“Make reservations early so you don't end up staying here”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Menomonie
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We did not make reservations early and ended up staying here...the outside was not kept up very well and the check in staff was not very friendly. The room was small and the carpets were spotted. There was long hairs in the bathtub drain and mildew on the tile grout. The whole motel is due for a major updating. We also found out at a local restaurant that there was a boil order in effect for the water in town and were never advised about drinking the water. That could have been major health concern! Luckily we were bothered by it.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarieC920
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Came through town at the end of a wonderful vacation and needed to stop for the night. Was told they only had two rooms left. Charged $146.00 for the night. Price marked on the door of the room was under $100.00. Got ready to put the kids to bed and when we pulled back the sheets there were brown smears on the sheets and they went though to the mattress pad. Guess the bed was not changed. YUCK!!! Needless to say kids slept on the futon in the room. Called front desk that night and told them about it the next day at check out as well. Called twice upon return home and could not talk to a manager. Finally received a message on our answering machine that they adjusted our charge. Instead of comping the room they took $20.00 off the bill. Please don't stay here! It was a very filthy hotel in illrepair. Pick another hotel or keep driving to the next town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

University graduation weekend so rooms were hard to find and priced accordingly. There was probably a reason why this place had a room open. Just needed a clean and simple room but paid alot for a bad experience in a "suite" that was left. The room was dirty and very outdated. We needed to use the pullout couch for kids, which was broken- they slept at an angle. Brought blanket in from the car. Had to ask for soap and linen. Did not allow kids to swim in the pool, paint flaking and dilapidated. Atrium had unfinished paint and construction, but did not appear to be under construction. We got up and got out as soon as possible. Never again - I would sleep in my car first!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was in Menomonie for a single night on business. I'm never sure whether I'll make it to the area as scheduled, so I hardly ever make reservations in advance. En route, I called around and found that the least expensive properties were this Econo Lodge ($50 total) and the Motel 6 ($47 total). The price I was quoted and received was after I mentioned the AAA rate. The Econo Lodge was actually 20% less than the coupon I had for the Super 8. I chose the Econo Lodge because of the added amenities that it offered and I was quite satisfied. They offer a fair sized parking area for large vehicles and RV's. Check in was amazingly quick and painless. I was able to park at my room door, but had to enter through the interior door since the exterior was secured with the bolt. This is NOT a new property, but I found the lobby, pool area and my room to be very clean. The room provided a solid selection of cable channels and there was a printed channel guide, which is always a bonus. The wifi signal was strong and reliable all night. The room was very quiet and the bed was very comfortable. There are numerous restaurants in the area and plenty of menus in the lobby if you want to have something delivered to your room. Breakfast consisted of a nice selection of pastries, cereals and freshly made waffles. Overall, I thought that this was a pretty decent motel for the price, especially when compared to the other motels in the area. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Worst experience ever quoted wrong price for room and after speaking with manager who knew nothing at all confirmed will never stay here again and will discourage anyone else. man in front of me checked out with same issue as mine room not quoted correctly and received a discounted rate but i was told there was nothing that can be done. manager said woman who made my reservation would have never mis quoted me.two things wrong with that my reservation was made with a man and how did the person in front of me have the exact same issue so obviously someone is mis quoting the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Your average room. Had to request a mini fridge, and the staff promptly wheeled one down. Small charge for pets. There was an outside access door to the room as well as one that led to the hallway, however key did not work to allow you to enter from the outside. Fine place to stay if you need a bed to sleep in for a night-quick access to interstate.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive mini vacation spot with a pool. When I booked the room online it was more than when we checked out even adding an extra day.. They gave us a discounted rate. The room was clean, we also wanted a room by the pool. Let me say we were about 10 feet from the pool if even that. It needs to be updated, the carpet was not so good. However, it was a bed and a place to put our stuff while we went exploring other places and towns.. We would stay there again. The staff was very kind, and helpful when we had questions. Our teen daughter spent most of her time in the pool and we enjoyed the jacuzzi as well. I have stayed in nicer hotels and had very bad service and would never leave my lap top out.. This place was very professional. Thanks for a good stay!

Room Tip: If you have kids and they want to swim, due to the design of the hotel I would ask for a room by the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menomonie
Best Western Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#10 of 25 in Eau Claire

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!