Review Highlights
Beautiful scenery

Very accessable for people with limited mobility. Friendly and informative ranger at the entrance... read more

Reviewed today
N9702EZmichaelr
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
via mobile
Incredibly maintained Waterfall trails

This is an easy hike. The trails are so well maintained... it even provides disabled access. The... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
mreid
phx

All reviews observation tower red granite concession stand mile hike the loop concession building doughboy trail main trail fall colors insect repellent northern wisconsin great hiking beautiful trails easy hike day trip camp sites are bad river
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We camped here for a few days and managed a few hikes before the rain came. The camp sites are excellent in that they are level and large with wide entries. Trails are well maintained as well.
We were there for the beginning of Fall Color and it was beautiful.

Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

Every time that I visit northern Wisconsin, I make a point to visit Copper Falls. The Doughboy path can be challenging for older adults as there are lots of stairs, but the views are fantastic!

At the trailhead, there is a small playground and a basic but good snack bar. Lots of families with younger children were playing on the equipment and in the adjoining open field.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

The trails are well marked, and you can tell a lot of care is put into them. I saw a lot of people with the wrong footwear, for sure, as certain areas are slick and steep so you want to make sure your shoes/boots have good tread, etc.

I live in the state of WI, so I felt a little blasé about any part of the trail that wasn't near waterfalls. It is heavily wooded in many parts of the trails and the trees do keep you from viewing the water a lot (no, I'm not suggesting chopping down all the trees, I'm just saying for fellow Wisconsinites the purpose of these trails might be more about exercise than glorious views).

Also, I'm familiar with lots of trails prohibiting bicycles, ATVs and horses, but we arrived with our dog and found out most of the trails do not allow dogs on them, so someone had to stay behind with the dog for certain trails. Just keep that in mind when traveling with pets.

Reviewed August 25, 2019

This was our first trip to a waterfall so I have nothing to compare it to. So with that in mind.....The park is nice. The waterfalls and river were very scenic. Great views of the three falls from the viewing areas. While walking along the trail from each viewing area it is difficult to see the gorge or river because the trail is set back and obscured by trees, brush, etc. In the fall when the leaves have fallen the view may be more open. In the spring just after the seasonal rains there is probably more water coming down the falls which would offer a more impressive view. The climb up the observation tower was very disappointing because tree tops obscured most of the view. A great workout, but don't bother unless exercise is your goal. I am sure the view is very impressive after the leaves have fallen off the trees. Would I go there again ? I would travel to other waterfalls and scenic areas. I'll just check Copper Falls off the list. Glad we went, but probably won't return. Potato Falls was 20 minutes away and you should go there too and compare. Very remote. Lots of stairs. We only had time for the lower falls and did not go to the upper falls. We read that the lower falls were more impressive than the upper falls. And impressive it was. The water at this time was shallow and we could walk through it in some areas and walk on rocks in other areas and get right up close to the falls. Long gravel road through a corn field. Rustic, narrow, unimproved trails that we would have explored if we had the time. Free access ! If you go to Copper Falls you must go to this place too and visa-verse.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 25, 2019

Plan to spend a several hours at this beautiful and historic site in northern Wisconsin. Excellent accessibility for all. Before viewing the falls I hiked to the observation tower and the climb to the top was strenuous, but rewarding as the weather was clear and Lake Superior was visible. The falls are varied and beautiful and there are ample sites for parking and picnicking.

Date of experience: June 2019