“Not a destination”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Menomonie
Port Washington, Wisconsin
“Not a destination”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Spent two nights in the hotel and it was Ok. Seemed clean and well tended. The check in girl was very friendly and helpful. The pool was well tended. The free breakfast was sufficient. Everything was just average. I don't have anything to compare it to in town but might look around if I need to stay in Menomonie again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeacayII
Renee W, General Manager at Super 8 Menomonie WI, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for choosing Menomonie Super 8 as your home away from home. We pride ourselves on having a clean hotel and exceptionally friendly staff. I would love to welcome you back whenever you are in the Menomonie area!

Thank you!

Renee Wagner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2012

while the hotel was clean - breakfast was not prepared. Two mornings - NO COFFEE, NO JUICE-NO EGGS- LIMITED TOAST- NO MILK FOR CEREAL. We along with other customers had to ask both mornings for service. It was evident that the hotel was completely understaffed. Having stayed there many times we no longer will book super 8. Lyle

Room Tip: really don't have an idea
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lyle M
Renee W, General Manager at Super 8 Menomonie WI, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that your stay did not meet our high expectations. I would be dissapointed as well if this had occured while I was staying at a hotel. It is our number one priority to ensure that you have a positive experience, and I am very sorry that you were dissapointed.

Our property and staff have consistently scored high in areas of guest satisfaction and we are considered a Quality Assurance "A" property. I want you to know that I have addressed these issues with my staff and added extra staffing for times of high occupancy. It is my hope that you will return and give us a second chance to earn your perfect 10!

Again, thank you for sharing your concerns. Please feel free to call me directly at the property with any other concerns you may have.

tosa, wi
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was not expcting much from a Super8, but I was pleasantly surprised. Check in was fast and easy. It was recommended that we choose the third floor for a quiet room. We stayed in a queen size room on the third floor. It was much quieter than the other floors. The room was very clean and even included a mini fridge. The room price included a breakfast bar every morning. The location was nice, just a little over a mile to downtown Menomonie. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Take the third floor for a quiet room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanking you for making Menomonie Super 8 your "home away from home". I'm also very glad that you were pleasantly suprised! It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable experience. Weather you are in town visiting family, the college or just stopping in to rest; you can be sure that our friendly and knowlegdable staff will be here to assist you in any way we can.

Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope that we can be of service to you again in the future!

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have stayed at the Super 8 in Menomonie WI once a year for the past 15 years on an annual trip to visit relatives. It has always been clean and comfortable. The staff has always been very pleasant and helpful. The price is right. It is just a short distance from the interstate and in a very convenient location. Nearby fast food, grocery/liquor store, drug store, chain restaurants, locally owned eateries, etc. The continental breakfast is adequate. I have never used the indoor swimming pool but have seen plenty of people using it. I would recommend this Super 8 to anyone visiting Menomonie.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Renee W, General Manager at Super 8 Menomonie WI, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Greetings!

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review and thank you for your recommendation! I am glad to hear that you find our accomodations and location to your liking and that you have been a valued guest for so many years. Our goal is to provide exceptionally clean rooms, exceptionally friendly service and all at a price that is affordable.

There are several different options for food and activities in the area and our front desk staff would be happy to provide directions or suggestions at any time! And as was stated in the review; we are centrally located.

Again, thank you. I look forward to many more years of providing quality hospitality to you and your family!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had a new grandson born in Menomonie on May 14th and they were moving to Stevens Point that following weekend so Grandpa and I came from Minnesota to watch him and help them move. Well we really did not have a place to be with the new baby early in the day but Renee' was kind enough to get us in a room early at no extra charge. They were wonderful to us all weekend and now the kids are moving back to Menomonie on Labor Day weekend and we already booked our stay at Super 8. Then we plan on going back the next weekend (making up for lost time) and I forgot to book for that weekend so I emailed Renee' and in about 5 minutes I had an email with that weekend booked also! We plan on spending alot of time seeing that baby so we will be spending alot of time there. It is so nice to have a clean and warm place to stay. I have told all of my family about it also so they can stay there when they go to visit. Thanks Renee' and staff!

Room Tip: Just talk to Renee' and she will make sure you are taken care of!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sherry S
Thank you for making Menomonie Super 8 your home away from home and thank you so much for your kinds words. If I remember correctly is was over 90 degrees that day! I'm glad that we were able to provide a cool place for Mom and baby to relax and some piece of mind for Grandma and Grandpa.

The entire staff is empowered to provide quality service with a warm and friendly smile. I know it is sometimes difficult to be away from home; so we strive to provide an exceptional experience to all those we host. The staff will be happy to know you were so pleased with our services.

Again, thank you! I am looking forward to seeing and visiting with you in the coming months!

Take care,

America IS beautiful
Reviewed July 30, 2012

A pleasant evening in a fine hotel. Upon check in, I was presented with a $10 gas card (SuperAmerica-next door) and a Super 8 coffee mug - that was rather neat. In 20 years of staying at Marriott, I never received anything. This location is clean, secure, and appears to be well managed. Check in was smooth as was check out. I requested and received credit for safe deposit ($1.64), and a revised bill upon departure. This is a keeper property and I definately return.

Room Tip: Be mindful of safe deposit, (common charge).
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this review. I know that you have several choices when planning your travels and we are pleased that you stayed with us! I am glad that you were able to take advantage of the Gas-N-Go package, it is quite a deal and can be booked either on line or through calling the property directly. With your coffee mug you are welcome to stop in at any Super 8 across the country for free coffee! Just be sure to present your mug.

As with many hotels, there is a safe in the room. For a minimal fee of $1.59 you are provided with a $10,000 warranty on anyting placed inside the safe. This fee and warranty are optional and the fee can be removed with no questions asked.

Again, thank you for calling Menomonie Super 8 your home away from home and I would like to invite you to stay with us again anytime you are in the Menomonie area.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We have been coming here for the past 4 years while our daughter was attending Stout. We always been satisfied staying at this hotel. Rooms very good. Staff excellent. And wonderful exercise facility.

• Stayed July 2012
Renee W, General Manager at Super 8 Menomonie WI, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
First and foremost, thank you for choosing Menomonie Super 8 as your home away from home for so many years. Your patronage is greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking your time to write a review as well. I will be delighted to let the staff know their services were "excellent".

Anytime your family is in the Menomonie area; you are welcome here!

Again, thank you and best wishes to you and your family in the future!

Renee Wagner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menomonie
Best Western Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#10 of 25 in Eau Claire
Sleep Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Super 8 Menomonie WI? Share your experiences!