“Always good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Always good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

The service and food are always good at Solea in Neenah. Someting for everyone.

Visited March 2012

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Authentic Mexican”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Good food and always friendly staff! Have enjoyed their food from the beginning at this location and seeing them expand to 3 locations in the area says a lot about them!

1 Thank Amanda_B0223
Appleton, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BestMex”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

They have the best mexican food in town,there's something for the whole family.

Applecruzer
“Great ingredients, adventurous menu--if you want it that way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

Going to Solea Cantina for tacos is like going to Tony Roma's or Ruth's Chris for hamburgers. Yes, they can do it but you're missing so much more. We went here for our birthday dinner (both our birthdays are December 6). I had had lunch at another location about a year ago and really enjoyed that. My first word of advice is don't settle for the sauce that is on the table for your chips. Ask for the "real" hot sauce and you will get one with a lot more kick--there may even be another sauce they won't serve to gringos, but I can't say.
Because this was a special dinner we ordered an appetizer, choosing the Ceviche de Camaron. Plentiful 2" long shrimp with absolutely fresh ingredients: onions tomatoes cilanto and avocado slices. This would have been enough for us to share for a light meal but we were here for a celebration so we pressed onward.
For supper itself, I've found you have to go down the menu past the tacos, fajitas and common "Mexican" fare to find anything that even nudges the kitchen to a good meal. My wife had a dinner of Spinach, cheese and onion enchilada. Three good-sized enchiladas accompanied by a large plateful of sides such as refritos, rice, sour cream, etc. She reported it was first rate--and she likes Mexican food more than I do.
For my meal, I ordered the Molcajete--a sizzling stone mortar brimming with meat and vegetables, cheese and cactus strips. It came with the usual sides and tortillas but I preferred to eat it directly from the mortar like a stew, though one had to be careful of the still hot sides of the container. It was twice as much food as I expected and every bit as good. For once, I didn't finish my meal and had extras for later.
Finally, my wife ordered flan for herself and chocolate cake for me. These were our 'free' desserts because of our birthdays. I liked what I had of the chocolate cake, though she said the chocolate was not to her taste. I didn't get so much as a sniff of the flan before it disappeared from her plate--I assume that means she liked it.
You don't need to dress up for this place but expect to wait if you get there much after 6:00 for supper.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Comfort Suites Appleton
“Best Mexican Food I can remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

My friends & family love this place. We go there once a week. Great food, atmosphere, value, and service. My Father said it was the best Mexican food he has ever tasted. If I don't eat there once a week I really miss it. Definitely our favorite place to eat and socialize with friends.

• Visited June 2011