Review of Marsibilio's Trattoria - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in this town for directions and decided to grab some lunch. Marsibilios happened to be the only place open so we stopped on in for a drink and lunch. Glad we did.

I ordered the smoked duck which was absolutely amazing! Fresh mashed potatoes with fresh vegetable corn medley... My boyfriend ordered a tastey artichoke and spinach gnocchi dish which was a hit as well.

To start.. We were brought fresh warm bread accompanied with a baked dish of goat cheese in olive oil infused with fresh cooked garlic and herbs..... BEST ever! I am not much of a bread person but I could sit and eat this all day.

We sincerely enjoyed our visit and will stop by on our next visit to Wisconsin.

We live in FT Lauderdale FL and can say this restaurant is on the top of our list for all time favorites.

The town was very quaint and the ambiance while eating was perfect. The service was both timely and friendly with a smile. Thank you for a great experience. We will be back.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

So, not only does tiny Mayville have NOLA, but they also have one of the BEST Italian restaurants you'll ever try! They make all their own pasta and bread, and it is TO DIE for! The House Red comes from the region of Italy that the Chef's family is originally from, and it was delicious. From the tomato bread appetizer, to the salads and the entrees, every single bite we took was amazing! The best part is that most of the ingredients are local and taste so fresh. The owners are delightful and the service is outstanding. The prices were extremely affordable. Mayville is sure a lucky town!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My goodness! What a find. Trip Advisor, you have not done me wrong. We were on route to Horicon to perform for an event. My son happened to be visiting, and since his birthday was the next day, we wanted to treat him to a nice meal. We decided to shoot for something in the vicinity, and since we hadn't been to the Mayville/ Horicon area for a while, I consulted Trip Advisor for ideas. Marsibilio's had really good reviews, so we decided to stop there.

Could not have been more delighted. First of all, the outside looked inviting - then a step inside and one is transported to feeling as though we stepped into a local Italian pub, with the old world feel. It's warm & inviting, tastefully decorated - just charming.

We were genuinely surprised that 70+ craft beers are available - and not the run of the mill, but different, out of the ordinary brewers.. loved that.. and many local to Wisconsin. We started with the fried olives and we thought we had died and gone to heaven. Holy cow!!! What a burst of flavor. I could devour many of them! We all loved them. Then we proceeded with hearty sandwhiches, my son having a chicken parmessan, my husband a philly steak with Italian flare and taste and I had the mushroom melt pannini.

We simply loved this place - it is not too far away from our home which is happy news for us, because we intend to make it a regular. Even if it was further away, it's worth the trip and on top of it, you can make a day of it, visiting the area and then eating at Marsibilio's Thank you Michelle & Kevin... I'm really glad we found this place!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

An intimate setting, with a creative menu, this was just five miles from our B&B. The food was very good and the staff personable. It's the sort of restaurant you might not expect to find in a small town, but well worth the visit.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant ten times in the last several months. Husband and wife owner team are sociable as well as cooking up scrumptious food! Bar selection of wine, beer, and other liquors is great - I mean great. Custom fresh made Italian coffees and cappuccinos. Yum! Save room for the tiramisu! Recommend the gnocchi and sausage. Pizzas. Try their seasonal specials - always tasty.