Tripadvisor

OR
Order Online
Ranked #10 of 84 Restaurants in Mequon
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First stopped here in October with some friends approximately 3 p.m. ordered apps & drinks. Everything was delicious with awesome waitress.
Returned 3rd week of November for lunch with a friend. Both of us were disappointed with our food. I had a salad & he had a burger without a bun. My salad was bland & his burger came with a bun & all the fixings. We had waited approximately 25 minutes & didn't want to wait for a new one. Waitress was ok, had to track her down for soda refills.

Date of visit: November 2019
Dreamer08609618574, General Manager at Cafe Hollander - Mequon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback Deb. We apologize for your last dining experience with us. We will bring this up to our culinary team and our front of the house team. Thank you for your feedback.

Write a reviewReviews (162)

Reviewed December 11, 2019

My co-workers and me stopped in for dinner..
We were in Mequon for a project..
the positives..
The service was great! we had a server who was engaged, talked to us, took our orders was over all a excellent server..
the food was great.. I had the meatloaf which was a little different.. the vegies were ground up and put in with the meat.. it was very good.. mash taters and salad..
two co-workers got the clams..which they enjoyed..
Now the only negative was the hostess who seated a group of 5. at a small table for 4.. seated us with attitude.. we asked for a larger table.. which we got with attitude..
sorry we out you out so much sunshine..

Date of visit: December 2019
Dreamer08609618574, Owner at Cafe Hollander - Mequon, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2019

We are happy to hear that you had a nice experience at our cafe. I am sorry to hear about the host that evening and will follow up with them. We will see you again!

Reviewed December 9, 2019

Our daughter in law had been here for coffee and suggested it for lunch. We had a reservation, so we were seated immediately. Decor is great, loved the wood floors and steps up to the second level. Would like to visit in summertime when the windows are open!
My son and I ordered the Sconnie burger. They grilled it perfectly, and it tasted great. It filled us up along with the plate full of fries. My daughter in law chose the bacon avocado chicken sandwich and loved it. My wife has to be gluten free, and they have an entire GF menu. She went with the Big Smokey Burger and loved it. Again, grilled to perfection, and she said it's the best meal she's has eaten since she's had to go gluten free. We loved the food, loved the ambiance, and enjoyed being able to visit upstairs without having to shout. Bonus--the Packer game was on TV so my son and I could catch the action too!

Date of visit: December 2019
Dreamer08609618574, General Manager at Cafe Hollander - Mequon, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2019

Thanks Jon for the great review! We are happy to hear that you had a great experience at our Cafe. We will see you again soon!

Reviewed December 8, 2019

We enjoyed our evening meal at Cafe Hollander. The beer was good. The food was excellent and there was enough to satisfy. I'd recommend Cafe Hollander to anyone! Oh, and plenty of parking!

Date of visit: November 2019

Thanks for the great review! We are happy to heat that you had a great experience at our cafe! See you again soon!

Reviewed December 4, 2019

I sometimes avoid going there because of all the noise, but this last time we went, we were upstairs and it wasn't noisy at all. Great atmosphere.

Date of visit: November 2019
Dreamer08609618574, General Manager at Cafe Hollander - Mequon, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2019

Thanks for the nice review! We will see you again soon!