“We love this place!!!”

Zanzibar Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Menomonie
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Deep red walls and rich hardwood accents create an inviting and relaxing setting for an exciting, eclectic meal at Zanzibar. The menu contains numerous original contemporary American dishes with world influences. Two of the most popular items, lahvosh, is an Armenian cracker bread topped with a five-cheese blend, veggies, and a variety of meats and Meatloaf Mignon (this isn’t your mama’s meatloaf). The bar can mix up hand-craft cocktails, over 65 kinds of martinis, and offers an unique wine list. The menu is very vegetarian friendly (any meal can be altered) and contains over 100 gluten-free options. They also create their own spice blends that are available to take home. Reservations are recommended.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed at a B&B just outside of Menomonie and they recommended this place. We loved every bite!
I crave their smoked trout tacos.
I would drive from the twin cities just to eat at this place.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The salad was especially refreshing as it was the best vegetable offered over our three day stay in Menomenie.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent food in an enjoyable, comfortable and well appointed bistro. A diverse menu with excellent breath and choices and some very unique speciality offerings. The bar selection was well mixed and served in prompt and pleasant setting. Service was attentive and knowledgable. Very worthy of many repeat visits.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have been to Zanzibar many times in the past couple of years. I will say they have an extraordinary martini menu which has been hand crafted by none other then Katie Cantwell. Zanzibar is a luxury restaurant great for going out with family, friends, or on dates. Zanzibars menu is a little over priced for the quality of food that is being offered. I have had some bland entrees such as the Risotto (which is no longer on the menu), the Carbonara which is severely lacking in flavor and mouth appeal, and to top it off I had the smoked duck and my sautéed cabbage was "burnt cabbage", and the duck was overcooked.

With that being said they do have some great dishes, I recommend you order from the appetizers or the bar food section. The smoked trout tacos are to die for and I enjoyed the Masala Chicken which is bursting with flavor and is very well put together.

In a nutshell Zanzibar has the potential to be great, it has the atmosphere people are looking for, the extensive drink list, and an incredible waitstaff. All it needs is to find its place with the menu and prepare the food with the rigor and savouriness I know Zanzibar can deliver.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I dined here for the first time tonight and it was a great experience from start to finish. Located on Main St., parking can be a bit tricky but once you find a spot it's all good from there.Seating and lighting are cozy, service is tremendous. Everything on the menu sounded delicious, but the girls said the lavosh was a must try. We did the mediterranean with mango added and it was delicious. The crust was unlike anything I have ever tried, and it made the pizza in my opinion. They're also right to steer clear from calling it simply "pizza," because pizza it is not. The ingredients were fresh & flavorful and well executed. I wouldn't say you have to be adventurous to eat here, there are plenty of run of the mill items on the menu, along with the more adventurous tastes, plenty to please everyone. The tap beer was fantastic, and dessert (pumpkin cheesecake, apple pie a la mode) were both absolutely delicious, garnished with a fresh (edible) orchid. Prices are reasonable for a restaurant of it's caliber but is definitely something on the more expensive side for most people. I enjoyed the experience, and I already have my meal chosen for my next visit!