reception until 12:45am- after at least 4 calls to the hotel where we were told "I don't know what happened to the driver". Drunk wedding guests waiting around for the shuttle is a disaster waiting to happen, and when the wedding is over the bride shouldn't have to stress about how her guests are going to get home safely since the arrangements she made arent working out. Later we were told an emergency came up and that's why the shuttle was almost an hour late. Two customer service ideas for the future: #1- tell your guests an emergency has come up. It will be better received than "I don't know". #2- If you can't honor your commitment with your shuttle, find an alternative- a cab company, etc.

Breakfast the next morning- I watched the front desk clerk squeeze herself into the small area dedicated to the breakfast lineup between me and two other guests to help herself to breakfast that was scarce at this point. I didn't expect much from the breakfast, but milk for the cereal would have been nice.

And now the kicker...I requested a copy of my receipt at the end of the stay, and saw an extra line item that I didn't expect labeled "Handling Fee". I asked what this was for and the front desk agent told me "It's a housekeeping fee". Seriously??? I have to pay EXTRA to have poop smeared on my toilet? All I could do was shake my head, laugh, and promptly exit before I lost it.

Service, cleanliness, and value are things that I look for in a hotel. This one had none of the above. Sad!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mrandmrstoad0709
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

July 2, 2012

Dear mrandmrstoad0709,

Thank you for your comments recently posted to Trip Advisor. I would have greatly appreciated the chance to correct the problems with your stay from the first moment. In the future, whether you are staying at our property or another, please ask to speak to the General Manger, as they would be more than happy to correct any problems on the spot rather than wait to see a review on a travel website.

I do apologize for your room not being ready when you arrived, our weekends are some of our busiest times and our staff’s ability to get the rooms ready for the normal check in time of 2 PM is dependent on the previous guest checking out on time. I have addressed the cleanliness of the guest bathroom with my housekeeping staff and have taken steps with additional training to ensure this does not happen again. If you had called the front desk with your problem, an alternate room could have been used for you and you would not have had to deal with the problem yourself.

With regards to the shuttle service, we did have a guest emergency that required the use of the shuttle. Unfortunately Mequon does not offer a taxi service. The closest taxi service is located in Milwaukee and based on previous experience would have taken longer to arrive than the shuttle after dealing with our guest emergency. I have also used your experience to provide additional training for our Front Desk staff. After speaking with my shuttle driver, it was determined that we also shuttled many of the other wedding guests that were not guest’s of the Best Western Quiet House to their hotels, which also added to the shuttle not being able to return in a timely manner. Since we are the only hotel in Mequon that does have a shuttle, this shuttling service was added as a courtesy to the wedding guests at no additional charge to the wedding party.

Again, if you had contacted me regarding the problems with your stay prior to leaving, most of the issues could have been resolved at that time. Thank you for your comments.

Ron Allen

Reviewed May 5, 2012

I had to make a trip to Mequon, WI on May 02, 2012. The staff at the BW Quiet House and Suites were absolutely wonderful. They arrived to pick me up from the airport rapidly even though their system did not shop my request for pickup. I was in WI to pick up a motorcycle and when the weather turned stormy, they supplied me with a complimentary cover for the night at absolutely no charge. Ron and the staff there are just the best customer service oriented people I have ever encountered any where. The rooms are all suites and so clean! If you are in the area...you want to stay at Best Western Quiet House. You will be glad you did!

Room Tip: I saw into several rooms as I passed down the hallway....they are all exceptional! I am a church se...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cynthia B. H
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We have stayed at this Quiet House numberous times and have always had a very relaxing, clean and positive experience. The staff is very attentive, even when they are very busy with a full house they keep right up with keeping everything clean and tidy - all with a smile and pleasant attitude. The pool and hot tub are great! Love the indoor/outdoor idea for the pool! And the pool area is very spacious for many to enjoy. An exercise room is available - a beautiful sitting area in the lobby - and a nice offer of continental breakfast has something for everyone. The theme rooms include hot tubs and are a great choice! This is the place to stay if you need overnight accomodations for anything in the area!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BeachseekerNeenah
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have used this hotel a number of times for various outings (family get-togethers, graduations, girls only weekends & summer time festivals), we have always had wonderful stays with clean, safe rooms. The staff is great and always friendly (a bonus is we see the same faces and they tend to remember you have stayed here before) and the location is close enough to all the "city" things, without making you feel like you are in the city. They offer a daily breakfast, even on the weekends. The indoor/outdoor pool is a big hit with kids of all ages! We have not stayed in their themed suites - but the pictures of all of the suites in the lobby make you want to stay in one.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Milwaukee area, it's a real nice place in a great area.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MidwestCookie
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed here for business. First floor rooms have outside doors. When i left for dinner I locked the chain because the door made me nervous. When I returned, the door was part open with only the chain keeping someone from getting in. VERY SCARY!!! Bath tub was filthy with dirt and pubic hair in the tub and on the soap dish. YUK!! The pool was very nice though and the woman working the late night at the front desk was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michele L
50104, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 262-241-3677

Since nothing was missing from room we have determined that the outside door was not latched fully. We have fixed this latch issue and have fixed it.
We will be using this as a training tool showing that most women like to be on second floor and will try to get single women up on second floor even if upgrading to larger loft or king room. I am glad Sheila took the steps quickly to make them feel comfortable and safe.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mequon
Comfort Inn & Suites. Grafton-Milwaukee
Hampton Inn & Suites Grafton
Four Points by Sheraton Milwaukee North Shore
Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee N. Brown Deer/Mequon
Washington House Inn
Washington House Inn
#1 of 1 in Cedarburg
Candlewood Suites Milwaukee North Brown Deer/Mequon

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Mequon Milwaukee Area? Share your experiences!