“Not a bad price for a holiday weekend”

Alaskan Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Mauston
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Not a bad price for a holiday weekend”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

$39 for a room, I was glad to get a room.

This place isn't the Hilton, so $39 is about right for this place. I've stayed here before, didn't know it was an "America's Best Value Inn." I came in the back way and didn't see the sign, not sure how long they've been with this chain. I know it as the "Alaskan Inn."

Room was clean, warm and quiet. Food (and drinks) in the same parking lot and across the street.

They do use a real key so remember to return it and remember to lock the door behind out, they do not auto lock. I'll let the pictures tell the rest

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dallas, TX
Reviewed September 25, 2010

My husband and I reserved this room online for two days to attend a family memorial. Reservation said clean room, continetal breakfest and free paper while there.
Room was not very clean. Found a pair of mens shorts in dresser drawer. Took them to the manager. Got a sorry about that when I told him that was very uncool to find. No maid service. Office was closed in the mornings so no paper, or breakfast.
A letter was sent to the home office. No reply.
We tried three best value inns on our trip. We will not use this chain ever again. Only one was in fairly good shape. Ft Atkinson WI

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lessa37

Travelers are raving about these Mauston hotels

Tennessee
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Shame on me for not turning around after opening the door to our room. Dirty, cramped, dated, burn holes in carpet, smelly, etc, etc. There is no way that anyone from America's Best Value Inns EVER visited this pit before lending their name to it. Just finished an e-mail to their corporate offices and hope to hear something other than the usual "each property is individually owned and operated" jibberish. Hey!!!! It's YOUR brand name that this lousy place is using!!!!!! Save your trip and just keep moving past this place.......sure wish I had.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank downtheroad735
sheboygan
Reviewed February 27, 2010

After driving 300 miles in one day we needed to stop. We choose Mauston as our stopping spot, never have been to this town before. We ate at Romans Castle, worse food we ever had and stopping at a tavern for a beer in which we stuck out like a sore thumb. So when we looked at places to stay, looking for a reasonable price and something that was not completely discusting we picked this hotel. The guy said $59.99 for a king size suite with a jacuzzi, we said "what the heck!" The check in part is a bit dinggy so we expected the room to be the same.
We were proven wrong. The room was HUGE, the furniture that was in the room was pretty neat, and the jacuzzi was really a jacuzzi-not a bathtub one person jacuzzi.
We kept saying, "Wow!"
There was little noise that kept us up. We woke up to a few beeping horns from the gas station across the street. We felt safe enough to sleep under the sheet and the bathroom was very clean.
We read previous reviews and wonder if maybe there has been a new owner since because we were really happy with the price and appearance of the room.
Only thing that was scary was there was no peep hole or no second lock on the door so we moved the sofa next to the door for piece of mind.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessey H
MN
Reviewed May 28, 2008

When we entered our room it smelled like urine & cigarettes only 1 lamp worked, The shower looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while, the comforters & sheets looked dirty. The first morning we were awaken at 10 am by housekeeping trying to get into our room without even knocking but the chain was locked so they went away & we still had the room for another night & it happened the next morning as well at 8am & check out wasn't even until 11am. The carpet is really dirty, had to clean something up & a bunch of dirt came up with it, more then should have.I have two small children & it was not clean enough for them to be in there. Service was terrible, they didn't give us clean towels while we were away or even make the beds like they're suppose to. I used to work @ a motel, i know how it works. I don't reccommend anyone staying there.

• Liked — The price was nice but not for what we got
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank mzubke
Mauston
Reviewed November 16, 2007

On November 3,2007 I had my sister come up to Mauston to visit my parents and myself, I had stayed in the hotel approximately 5 years ago and it was a nice place. When she went into the first room they were assigned, it had cobwebs, rocks under the bed and bugs galore. When she went to tell the person at the desk, she was given another room. At first it seemed ok. At 1AM she called my house after being in the room for less than 2 hours and told me that her and her boyfriend were not alone in the room. I told her to hang up and dial 911. She told me that it wasn't anything like that. I asked her what she meant and she told me that she turned on the lights and roaches ran everywhere. She immediately bagged up their clothes so she would not bring any to my home or hers. She would not come to my house due to it being so early in the morning and my parents, both ill, were sleeping. When she brought this up, and a bag full of roaches, to the counter person, she was told that the manager wouldn't be in until Monday. The customer service was less than acceptable, and I am hoping that we were not charged for the up keep and care of the roaches, becuase a few of them met their makers. This hotel has come down drastically since the last time I stayed there. I will not suggest anyone to stay there again. If you don't have bugs and don't want bugs, don't stay at this hotel.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING Especially the ROACHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
6 Thank bugless
Oxford, NY
Reviewed August 2, 2006

We booked through Americas best value motels. When we arrived late and our reserved room was unavailable so we had to upgrade for an additional price eventhough the motel was half full. Internet use in office registration area. Truck driver before us had the same result and left for another motel. We wouldn't stay there again, i'll sleep in my car first.

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank rhk55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mauston
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 4 in Mauston
Best Western Park Oasis Inn
AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Lisbon
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#6 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells
Super 8 Mauston
Super 8 Mauston
#2 of 4 in Mauston

Been to Alaskan Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!