“afforable, friendly, personal service, an A++++++”
Review of Mayville Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mayville
Mayville Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Mayville B&B and Inns
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“afforable, friendly, personal service, an A++++++”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I passes by the Mayville Inn on my way to Horicon, WI. it looked like a nice place. so I checked it out, it is family owned and operated, Staff very friendly, accomdating and friendly. The economy room was reasonably priced, the bed and room was very clean and neat. had a old world charm and just minutes from downtown Mayville and horicon. the rooms were beautiful, quiet, well maintained and homemade breads were served for breakfast. cannot wait to stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I came back to Mayville to further explore the Horicon Marsh over the Memorial Day Weekend. We returned to the Mayville Inn and this time we got a spacious and impeccably clean room in the back of the inn, facing west. We’d go hike in the mornings and come back in the afternoons to a room that looked like it did the night we checked in. Jim Klawitter was as welcoming as he was on our first visit and took time to refresh our memory, detailing points of interest on the marsh map. Our room looks out to a serene green field with sparse trees and birdhouses. There is a lot of lovely birdsong throughout the day and tranquil evening sunsets. This room overlooks bird feeders where you can see all sorts of birds having their meals! It’s lovely to hear Baltimore Oriole whistle before it feasts on the jelly dish or to see the American Goldfinches munching on seeds. Mayville Inn’s proximity to the marsh makes it a practical stay, and the friendly hospitality makes it feel like home. As I write this review, it’s a calm overcast morning and robins sing, sparrows and house finches chatter, mourning doves coo—another peaceful morning at the inn.

Room Tip: If you value scenery, then rooms in the back facing the field are best. It does get rather warm with...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Maria1917
Harvard, IL
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Mayville Inn over Memorial Day weekend, 2013. The main goal of our trip was to do the Marsh Tour on Horicon Marsh. What a nice surprise to find that we could make our reservations for the tour when we reserved our room at the Inn.

What impressed me the most about the Mayville Inn was the friendly, helpful service - a luxury after the impersonal and often rude treatment at most large chains.

Upon arrival, Jim Klawitter handed us a folder containing information for things to do and see, and maps of the area. Also included in the folder were two complimentary tickets for a free beverage in the Library (their bar). Neither my husband nor I drink alcohol, so we were given the option of a free soda or bottled water instead.

For an additional $5.00, we were upgraded to a room that was larger and included a wet bar along with the fridge. The room was super clean, the bathroom was spotless and there was enough hot water for both of our showers - always a nice perk! The beds were comfortable and we had a good nights sleep.

While the rooms are not "updated" like the big chain hotels, having an 19" analog TV and a standard bedspread was fine with me! Cleanliness is what impresses me - not whether or not they have a monster TV in the room - we don't spend our time in the room - we'd rather be out sightseeing!

Breakfast was a nice continental - bagels, sweet breads, cinnamon rolls, hard boiled eggs, coffee and juice; enough to start your day.

For a reasonable price, great service, and cleanliness, I would definitely recommend the Mayville Inn to anyone visiting the Horicon Marsh area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Wif52
Menomonee Falls, WI
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while visiting the Horicon Marsh.The Mayville Inn is nice, clean, and beautifully decorated. The staff which includes the original builder/owner, Jane, is friendly and accommodating. They provide a comprehensive informational packet on the area upon arrival along with a verbal overview designed towards the purpose of your visit. The continental breakfast is good (juice, coffee, bread, pastries, toast, hard boiled eggs). Jane is a wonderful hostess!! I would definitely stay here again when in the area, and would strongly recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dalaf
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We've stayed before and really enjoy staying here. It's almost like being a home, but nicer....the towels are thick and soft, the carpet is clean, the bathroom is spotless. Breakfast is a nice continental--bagels, 3 kinds of bread to toast, pound cake, breakfast pastry, hard boiled eggs--not to mention the "butler" standing at the front door with homemade chocolate chip cookies every evening. Easy to find, close to the great Horicon Marsh. The staff is friendly and helpful if you have problems, questions, etc.

Room Tip: I love the rooms away from the parking lot so you can look out toward the marsh.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank J-9inIA
North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Fall is a magical time when views from the Inn are aflame in oranges, reds, and yellows. To have breakfast by a window and spot a variety of birds at the feeder or to catch a glimpse of a red-tailed hawk gliding by is a wondrous way to start the day. We ate the complimentary continental breakfast in the Gathering Room, a community room--comfy sofas, a couple of tables by windows, a stand full of books for leisure reading and real plants, not fake dusty things. These are the small details that make this place like home.

The room we stayed in was clean and spacious. The bed was the best bed away from bed—crispy clean and offered a sound sleep. Our room faced the road and I was worried about traffic sound at night, and either I fell into a deep sleep or the traffic died down or it was good insulation, but I wasn’t awaken by the blare of a truck or the droning whisper of passing cars (and I’m a light sleeper). The other half of our party had a room away from the street which looked out over a field and fall trees, definitely quieter.

It’s nice to walk into a place and not have to check in with a disengaged desk clerk at a sterile counter who hands you a key card. Jim Klawitter was very inviting and helpful, as was the rest of the staff. Since we didn’t know the area, he took the time to give us useful suggestions for eateries, etc. Jane Klawitter welcomed our group and since we had family visiting from Central America, they were invited to place a pin on their country on a wall map. The map was dotted with pins from all over the U.S. and the world.

If you’re looking for a unique stay away from the cookie-cutter-chain-hotels and motels, this is the place and for the price—this is the place. This little gem is certainly a doorway to the great Horicon Marshes (Horicon Education Center is just 2 miles down the road), and even if you’re not there for the marshes, it’s a great place to stay and relax, and shake the city out of you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Maria1917
Greenville, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I must admit, I am a clean freak and hate staying in hotels. After reading positive reviews about this motel and seeing the inexpensive nightly rates, I made a reservation for 2 nights for my husband and myself. I was very impressed with this place...The Mayville Inn surpassed my cleanliness standards! The place was spotless; sheets and towels smelled and looked clean, and I wasn't afraid to walk on the carpeting or sit on the bedspread. The staff was happy to share the local 'must visit' sights and restaurant locations. My husband and I were pleased with everything they recommended. Sherwood Restaurant had a great breakfast and Iron Ridge Restaurant had a fantastic, fresh, reasonably priced Tuesday night buffet. Kayaking on the Horicon Marsh was breathtaking. Mayville Inn is located at the edge of town off of the main road, so we felt completely safe leaving our kayaks on the roof of the van overnight. If you would like a CLEAN place without a high price, this is the spot for you! (FYI~I don't recommend fishing on the Rock River unless you enjoy catching carp and bullhead.)

Room Tip: Our 2nd floor room overlooked a large rural area. It was very peaceful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarabirdene
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayville
The Audubon Inn
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Jackson
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Beaver Dam
Hampton Inn & Suites West Bend

Been to Mayville Inn? Share your experiences!