“Awesome”
Review of Devils Punchbowl

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Love this place. The stairs are becoming a challenge as I get older, but the effort is worth it. I have never found it to be too busy when I visit. Easy to find parking.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We decided to stop here on our way to The House on the Rock. The drive out is beautiful, especially since we were here in October and the leaves were mostly changed. The ground was muddy, but that did not stop us from walking the path and down the stairs to the Punchbowl. It was very unique and the water was falling down the side of the canyon. We were able to take some beautiful pictures, while stretching our legs from the long car ride. I wouldn't recommend making a special trip for this attraction, but if you are passing by, it is only about 10 minutes off of the highway. Also, I am not sure why the attraction is called "Devil's Punchbowl"; there is nothing ominous about this place.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

A short walk, including a number of wooden steps, takes you from the small parking lot on the side of the road and down to the stream below. Follow the trail upstream for a few yards and you enter the punchbowl. You are surrounded by stone cliffs carved by the river and at the far end the water spout of the waterfall. On the day we visit the water coming over the falls was just a trickle and there were a few other cars in the lot with a couple of groups (families) taking in the sight. We spent about 20 minutes looking around and that was about it. So if you are close and want to stretch you legs then the devils punchbowl is worth a visit. If the weather is wet, icy or snowy then I suspect the walk down could be a little dubious, if you visit in the summer then no worries.

2  Thank TripTravela