“No Dogs”

Copper Falls State Park
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Mellen
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Day hikers with dogs who are not prepared to leave them in the car during the summer should be aware that dogs are not allowed on the primary trail.
This might be a reasonable policy, I don't know since I did not walk the trail. I do not think it should be so difficult to find this out before you get there.
Perhaps we are such a small segment of the market that no one cares about our concerns, but even in the very brief time I was there, another party's excursion was spoiled.

17  Thank Jeffrey M
"nice hike"
in 3 reviews
"day trip"

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I visited this park for one rainy and cool day in July. We were very impressed with the quality and upkeep of the trails - we went on the doughboy trail and walked to the observation tower. Neither of us are in GREAT shape but were able to get around on both trails. There are some steps and hills, but the trails are in great condition so it was easy to walk on them, even after some rain. We loved the views from the various bridges and trails - this is a very beautiful and picturesque park, even in mid-summer when the water levels are lower. I would come here again and would recommend this park to others. It was a great way to spend several hours!

2  Thank teacher314
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Loved the hike to see the waterfalls. was very quiet and clean trails and peaceful. We camped their for three nights which also was great minus the mosquitos who didn't seem to mind we had on 40+deet repellant and kept on biting. The showers were a bit of a hike up the hill from the north campground. But would go there again in a heart beat.
Very worth it

4  Thank waterlily2
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Every time I visit Copper Falls State Park it is a completely different experience! The weather, the number of people, the day of the week all make it a different day entirely. One completely unforgettable and magical day it was cloudy and threatening rain. So, it was quieter that day and cool. My son and I walked a little faster that day knowing that the rain was probably going to poor down soon. As we were under the canopy of the trees most of the time, the rain was light. When we emerged from it and were in the grassy meadow near the visitor center, there was a doe and two young fawns. The doe was eating clover and the fawns were playing and making little sounds, chasing each other in and out of the woods and back near their mother. We watched for a long time, just amazed to be so close and to observe the deer in a very relaxed state. I know that they feel safe there. It was amazing. I go back as often as I can for a new experience.

1  Thank Holly S
See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had heard how beautiful the park was and were still surprised how stunning it was. It was a warm day when we walked through the park, but most of the walk was in the shade, so it was very comfortable. The only negative in the whole day was a long wait for our ice cream cones in the concession stand, but it was worth the wait!! There were many water falls and other beautiful scenery. I couldn't quit taking pictures. We had a picnic in the park. Very nice accommodations. Can't wait to go back again.

4  Thank Lakerfantoo