“Hometown Heaven”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, Usa
“Hometown Heaven”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

A.J. O'Brady's is our favorite parents-night-out for a beverage and meal. We've NEVER been disappointed! The menu selections are vast (full of Irish flair); but the daily specials are what keeps us coming back. Pub atmosphere with dining room nooks for private conversation or small family celebrations. Enthusiastic wait staff - generous portions - even a cute kids menu! We love it here and usually run into a neighbor or two - because others love it, too.

• Visited September 2013

Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“Perch Gone Wrong”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well, I hate to go back to a favorite place and have everything go wrong. Last three times we were there the food has not been as good. We were just there for Friday Fish Fry. My mom ordered the perch and it was floppy, not brown, the batter was sliding off, and tasted like floury mush. The potato pancakes tasted like overcooked hashbrowns when they used to have herbs and flavor. The apple sauce to go with the potato pancakes tasted like something out of a jar when they used to make it fresh and lumpy yummy with cinnamon. The rest of our food was just ok. The baked fish was cooked perfectly. The beer batter fish was dry. The tomato soup had no flavor. The vegetables were overcooked. The staff tried to remedy the perch situation by making my mom a second batch of fish but it was exactly the same...floppy, pale mush. It was taken off our bill but I hesitate to bring guests again when the quality has gone down and the price is up for the fish fry. New kitchen staff in last few months or trying to do it cheap?

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Sara H
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Great View of the Falls”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Had lunch @ AJ O"Brady's today and had a great burger and fries. Our server Tyrone was awesome! Very clean restaurant and bar. Huge menu and lots of great specials.

• Visited July 2013
WI
“I'm Sorry”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

"I'm sorry.....I'm sorry about that.......Sorry.....I'm so sorry about that...etc..etc. Those are the words we heard from at least three, maybe four different waitresses during our last visit to A.J. O'Brady's. We had the Monday night special of bogo fish and chips. The meal itself was fine..no complaints. The fish was breaded in something very tasty...had a bit of a bite...very good. There were about 4-5 other tables in use in the dining room. As we were waiting for our order, it was hard NOT to hear the number of apologies made by all the different wait staff! Every table, including our own, had the server apologizing for ome mix-ups...wrong beer, wrong order, wrong this, wrong that. I started counted and it was at least 10 apologies I heard for different reasons. Yikes!!! something is not going right.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ilovethedoor
Menomonee Falls, WI
“Great food, atmosphere, service and entertainment”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went with a couple on a Friday night. The guys ordered nachos to share, it was a small helping. I ordered a chicken sandwich, delicious and my friend had fish, she said it was delicious. Musician was very good, a bit loud since we sat by the speaker. Try a martini!

• Visited June 2013