“Could use a good cleaning”

Super 8 Menomonie WI
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Menomonie
Reviewed July 12, 2006

Conveniently located just of I-94 in Menomonie, the Super 8 seemed promising at $42/night. Everything was pretty much what I expected from a Super 8 including, unfortunately, the fact that the rooms weren't very clean. The bathroom exhaust fan in particular was about enough to make me want to vomit and it looked like it had never been cleaned. If that didn't encourage illness, then the touch of urine stains on the wall (or worse yet, the fact that it might have just been urine and not a stain) below the exhaust fan (and on the opposite wall of the toilet) surely did the trick.

We enjoyed the area around the hotel dining at the Stout Ale House, which appeared fairly new in the mall across the street (behind McDonald's) and the SuperAmerica next door was nice for water and snacks. We also enjoyed the complementary breakfast, which included make your own waffles, dry cereals, coffee, doughnuts, toast, etc. That was a good deal for all of that to be included and the dining area off the lobby was very nice.

Still, I think next time I'd try the Country Inn & Suites next door even at twice the price.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank jojooboo

Reviewed November 6, 2005

I'm usually not a big fan of Super 8, but the one in Menomonie was a pleasant surprise. Although lacking in a number of amenities that are usually important to me, e.g., coffee pot in the room, iron/hair dryer, refrigerator, and so on, the room was absolutely neat as a pin (courtesy of "Shannon," our housekeeper) and the bed comfortable. The room even featured a high-back recliner that was cozy. As a big fan of good shower pressure and hot water, I'd give the Super 8 Menomonie very high marks on these items. Front desk doesn't like cash customers (typical for this chain), but overall, I enjoyed my stay and I'd certainly consider staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank LactoseIntolerante
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menomonie
#6 of 8 in Menomonie
Best Western Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menomonie
#16 of 25 in Eau Claire
Motel 6 Menomonie
Motel 6 Menomonie
#3 of 8 in Menomonie
Hampton Inn & Suites Menomonie-UW Stout

Been to Super 8 Menomonie WI? Share your experiences!