“Decent hotel...perfect location”

Super 8 Menomonie WI
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Menomonie
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Super 8 for a couple nights while visiting my son. I have always stayed at the Motel 6 in the past, but decided to "upgrade" to the Super 8. I definitely prefer the Super 8. The location, hot tub, and larger rooms with a king bed are a bonus, but the breakfast was not so great. It is not the Ritz, but it is not a dump either. If you want to save a few bucks and don't care about a pool or location, I would say the "6" isn't a bad choice either. If you are looking for something a little nicer, then go with the "8".

• Stayed: October 2012
Renee W, General Manager at Super 8 Menomonie WI, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us!

We have spent the last year making updates to the pool and lobby areas to ensure a more up to date and enjoyable experience for you.

Thank you for making Menomonie Super 8 your home away from home and I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The smell of stale smoke in the room kept me awake all night. By morning I was severely congested a could not breath.

When I checked in, there was a man sleeping in the lobby and that ageve the appearance of a flop house.. If I could have found another hotel I would have walked out.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank DAVID B

I am very sorry that your experience with us was not a good one. I am very sorry that your room smelled of smoke; as we are a non-smoking hotel! I know that I would also be upset if I had to indure that smell for an entire night.

I would have liked to speak with you while you were on the property, I or any of the Guest Service Representatives would have changed your room immediately and taken the offending room off market to ensure that the issues with your particular room were addressed by maintenance and housekeeping.

Again, I apologize that your experience with us was not satisfying and I would love to have a second chance to earn your perfect 10!

Thank you and have a Super day!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

On a last minute road trip I was having difficulty finding a room the Saturday night of the Labor Day weekend. Menomonie was not really going to be in the area we were heading towards but they had availability and I read great reviews about the Super 8.

When I arrived I was unsure if this was the correct motel. The previous reviews had marked excellent and this did not give the appearance for that rating. The outside looked worn and dirty. The entrance to the east of the door looked filthy with cigarette butts thrown everywhere. I'm assuming this is where the smokers go to light up. The room was okay - pretty average. It wasn't dirty, but it didn't have a fresh feeling.

The young lady at the front desk was very friendly and I have no complaints.

I don't think that I am stingy with my ratings, but an excellent review should be kept for somewhere that is more contemporary and better maintained. If I had to stay here again, it wouldn't be awful. I would prefer to go to a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

1  Thank lizzzg

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review. I will definately address the issue of the cigarette butts at the east entrance to the building and ensure that they are cleared on a regular basis.

As the hotel is with a new management company, we are slowly working on many improvements and it is feedback like yours that helps us prioritize our goals. It is my hope that you will give us a second chance to earn your perfect 10!

Thank you and have a Super day!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Spent two nights in the hotel and it was Ok. Seemed clean and well tended. The check in girl was very friendly and helpful. The pool was well tended. The free breakfast was sufficient. Everything was just average. I don't have anything to compare it to in town but might look around if I need to stay in Menomonie again.

1  Thank SeacayII

Thank you for choosing Menomonie Super 8 as your home away from home. We pride ourselves on having a clean hotel and exceptionally friendly staff. I would love to welcome you back whenever you are in the Menomonie area!

Thank you!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

while the hotel was clean - breakfast was not prepared. Two mornings - NO COFFEE, NO JUICE-NO EGGS- LIMITED TOAST- NO MILK FOR CEREAL. We along with other customers had to ask both mornings for service. It was evident that the hotel was completely understaffed. Having stayed there many times we no longer will book super 8. Lyle

Room Tip: really don't have an idea
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lyle M
Renee W, General Manager at Super 8 Menomonie WI, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that your stay did not meet our high expectations. I would be dissapointed as well if this had occured while I was staying at a hotel. It is our number one priority to ensure that you have a positive experience, and I am very sorry that you were dissapointed.

Our property and staff have consistently scored high in areas of guest satisfaction and we are considered a Quality Assurance "A" property. I want you to know that I have addressed these issues with my staff and added extra staffing for times of high occupancy. It is my hope that you will return and give us a second chance to earn your perfect 10!

Again, thank you for sharing your concerns. Please feel free to call me directly at the property with any other concerns you may have.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was not expcting much from a Super8, but I was pleasantly surprised. Check in was fast and easy. It was recommended that we choose the third floor for a quiet room. We stayed in a queen size room on the third floor. It was much quieter than the other floors. The room was very clean and even included a mini fridge. The room price included a breakfast bar every morning. The location was nice, just a little over a mile to downtown Menomonie. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Take the third floor for a quiet room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanking you for making Menomonie Super 8 your "home away from home". I'm also very glad that you were pleasantly suprised! It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable experience. Weather you are in town visiting family, the college or just stopping in to rest; you can be sure that our friendly and knowlegdable staff will be here to assist you in any way we can.

Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope that we can be of service to you again in the future!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have stayed at the Super 8 in Menomonie WI once a year for the past 15 years on an annual trip to visit relatives. It has always been clean and comfortable. The staff has always been very pleasant and helpful. The price is right. It is just a short distance from the interstate and in a very convenient location. Nearby fast food, grocery/liquor store, drug store, chain restaurants, locally owned eateries, etc. The continental breakfast is adequate. I have never used the indoor swimming pool but have seen plenty of people using it. I would recommend this Super 8 to anyone visiting Menomonie.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Renee W, General Manager at Super 8 Menomonie WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review and thank you for your recommendation! I am glad to hear that you find our accomodations and location to your liking and that you have been a valued guest for so many years. Our goal is to provide exceptionally clean rooms, exceptionally friendly service and all at a price that is affordable.

There are several different options for food and activities in the area and our front desk staff would be happy to provide directions or suggestions at any time! And as was stated in the review; we are centrally located.

Again, thank you. I look forward to many more years of providing quality hospitality to you and your family!

Renee Wagner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Menomonie
#6 of 8 in Menomonie
Best Western Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menomonie
#16 of 25 in Eau Claire
Motel 6 Menomonie
Motel 6 Menomonie
#3 of 8 in Menomonie
Hampton Inn & Suites Menomonie-UW Stout

Been to Super 8 Menomonie WI? Share your experiences!