“Troubling maintenance/security issues”

Super 8 Menomonie WI
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Menomonie
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We've stayed at this Super 8 several times now. The rooms are always well-cleaned, the pool area is reasonably kept up, breakfast is up to what one should expect at the chain, and the rates are reasonable.

On this trip I was surprised to find the door to the pool area had been held open so that anyone including an unaccompanied child could enter without a key. I tried to close it once but found later that it was open again, and it was open the next morning when I came down for breakfast. This was not from a guest holding it with a towel, but the staff either wanted it that way or couldn't get the electronic lock to work.

On my way out in the morning my wife could not open the exit door from the inside. The bar you push to open the latch was frozen in place. A key from the outside would let someone in, but nobody inside could get out. She informed the desk clerk, who was properly concerned.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Renee W, General Manager at Super 8 Menomonie WI, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write a review. I apologize that there were concerns with security while at our property, and I thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. The pool door was adjusted by the Maintenance Engineer and is in proper working order again. I understand that this is a serious concern and I assure you all steps have been taken to ensure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for brining opportunities for improvement to our attention. I look forward to welcoming you as our guest in the future!

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Menomonie WI

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I travel quite frequently. What I look for is a clean, comfortable room and good service. Super 8 Menomonie exceeded my expectations. From management, front desk to housekeeping, everyone was knowledgeable, friendly and extremely helpful. They went above and beyond to ensure satisfaction.

If you are looking for Hilton service and a comfortable stay at a great price, this is the hotel. It is also located within close proximity to the downtown area and within walking distance to many bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us at Menomonie Super 8, and thank you for such kind words about our hotel and staff. We strive to maintain quality rooms and reasonable prices, which is consistently reflected in our high Quality Assurance scores. We always appreciate what our guests have to say and search for any opportunities to improve. Again, thank you and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back as our guest soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Y G
Renee W, General Manager at Super 8 Menomonie WI, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Reviewed June 5, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 4, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Room was adequate. I had to sign a "no smoking" waver and If it smelled I would be charged 200$. I guess they forgot to bill the previous person as our room stunk.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua R

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review. I apologize that your room had an odor of smoke. If we find that smoking has occured in the room, everything must be taken out of the room and the room must be deep cleaned as well as curtains removed and cleaned. The last step before a room that has been smoked in, can be put back on the market to sell is to purify the air. Unfortunately in this case, we did not know that there had been smoking in the room, prior to you checking into that room.

Again, I apologize. It is my hope that we can have another chance to earn your 5 STAR review.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menomonie
Best Western Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
Metropolis Resort
Metropolis Resort
#11 of 25 in Eau Claire
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire

Been to Super 8 Menomonie WI? Share your experiences!