“Quaint Lodging and Helpful Staff”
Review of Mayville Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mayville
Mayville Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Mayville B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I must admit, I am a clean freak and hate staying in hotels. After reading positive reviews about this motel and seeing the inexpensive nightly rates, I made a reservation for 2 nights for my husband and myself. I was very impressed with this place...The Mayville Inn surpassed my cleanliness standards! The place was spotless; sheets and towels smelled and looked clean, and I wasn't afraid to walk on the carpeting or sit on the bedspread. The staff was happy to share the local 'must visit' sights and restaurant locations. My husband and I were pleased with everything they recommended. Sherwood Restaurant had a great breakfast and Iron Ridge Restaurant had a fantastic, fresh, reasonably priced Tuesday night buffet. Kayaking on the Horicon Marsh was breathtaking. Mayville Inn is located at the edge of town off of the main road, so we felt completely safe leaving our kayaks on the roof of the van overnight. If you would like a CLEAN place without a high price, this is the spot for you! (FYI~I don't recommend fishing on the Rock River unless you enjoy catching carp and bullhead.)

Room Tip: Our 2nd floor room overlooked a large rural area. It was very peaceful.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarabirdene

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Have stayed here several times in the past. Had a first floor room near the lobby which is under the stairs and a little noisy. Recommend a second floor room awy from the lobby area. Bed was fine, but the air conditioner kept cycling on and off every few minutes, sometimes waking me. TV was old style, but had a good cable selection. Continental Breakfast is good, but seemed a little downsized from the past, although I may be wrong on that. Staff are great. Thought the rate of $70 was high for the area and the quality. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gonster
Reviewed July 9, 2012

a comfortable, well appointed cross between a hotel and a bed and breakfast, and you cannot beat the rates. This was actually our second stay and I can't imagine not returning when we are visiting in Horicon.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Fippin
Reviewed December 8, 2011

We stayed at the Mayville Inn in early December, and the place was beautifully decorated for the holidays and it felt like home. We saved at least fifty dollars by staying here compared to comparable hotels in Madison or Milwaukee. What a find!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank dwight b
Reviewed October 29, 2011

On our first visit to Horicon Marsh we decided to include a boat ride with Blue Heron boat tours. While making boat reservations we asked about local places to stay. One of the recommended options was the Mayville Inn.
It is located about midway on the eastside of the marsh and only a short distance to the new educational center.
The rooms were nice, large, clean, and quiet. There is a living room for all to use, which is a nice amenity for the family owned inn. There is a continental breakfast, but all are welcome to use the microwave in the breakfast area. We brought instant oatmeal, which hit the spot. A good size refrigerator was in the room. Also a McDonalds is just a few blocks away and the small town of Mayville has other eateries. The owner went out of her way to help by recommending places to eat. In addition, she helped us plan our visit to the marsh and the best places to see birds in our limited time by outlining a map so it would be easy to follow.
Our only regret is that we could have used an extra day at the Inn to visit more of the marsh…next time we will stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank travelingon
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We've been staying here every year since 2001 for the annual Air Venture event at Oshkosh in July. I stumbled across the Mayville Inn after a disastrous stay at a chain hotel in Appleton the first year we attended the event. What a wonderful find it was! We have never met more accomodating hosts than the Klawitter family. You're greeted at the door with chocolate chip cookies (our granddaughter grabs them first on the way in the door) and a friendly smile. They not only provide a clean comfortable room at a fair price, but are quick to answer any questions you may have.

They have the "library" if you care to have a drink after your day of work/fun, and also a bird watching room adjacent to the library. The town of Mayville is also a fave of ours and my wife says it reminds her of the small town in Oklahoma where she was raised. We recommend the Back Street Cafe in Mayville for breakfast and the buffet and the Iron Ridge Restaurant in Iron Ridge (aprox. 6 mi. away) is the best meal you'll likely find next to Mom's.

We highly recommend the Mayville Inn if your travels take you to this area. We will return as long as we continue to travel to Oshkosh because it's just like coming home.....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank intrepidaviator
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We spent one night here on our way to northern Wisconsin. It is a well-maintained, reasonably-priced, family-run property on the outskirts of Mayville, Wisconsin. The building has 2 floors, but there is an elevator. We had a standard room; everything was extremely clean and in good working order. Our room had no microwave, but we did use one in the breakfast area to make popcorn during the evening. From the moment I called to make the reservation until the moment we checked-out, I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff. We certainly would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TripmomLedgewood_NJ

Been to Mayville Inn? Share your experiences!