“home away from home”

Ranked #2 of 3 Menomonie B&B and Inns
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“home away from home”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My first visit was awesome...By the time I stayed the second time; I walked in the front door, kicked off my shoes, was greeted with a hug ( I don't mind hugs) and then headed to the back deck to enjoy the sunshine, birds, complimentary beverage and company. Then on my third visit, my daughter and I hung out on the lower level: watching a movie (they have DVD"S), eating homemade pizza (from Ted's Pizza-a local establishment) and enjoyed each others company, while relaxing on the couch with blankets...I look forward to the next time. I have a girls weekend planned and have booked 3 of the 4 rooms. It is quiet and calming, plenty of books to read, a piano and a guitar if you would like to play and several sitting areas in/out of the house. The breakfast is always delightful, the coffee is perfect and Loren and Judy are my new BFF's (best friends forever)...This really is my second home while my child is attending college in Menomonie, WI......!!!!

Room Tip: If you prefer a private bath; choose a room with a private bath.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DianeSteve11

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My daughter and I first lucked out by finding this gem last fall when we were on our mother/daughter bike trip. I have never returned to a bed and breakfast before (not that I haven't stayed at other nice locations), but this had so much to offer that it was the perfect choice for our girls' weekend, with a nice selection of restaurants (within a reasonable walking distance), the Red Cedar Trail for walks and biking, the river for tubing, the immaculate cleanliness of the home (but without making one feel uncomfortable), and not least of all the deck where we could sun, watch the wide array of birds, and socialize made it a perfect destination. Topped off by massages, extremely accomodating and warm hosts,and amazing breakfasts, we had an amazing time (again)!! All of my girlfriends are planning another trip

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stopped at Country Comfort on our way back to New York from a road trip to Alaska. After spending the previous 4 nights in our tent, our room at this lovely B&B was a delight. Loren and Judy are excellent hosts. The inn was very close to the Red Cedar Bike Trail, a beautiful ride for us after dinner. I won't be forgetting those ultra-thick bath towels and comfy bed! (Loved the history of the home/grounds that Loren shared with us...be sure to ask.)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Country Comfort on my first visit to the midwest. We came to Menomonie to visit family. We chose Country Comfort so that we could visit loved ones but have a quite place to retreat to when were ready. Our stay was wonderful! Judy and Loren are delightful hosts. We enjoyed wonderful, daily, home cooked breakfast, great conversation, and of course privacy and quiet.

The room we stayed in had a comfortable bed (we're sleep number people; we're kind of particular about beds). There was a nice gas or electric fireplace in the room (which was great because it was fourteen degrees our first night there! It was March and Menomonie had just received a late and unexpected snow storm). When we came back to Country Comfort our first night we had a pitcher of water, a glass of wine, and chocolate from Legacy chocolate waiting for us in our room!

The bathrooms were clean and well stocked. There were plenty of shelves to place and keep all of our hygiene related items, and there were plenty of hooks for hanging towels and or bathrobes. The soap and shampoo were high quality (I certainly did not feel as though I were doing without; to be so far from home….That's nice).

We seldom travel without our gadgets. We were pleased to have a fast and reliable wifi connection that was free of charge.

Our first morning was great! I sat in the living room on a comfortable couch and played acoustic guitar by myself and stared out the window at the snowy landscape overlooking a beautiful river. Really… The setting is majestic.

Country Comfort is also well located. We were only a few minutes from downtown Menomonie. Downtown has offerings I wouldn't expect from a small town. To name a few places I enjoyed… Acoustic Cafe (great sandwiches), The Raw Deal for coffee, Zanzibar for a good pint and a yummy dinner, and there's a Co-op!

Judy, Loren, and their well run B&B really made our stay a great one. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Country Comfort is a great name for this home in the woods. Judy & Loren have done an excellent job to make sure that the rooms are comfortable: king size bed that are a delight to slip into, lovely antique furniture that function well, and an en-Suite bathroom with plush towels!

When we arrived after a long drive, we were welcomed with a bottle of wine that Judy & Loren had bottled themselves--fabulous! We sat on the front porch swing and relaxed for a few minutes before going to dinner at Zanzibar (recommendable & very close).

Breakfast was delicious from fresh fruit, SOS - like you've never experienced complete with organic eggs, locally made sausage, on gluten-free toast. Even the coffee has a story: from the Unseen Bean, Inc. in Boulder, CO. Judy & Loren have gone through extraordinary measures to make your experience at Country Comfort a pleasure!

Room Tip: We stayed in the lower level-even has a little refrigerator for those cheeses and snacks you may hav...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Trempealeau, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

The house is beautiful, set overlooking woods and river, just a couple miles outside of Menomonie. The room was bright and comfortable, with plush carpeting, a king bed that you sink into with an "ahhhh," and an attached bathroom with towels as thick as encyclopedias and soft as Rush Limbaugh's belly. The breakfasts? You'll never look at cream chipped beef on toast the same way, and the pancakes make your wife's seem like communion wafers.
But none of that is what will bring me back to Country Comfort the next time I'm in Menominee. For me, the best thing was the attitude of owners Loren and Judy. Unlike the fussy, here-are-the-rules attitude I've run across at a couple B&Bs, Loren and Judy seemed to care only that my girlfriend and I had a nice stay. They were flexible, working their schedule around their guests', and walked well that line between privacy and service. Plus, they are nice people who clearly love the community they live in. I look forward to staying there again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iraform
Shoreview, Minnesota
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Country Comfort B&B on Oct. 22. Lorean and Judy are excellent hosts.The peaceful inn is located overlooking the Red Cedar River. The bike trail is nearby. The rooms are large and very comfortable beds. My wife loved the soft sheets. The breakfast was excellent with baked apple, eggs cooked with cream cheese and chives, smoked salmon over artisan bread toast, cottage cheese with dill, and great coffee.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 4Gophers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Menomonie
Best Western Plus Menomonie Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Menomonie
Super 8 Menomonie WI
Super 8 Menomonie WI
#3 of 6 in Menomonie

Been to Country Comfort Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!