“Excellent place to stay”
Review of Super 8 Mauston

Super 8 Mauston
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Mauston
Reviewed August 3, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
GM02959, Owner at Super 8 Mauston, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Mauston

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were recently passing through with our family with no plans to stay overnight but we saw the Super 8 just off the highway, called for rates (which were a little better than others) and decided to stay and do some local things. Staff was very friendly throughout our stay. Breakfast area was nice with lots of choices, everything was stocked well too. Rooms weren't the most up to date but it all was very clean! Pool area was very nice too. It was about a half hour away from Wisconsin Dells so we were able to go there for a day and not have to deal with the people or the prices to stay down there!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BarbGoBears

We thank you for the kid words about our hotel. Many travelers find this a convenient, less expensive alternative for lodging when they are visiting the WI Dells. We hope you can visit again sometime!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We live in Milwaukee but our father recently passed away and he lived in Adams. We needed to rent two rooms and I called Super 8 directly to book them for Sunday July 27th. I asked if one had a Jacuzzi as I have a spinal deformity. Spending a night laying completely flat in a bed means I just wake up with my back completely stiff, sore and hard to move. At home I have a sleep number bed - with the remote adjustable foot and head - I can adjust it to where it is a miracle for reducing my back pain. This is why I have problems traveling - every place has of coarse, the standard flat mattress. So when traveling I try to soak in a hot tub upon awakening as it takes about an hour before my back medication kicks in so I can function. The "ritual" sucks, but it beats major surgery.

As I as was talking to the man at Super 8, he mentioned there was a deluxe Jacuzzi suite available with two rooms and it was less than the two separate rooms which had no Jacuzzi. I asked him specifics about the room, especially if the two rooms had a door, etc... and was told yes.

I was supposed to be emailed the itinerary, but I did not receive it so I had to call them again and they confirmed it was OK and verified my email. Despite calling a second time they still did not email me the itinerary! However with them confirming it, I figured it was OK.

After a 3-1/2 hour drive we got there, checked in, went to the room to find out it was wrong - yes there was two rooms - but only one had a bed - the other was just a sofa / office. I went back to the front desk and their only solution was to downgrade us from the deluxe Jacuzzi suite to two plain rooms - but at a much higher cost for them had I called Super 8 directly or book through their website. I was told later that Super 8 inflates room rates if you are physically there to book them.

Since the front counter was no help, I called the Super 8 customer service number just to find they must switch to a foreign call center with it being Sunday. The lady I got spoke such poor English I could not understand her. She kept telling me she could not find me in their computer and that I had no reservation, yet could not explain how we could have checked in and been in the room. After having to ask her many times to repeat words she was still indistinguishable. I asked her many, many times to let me speak with someone who can speak English, but she absolutely would not. I then asked her several times to speak with a manager and she also refused to do that too. I could get no where as she spoke so poorly and refused to get someone else on the phone who was competent. After a while unable to understand her, all she did was transferred me to a number that rang, had a recorded message saying someone will help me shortly - but no one ever answered!

I had no choice then but to hang up and call back. This time I got someone who spoke great English but she could not access my account either as it turned out when I went back to the counter and informed them the room was wrong, the hotel desk had cancelling the reservation and the way Super 8's computers are set up is then they can only look it up later with the itinerary number - however they despite my calling them twice I never received an email. They said it is set up they need the itinerary number and they can not look it up by my name!!

She was very apologetic, unlike the lady from their foreign call center, and said only the main / corporate customer service can correct this and transferred me to what I believe was the same number the first lady did as I got the message, was put on hold by a computer then no one ever answers.

So here I was, hundreds of miles from my house, stuck in the Mauston Super 8 parking lot with my family in heavy rain on a Sunday night, no place to sleep or shower and tomorrow we have our father's Funeral.

Being already in mourning for my recently deceased father, and depressed at the horrible service Super 8 has, I was unsure what to do when my uncle recommended I call AAA. So I called AAA and they contacted the Best Western in Mauston, explained our situation and they rented our family a beautiful log cabin style / fireplace /Jacuzzi suite with a bed and extra sleeper sofa for less than Super 8 was to charge for the original room (they had described wrong to me as having two rooms / beds).

Out of all this I realized what a terrible and insensitive company Super 8 is. Their customer service is completely incompetent and systematically failed at all levels. Super 8 should be ashamed what they put our family through, but I am guessing this is nothing new and standard in how they operate their business.

Ironically, I am typing this review about them as I lay here in the beautiful suite their competitor's business helped us get!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Allan K

We appreciate your feedback and sincerely apologize for the difficulties you had while in the Mauston area. It is unfortunate that the agent at the 800# who you made your reservations with was not accurate in their description of the room you reserved and we are working on making that information more easily communicated. While this person was not our direct employee, please be assured that we have been in communication with the franchise customer service department and are working diligently to make sure that your concerns are addressed.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

By far, the nicest Super 8 we have stayed in. The staff did a great job, it was a busy few days in Mauston and they met the challenge! The breakfast area was replenished constantly, housekeeping was attentive, front desk very knowledgeable.

Room Tip: Convenient, excellent staff!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We were up this weekend for a big fastpitch softball tournament. We called a couple months ahead to reserve a block of rooms. The staff was very friendly and accommodating through that process. Check-in was very easy. Kind of pricy, but that is because you are 20 minutes from the Dells. Staff were very friendly. They were completely booked on Saturday night and called around to other hotels to find openings for a couple people that walked in without a reservation. Rooms were comfortable and clean...although I did hear someone got stuck in their bathroom because the door handle fell off. They have a nice lawn area in the back of the hotel that has a grill. Pool area was small but the kids still enjoyed it. Free breakfast had waffles, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, toast, cinnamon rolls, coffee and juice. Close to many restaurants.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel makes it a good choice. There is plenty of parking for semi trucks, with a good Chinese buffet restaurant in the parking lot. There's also a BP convenience store in the same lot as the hotel, with a Pilot truck stop just across the service road. Our room was clean, with a large assortment of pillows (6 in a king room). There's no elevator, so be prepared to trudge up some steps.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mauston
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 4 in Mauston
Best Western Park Oasis Inn
AmericInn Hotel & Suites New Lisbon
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Su...
#5 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
Ramada Wisconsin Dells
#24 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells
Baymont Inn & Suites Wisconsin Dells
Baymont Inn & Suites Wisconsin D...
#29 of 75 in Wisconsin Dells

Been to Super 8 Mauston? Share your experiences!