“Very good service and food”

Roman Castle Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Mauston
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Madison, Wisconsin
“Very good service and food”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

We went to this restaurant for lunch and ordered a medium-size veggie pizza for the main course and fried eggplant as an appetizer (me and my friends are all vegetarians). The food was great. It wasn't expensive either, the bill came to $8 per person for a full meal.

The service too was great. Our waitress was very welcoming and friendly. The ambience of the place is good too. Glad tripadvisor suggested this place, else we would have had to eat a chain restaurant like subway or culvers in a small town like Mauston.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sumeet K

Lake Villa, Illinois
“Don't pass Culvers for this!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Wanted to find a new spot for lunch on our drives north. The signs were a bit confusing. One said Roman Castle and another said Italian Grill=all the same. Waitress was friendly. Soup had to be returned to heat but was forgotten. French dip sandwich was đry and tasteless. My chicken sandwich bun was so hard it was inedible. I thought I'd just eat the chicken. I had to get some silverware from next table since we didn't have any. I did mention the bun was too hard to eat and when asked by the owner how everything was, I said barely passable. He didn't even seem to care why I wasn't pleased. We now understand the crowd at Culvers down the street.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Connie L
Roman C, Manager at Roman Castle Restaurant, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
We are very surprised and disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations. IIt is always our goal that every customer leaves satisfied and eager to return. Our rolls are baked fresh daily and are quite famous in our town. All of our food is prepared to order and our Italian beef is slow roasted starting at 6 am. As a manager I would never dismiss a complaint. It is very rare that I do receive a complaint, so the few times it may happen, I take it very seriously and try my best to rectify the situation. Customer satisfaction is our our top priority. Please contact the restaurant directly, I hope to gain you as a customer and that you will give us another try!
Duluth, mn
“Road Trip Stop #1”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We stopped for lunch here and the prices were great! There servings were huge and the food was pretty good! We are taking leftovers for later.

2 Thank Ssde_dancer01
Thank you for your review!! We are glad you enjoyed our restaurant and hope we will see you again on your way back from your road trip!
Pecatonica, Illinois
“well seasoned food”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stopped here with with my family of six. We decided that the Wisconsin Dells charges too much for food we don't care for. The short drive to Mauston was worth the drive for supper. I first noticed a trip advisor award sticker in the entry window. I thought...o.k. let's see if it still deserving. I was very happy with the service. The specials were tempting so I ordered the salmon special. It was excellent! I tasted the kids food and realized that the restaurant seasons and flavors what could be a plain order.

The prices saved us at least 30% to 40% of what we would have paid in the Dells. Plus the portions were very generous. I would recommend the short drive up here for better and less expensive food. As well as friendly and fast service. A very nice small town.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank biknrun
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you and your family enjoyed our establishment! We are happy that you took the short drive from the dells to dine with us! We hope to see you again soon! I hope you a had a great vacation!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food....Great Staff and Value”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My parents live in Mauston and I have eaten here several times (before and after renovation) the food is excellent ( I highly recommend the Steak Siciliano) and there is even a dinner buffet for those with a bigger appetite. The buffet had breaded walleye, pizza, ribs, baked potatoes, breaded shrimp and everything was very good. The Steak Siciliano was delicious, made with an oil based sauce and done perfectly. They even have outdoor seating. For those who think that their prices are high, I strongly suggest that you come into the real world and take a look at other restaurants.....you will be put into reality very quick. The prices here are VERY reasonable, especially for the quality and quantity of the food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chuck S
Thank you for your detailed and great review! We are happy to know that you were satisfied and you enjoyed your meal! We do strive to for both quality and quantity, we appreciate that you noticed that too! We hope to see you again soon!