“A "home away from home" for visiting Stout Grads”
Review of Oaklawn Inn

Oaklawn Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Menomonie
Oaklawn Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Menomonie B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Maggie is a great ambassador for the Menomonie area. As Stout grads, we didn't want to return to our favorite small town and stay in a hotel-we wanted to be "home" again. What a lovely weekend we had. Maggie knows the area inside and out, filled us in on many of the changes since we left town, and steered us towards many new adventures. Our privacy was respected, but along with that, we enjoyed the company of the other visitors. Our room and bath were comfortable, breakfasts delicious, the common areas clean and ample, and the grounds have a wonderful walking path. There is no better way to experience Menomonie.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 10, 2014

What a beautiful setting; the rooms are lovely, the breakfasts are grand, there are bottomless cups of coffee, there is a wonderful screened-in porch to sit on, Maggie is very knowledgeable and helpful regarding attractions in the area. I have been to the Menomonie area many times, and Oaklawn is the best place I've stayed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Came to Wisconsin for a family reunion. We selected the Oaklawn Inn given its location. The innkeeper Maggie was very attentive to our daily needs and quite friendly. A very nice gesture was that she had beer and wine ready for us upon our arrival. We took two adjoining rooms which were spacious and comfortable with their own private bathrooms. We had good daily breakfast with another guest family, it was great meeting them!

Very pleased with our stay, would recommend family and friends! Thanks Maggie

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Our son was making a campus visit at UW -Stout. When searching for lodging options in the area, we found the hotels to be "adequate" but nothing special. We were hoping for a more unique experience and found it at Oaklawn Inn. Maggie greeted us with a glass of wine and knowledgable recommendations for restaurants for dinner. The room, The Trillium, was lovely and all rooms have a private bath. In the morning, we woke to the aroma of fresh coffee and savored a delicious breakfast of yogurt, granola, fresh raspberries, scrambled eggs with spinach, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese. Maggie asks about food preferences and allergies and does not disappoint in her food selections or preparation.She also has a wealth of knowledge about the area and its attractions. Thanks Maggie - great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Our son attends Stout and we have always stayed at the area hotels when visiting. We happened along Oak Lawn and made a reservation for our next visit. That was it - we have stayed at Oak Lawn at every other visit. Great breakfast and comfortable accommodations. Thanks Maggie.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Maggie F, Owner at Oaklawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

So glad you found me. As a Stout Alum myself, I enjoy meeting the Stout students and their visiting families and hearing their stories. It brings back memories and I hope my knowledge of the campus and the area helps to make guests more comfortable. Always fun.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was traveling for business to Menomonie for 3 nights and did not want to stay in a 2 to 3 star hotel. Google searches lead me to Oaklawn. After viewing the web site and initial contact with Maggie, I told our cooperate travel agent that Oaklawn was where I wanted to stay. Maggie matched the room rates to any local hotels. What a beautiful, comfortable home. One of my comments to Maggie was that prior to my visit I had never been called by any Hilton property (which is where I usually stay) to discuss what I wanted for breakfast, what could be done to make my stay more pleasant as well as local restaurants and activities. The home cooked breakfasts were fabulous. The accommodations were very comfortable and relaxing. My next trip to the Menomonie area I will be staying at Oaklawn.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The stay was lovely. We were well cared for at the same time had privacy. This historic home is preserved with modern details that made our get away comfortable and peaceful.
Also significant, Maggie took into account my food allergies and made sure all was well.

• Stayed: February 2014