“Never Had Worse”

Roman Castle Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Mauston
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
sheboygan
“Never Had Worse”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2010

$30 bill for ravioli that wouldve tasted better if Chef Boy-r-dee made it. And a pizza that wouldve tasted better if it was made by tombstone. I cant even describe how disappointed and discusted we were with eating here. Stay away!!!!

Crystal Lake, IL
“Uneven food, a little dingy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Stopped here to fill my craving for Pizza on my way down I-90. Didn't feel like the standard Pizza Hut (which is basically across the street), so we decided to give Roman Castle a try. It was pretty quiet when we walked in. It seemed a little dated, but my wife was grossed out by the floors. They seemed a little slimy.

My wife ordered the lasagna, which clearly stated that it contained Ricotta Cheese in the menu. When it came out from the kitchen, it contained Cottage Cheese, instead. My wife really hates Cottage Cheese, but decided to just eat it rather than sending back when the manager offered. After a couple more bites though, she realized it was cold in the center and back it went.

The pizza was tasty and filled my craving. However, I ordered it with Prosciutto and when it arrived, no meat was anywhere on the pizza. My daughter's BBQ Ribs were tasty, and the dinner bread was a highlight.

If I lived in the area, I would probably order the pizza again for takeout or delivery, but I don't think we'll be returning to this restaurant when we're passing through.