The Radisson in Menomonee Falls was, for me, a Tale of Two Hotels: One that is clean and quiet but also one with too many annoyances to qualify it for any more than three stars.
First the good:
The place is clean and comfortable. Quiet, too, for the most part. However, the HVAC system in my room was rather noisy (not that bad but still noticeable). The people are friendly, the linens fresh, and the adjoining restaurant is quite good (will try to review separately).
Now for the bad:
They're very proud of their hotel - it is rather pricey. But here are the things that REALLY annoyed me:
1) The workspace is horrible. It is a small table (workable but still small). But the worst thing is the chair. you'd think that a "nice" hotel would have a decent office chair but no such luck. The work area chair is just - A CHAIR. It's a square "hotel chair" with no casters, no adjustments and it is downright uncomfortable after about a half hour. So, for the businessman, this is the pits.
2) The bathroom has next to ZERO counter space. It has a HUGE basin (who cares?) which severely limits the amount of counter space. No shelves to be found. I actually ended up taking the hair dryer and box of Kleenex and putting them outside the bathroom on the refrigerator cabinet just to free up some space for my toiletries on the vanity.
Not only is the sink/vanity horrible, but the bathroom lighting is the pits (I don't know of ANY hotels that adequately light their rooms). But, instead of a light or lights over the vanity mirror, they have two vertical fluorescent lights IN the mirror (one on each side). It may look cool but it is totally useless. I had a very hard time seeing where my razor was going. Honestly, cool and trendy is one thing - but only if also practical.
Speaking of the refrigerator cabinet...I found on on the last night of my three-night stay that there was bottled water in it. It would have been nice if they'd have put the water somewhere where it can be SEEN. Nice touch (providing water), but don't HIDE it!
3) The shower also annoyed the heck out of me. It's plenty large - approximately 6' x 3'. But there is no door - just a large opening on the one end. It makes it hard to keep water in the shower enclosure. I got to the point where I stopped trying. The other thing that I really disliked was the shower head that comes out of the ceiling and pours straight DOWN. Maybe it is trendy and perhaps others like it. I did not. I prefer a conventional shower head that i can adjust.
4) I was unable to find a stand for my rather large suitcase. I ended up parking it on the aluminum-framed lounge chair in the room (I forget what these things are called but they're better for parking suitcases than they are for parking butts).
So, would I go back? Probably. I don't believe that there are many places to stay in the Menomonee Falls area. But I sure have trouble understanding how a place like the Radisson can have so many annoyances.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Carlson, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Radisson Hotel Menomonee Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.