“Relaxing small town character in charming historic setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Audubon Inn

The Audubon Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mayville
dubuque
“Relaxing small town character in charming historic setting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

Stayed mid-week for a couple of nights with my wife and two teen-aged daughters. The Inn is beautiful, wonderfully restored and has all the amenities. Had a few drinks in the lounge and the bartender was engaging and personable. Ate a gourmet meal at the Inn's restaurant, Morgan's, and was pleased with the food, service and atmosphere. Girls rode bikes around town and we visited the nearby Horicon Marsh. This is definately a great get-away from the hustle and bussel, with attentive staff, great food and comfortable rooms. We will be back soon! gh

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Madison
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

We took a junior suite. I was stunned by the colors (Purples and Greens)in the room. I beleive it was of the "Queen Anne" style. This was room "Robin 31". Also,there were nice places to lounge on each of the floors.
Pricewise- just about rite - I guess it's not easy to maintain a beautiful and historical place like this. We paid $135 (Inclusive of the $40 2-hour Birding tour). Also, the staff were very good to us.

SK.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
westbend
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2009

My first visit to the Audubon was a pleasurable experience. I was meeting some friends for a drink at the bar. The male bartender was very courteous and social. i didn't know what i wanted to drink so i asked the bartender what was good. i was immediately told of a few new cocktails and they all sounded delightful. the drink i ordered was made very quickly even though there was 5 other groups at the bar. it tasted refreshing and looked very tasty. i would recommend this restaurant to everybody.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

I was with a close friend during my stay at the Audubon Inn, It was WONDERFUL! The Audubon Inn is a quiet B&B type Hotel with a gourmet restaurant, terrific rooms, and best of all a Staff that made our stay a true pleasure! We have been talking about this gem to our friends, and we can't wait to go back!
I hope this helps you decide.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Port Orange FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

In my business I travel quite a lot, it seems I am on the road more than at home. I recently heard good things about the Audubon Inn in Mayville Wisconsin. I had business
outside Milwaukee so I thought I would give it a try. Well let me tell you I felt as if I was royalty. I had a very comfortable, spacious room, the restaurant was busy and the food was wonderful. The Staff at the Audubon Inn was attentive without "over serving". I belive
the credit should go to whom ever trained them. The Inn was busy but there attention to service was wonderful. I wish I could have stayed longer (three nights), next time I will bring my wife as the Audubon Inn would be a great place to re-kindle some romance.
The Inn has it all, Great Rooms, a Fine Restaurant, a Pub, but most of all a Wonderful
Staff that makes your stay a Home Away From Home.

Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at the inn for the past few nights and my only negatives are (1) the front desk isn't open 24 hours, although there is always someone available--I can understand this, but I'd prefer a staffed desk; (2) for the location, the price was a bit high--but they negotiated a bit; (3) the female bartender seemed a bit "fake" in her attitude--maybe that's just me.

I had a regular room on the second floor, it was pleasant and clean. It's decor wasn't modern, but it had internet access and everything else I've come to need.

The food in the restaurant was fantastic--definitely a step above what else is available around Mayville.

The manager and front desk clerk even helped me out with some paperwork for my presentation--what I had brought had some water spilled on it on the way in and they were able to retype and print it for me in time for my appointment with John Deere.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

I have been staying at this lovely old inn/hotel as a guest for nearly 20 years but my weekend here from Friday 8th until Monday 11th May was far from the same under the new owners. Getting served with food on arrival on Friday evening was a rush as there was "an issue in the kitchen" which turned out to be they wanted to go home asap.
Upon checking in I was asked to pay the cost of the 3 days which had already been paid.
The young lady on reception was new and knew nothing whatsoever about matters.
Saturday morning i received a number of telephone calls all of which did not reach me because staff could not be bothered to look where I was in the lobby.
Breakfast on each day was poor almost miniscual described as continental but was poor in content.
The room was excellent as always from previous in terms of size but was not made up on the Sunday also no food available or drinks on Sunday evenings.
Had to ask for shampoo and extra towels on the Saturday evening as well.
I was very disappointed as this is one of or was one of my favourites.
Sorry Audubon people you will have to try a lot harder for this world traveller.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayville
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Waupun
Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Beaver Dam
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Hartford
Hampton Inn & Suites West Bend
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fond du Lac

Been to The Audubon Inn? Share your experiences!