“Great place, great value!”
Review of Park Motel

Park Motel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Marshfield
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I needed a place to stay while visiting family, as my relatives do not have a lot of extra room. I thought it would be nice to find a nice local motel. I have stayed in other motels in the area, and can say that by far the Park Motel is the cleanest, roomiest, nicest, and friendly motel in town! As soon as I checked in I was happy as the family that owns the hotel are super nice, courteous, and helpful. The rooms are very clean, SPACIOUS and have very good amenities. My room has a comfortable bed, loveseat, and coffee table too, so I had a nice little area to relax and study (I am a distance learning student at UW Superior). There is a mini fridge and microwave in every room, a nice sitting bench to either sit or put your things on that is by the hangers, hairdryer, extra blankets AND pillows,( which at most places you have to ask for) and a good heating/cooling system in the room. Coffee is made fresh in the office every morning. The gentleman that cleans the rooms is SO nice and helpful and as I was here a week, he asked me every time if I needed anything, always smiled and said hello to me and to my son and DIL when they came by, and shoveled out a path to my car after it snowed, and kindly brought me anything I needed with a smile on his face. I have never been so happy with a motel experience as I have been staying here and I would highly recommend the Park Motel to anyone staying in the Marshfield area. They have very good nightly and weekly rates, and the rooms are a very good value for the price. Great service, great people! The motel also borders Wildwood Park, and Zoo and is in a very peaceful area. It is on Central Ave, and it is just a short ride down this same street to the grocery, restaurants, fast food, Walmart, Target and many other places. I would definitely stay here again and plan to in the future.

Room Tip: I saw two rooms, the first had shower only and I asked to switch because I do not have a tub at home...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda S

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I needed a place for a couple hours and the Park Motel was quiet and clean. I had spent a long day at Marshfield Hospital and really needed a quiet, convenient place. The price was affordable and the owner was very nice. I would recommend them for the location and comfort.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian R
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This was my first stay and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The staff is very friendly and helpful and even went out of there way to personally assist me. The rooms are quiet, cozy, comfortable and most of all clean. I have had no issues and would definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank George W
Reviewed June 6, 2013

It is a very nice, clean, and quite cozy hotel. The room is comfortable, and there is an excellant atmosphere. The service was excellant. The place is great for friends and family to stay for a short while.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank James G
Reviewed May 2, 2013

When we got there no one was there to check us in so we waited around. After we got in our room we could instantly smell something bad. It was hard to sleep in the stench. Could not get out of there fast enough in the morning. The room smelled of mold and the carpeting was wet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Patty C
Reviewed July 1, 2010

This was my second time staying here over the past five years. This hotel is very old on the inside - pink tiles, almost antique looking (from the 60's I am guessing) fans and lights - but I have to admit it is a clean hotel. Let's just call it clean retro! The bed slept comfortably, the ac worked just fine all night long, and the guests staying there were quiet and did not bother me. For under $40 a night (INCLUDING TAX), this was a good price for a clean room. Only issue is that the wallpaper in the room needs to be repaired or removed all together. There was not any wifi service in my room, either.

If you are not picky about a room being updated, but want a basic clean place to crash for the night - this is the place to do it. I have stayed here passing through Marshfield before, and would do it again.

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business