“A pleasant stay”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Menomonie
Burlington
“A pleasant stay”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

This was a very pleasant stay, easily up to the best Super 8 standards. We had no complaints about anything connected with our stay and would recommend it to anyone planning a stay in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hurley, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I would usually give this motel a, "Good" rating but when I went to check in, I could not find anyone behind the desk. Once I did find a person, there was a few of us to check in. I went down the room and it was nice. I went back to the front desk to ask for an additional pillow and again I had to find the front desk person. She was very nice but I just wanted to settle in for the evening and start working on emails for work.

The property is relatively clean and caters to mostly blue collar construction folks and this is fine. Everyone was quite throughout the evening and I could not hear any noise coming from outside. If I had to complain, the TV is supposed to be a flat screen and it was not. The TV was old and even though it worked well it was a monster.

As usual, with these motels, there are too few outlets for my cell phone, lap top, ipad, and other electronic devices. There was no light bulb present on the lamp on the business desk also. Small things like this kill these places for business travelers. The maids were nice enough to leave me a pack of opened Skiddles in the fridge. I am not sure if this is protocol but it makes me wonder if anyone even looked in the fridge...

I was a bit alarmed when I checked in and I was trying to get ice from the ice machine and a person came by and said there was usually no ice. He told me that he stay a great deal and the ice machine never seems to work. This is certainly unacceptable... I then went to the front desk and they told me to go to the 3rd floor. This is all fine but would one think it would be easier to have these fixed??? Thus the 3 out of 5 rating.

I would stay again but some of these things need to be fixed... Over all an average property that is in need of some TLC...

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a room next to the pool. If you are a business person, ask for a room on...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Room a bit run down, but definitely very clean and the beds were comfortable enough. We all had a good night sleep. Breakfast buffet was basic, but perfect to grab a few things on the way out. Staff was friendly. Will return to this hotel when in the area again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Renee W, General Manager at Super 8 Menomonie WI, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to share your experience with us! We are pleased that you were comfortable in your room and we look forward to seeing you again anytime you are in the Menomonie area.

Again, thank you!

Renee Wagner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menomonie
Best Western Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Eau Claire Conference Center
Days Inn West-Eau Claire
Days Inn West-Eau Claire
#20 of 25 in Eau Claire

Been to Super 8 Menomonie WI? Share your experiences!