“I am boycotting Culvers”
Review of Culver's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Culver's
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Seafood
Reviewed March 4, 2014

yes..good food, even better custard..BUT...have you ever been verbally told "THANK YOU" at Culvers? I've noticed this about two years ago. I even called and spoke to a manager about it. Thier surprised response was; "I'll talk to her". (..meaning the girl at the drive thru window). I have gone back many times and have yet to be told "THANK YOU". You can order food, custard, gift cards, ANYTHING....they just don't appreciate your business and can not say thank you. I have had males, females, teens and mature adults take my order and still never a syllable of thanks. I am wondering if this is a corporate thing and they are instructed to not say TY. I see those folksy, down home goodness type commercials for Culvers on tv, and I just gringe. It makes me think...yea...come on over and give us some more of your $$$$, 'cause we know we have the market cornered. At times when they give me my change, I say "thank you" very loud and kind of rude even, and they just look at you like..."ok...what is your problem". Although I DID have ONE teen male respond with "your welcome" to me. MMMMM....seems it should be the other way around. I am the one giving you my $$$ and my business, seems it would only be right to say thank you...good business manners and appreciation at the least. Next time you go to Culvers, just make a mental note if the employees thank you for your business. Would be interesting to see if this changes or is just a regonial thing, or what.

3  Thank Ilovethedoor

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I heard a lot about their ice cream but I have to say the chicken and dumplings was great. Very fast service

Reviewed September 6, 2013

It never occurs to me to review Culver's on Trip Advisor, because it's "just" a fast food place, but since I practically live there, maybe it's finally time that I write about my second home.
Service is always friendly, usually pretty quick.
Here's a tip that maybe not everyone knows about: get the hamburger snack-pack! Tasty burger, you can substitute the *most delicious* green beans in the world for the French fries, and you get unlimited refills of soft drinks or coffee. A satisfying, appealing meal; reasonably healthy; all for under $4.
I've tried most of the soups at one time or another; they're all good. Yesterday I splurged and had the sweet potato fries. They were great, but I'm not sure they were worth the calories ; o)
Seasonal salads are wonderful, but be careful -- they often have a higher fat content than the sandwiches, even if you order the tasty raspberry vinaigrette dressing. You might be better off having a burger!

I love the "local" atmosphere: on any given day, you might see a group of retired farmers, school athletes in uniform, middle-aged people with their elderly parents, business people on a working lunch, etc.
I also applaud Culver's for employing several disabled people to serve the meals. These employees are clearly working very earnestly, and they do a great job. It's apparent that they're valued members of the Culver's family.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Warm day so stopped in for my second custard of the holiday. Did not think it was as good as the first one I got in Buffalo MN, but close. Sat outside in the sun and enjoyed every bite. Service was good too....

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Good size portions, they use fresh veggies such as fresh mushrooms....NOT canned. I like there mush&swiss. Love their ice cream. Just wonder y I am always left with a very wet greasy wrapper. It's like u could squeeze grease from burgers... Not good!