“two great experiences, twice in two weeks”

Brisco County Wood Grill
Cuisines: Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My son was back from active duty for Christmas and on the way home from the airport, he wanted a steak. We had been to Brisco before (see my prev review), so we tried it again. It was 8:30pm on Saturday night, and it wasn't busy at all. The service was great & the food was really good. We had the New York Strip (12oz), i had the Brisket sandwich, and we got a side of onion strings. Everything was prepared wonderfully. the Guinness on tap and the chicken dumpling soup were great too. --- At the end of my son's 'vacation', he asked to go back to Brisco again! This time it was 7pm on Saturday night. The parking lot was packed, and there were plenty of people waiting for a table. We were given a 'pager' so we sat at the bar and waited (I got a Lakefront IPA... yum!) Our pager went off in about 5 minutes, well before others who were waiting before us (we did say we weren't concerned booth vs. table vs. bar pub table) but we were given a booth. This time we got the sirloin 10oz & sirloin 6oz and shrimp. The clam chowder soup was great! Even during this extremely busy time of day, everything was prepared properly and arrived in an adequate amount of time. It was noisy, but not a bunch of drunk people noisy, just a busy atmosphere. I will be going back soon!! "Good" beers were $4-$5, appz $5-$10, burgers $8-$12, entrees $14-$25. (note, the pic is the sirloin and shrimp after i already tore into it a little)

1  Thank schwantizzmo

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Date night and we decided to try Brisco County. When we drove up it looked like the restaurant would be crowded. We were pleasantly surprised when we were seated immediately. My husband had the bacon burger and I had the chicken wrap. Both were nicely done. We both liked the seasoned fries. I wouldn't recommend this for a romantic dinner as it is noisy and it had screens with sports and news running on them but the sound was down. Those are a distraction. All in all it was nice.

Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Ate supper there. Service was very good. The steaks were under cooked. One had to sent back to be cooked more. Ribs were ok, but not a lot of flavor. It's been several years since we went back there, but the birthday celebrant wanted to go there. Do yourself a favor and drive 1/4 mile to Cracker Barrel.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have never had bad service or a bad meal here. The updated decor is fun. My hubby wanted to jail me in the new jail. The outdoor seating is better than I thought considering it is right off a highway. Nice wall and such. The specials are always quite tasty! Not a quiet romantic place. Nice and loud so don't worry if you have little squackers.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

This place was highly recommended by the locals and hotel staff, but I found it average at best. Ribeye steak was one of the thinnest pieces of meat I have seen a restaurant serve, plus it was tough and overcooked. Ribs were so-so. Trying to figure out what they do well; I suppose it is their wood grilled chicken. This place won't be high on my dinner list next time I'm in Wisconsin.