“Good hotel, some problems”

Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Marshfield
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Good hotel, some problems”
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stayed at this hotel because of a doctor's visit early the next morning.

When we arrived, we waited 15 mins for someone to come to the front desk. It wouldn't have been a big deal, if there was a sign saying they'd be back soon, but there wasn't. I even called the front desk from my cellphone so maybe someone would hear it and come up front. It just rang & rang & rang & rang. When she finally came, she reached for the phone first and didn't say anything to me. I told her that it was me & then she apologized and said she was cleaning something. Ok, I can understand that. But then she didn't tell us anything: where the pool was, about the restaurant, checkout time. She did tell us how to get to our room though.

The room was good. Spacious & decorated very nice. Nice LCD Flat pannel HDTV (but didn't have HD TV channels). The problem I had with the room was the heater. I was not connected to a thermometer. It just had hot/cool & low/medium/high settings. So it either ran all night long & got too hot, or we turned it off & get got cold.

I know that I sound like I'm complaining a lot, but I will stay at this hotel again. The front desk mishap is hopefully a fluke & the rest is nitpicking.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Luchina_156
wbarnett, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Thank you very much for sharing this information. Sometimes we are not aware that things like this are taking place unless someone makes us aware of it. We have spoken with the associate working the evening you came in as well as the rest of our staff; discussing the importance of customer service with our guests. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact the Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Rantoul, Illinois
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Our family enjoied every aspect of the hotel stay, the pool was great for our children very family friendly and clean! The reasturant had great food along with great customer service, they made us feel right at home, the rooms were very clean and spacious. This was the best stay in a hotel that we have ever had and cant wait to come back again soon.

6 Thank ashleeawilliams26
WI
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stayed here because my so had an appt. at the hospital. The room was very clean! Probably one of the cleanest we've stayed in! We were very tired as we had gotten in late--check-in was quick and easy! The blankets to the sofa bed were packed neatly in the closet and were very clean and smelled very fresh--this was something I really appreciated. We have used many sofa bed's in hotels because we have children and most of the time the blankets and sheets are stuffed in the bed and we're not sure they are clean--so this was a very nice surprise! The bed was very comfortable!! If we return to Marshfield in the future I would definitely stay here! There is no free breakfast but the Pic n' Save is across the street so we just grabbed a few things! Very convenient!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank guamkeith
wbarnett, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, September 8, 2010
Thank you for comments. The staff will very happy to know that they met your expectations.

I hope all went well with your appointment at the hospital. I wish you and your family a wonderful Autumn and look forward to you all visiting again.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Oh what fun to find your self shopping at Wal-Mart late at night for an inflatable air mattress because Holiday Inn overbooked and gave away our 2nd room. Despite confirmed reservations and advance notice of our arrival time we, like others, found ourselves with no room. All the other hotels in the city were completely booked because of a local convention and the nearest available hotel was 42 miles away. And since city fire ordinances don't allow folding beds or cots to crowd the room we were forced to buy air mattresses and sleep on the floors. No compensation was made by management. Nor did they repair the inoperable room safe despite several requests. Nor did they completely clean the rooms each day. Worst hotel experience in over 2 decades.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank skimor
wbarnett, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
It is unfortunate that we did not have a chance to discuss this matter before you left. I sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

On very rare occasion there is an instance where we will end up with more rooms booked than hotel space. This regrettably is something that happens in the industry. When this happens however we do try to get our guests into another hotel and we pick up the tab.

I am not sure how you had your room set up during your stay but when there is a stay-over our housekeeping staff is not allowed to touch your personal belongings. This at times would leave an impression that the room was not completely cleaned. Again, I am not sure how you had things in your room.

I am truly sorry for the issue you had with the safe in your room. I did not have record of this issue.

If you feel so inclined please feel free to contact myself or our General Manager to further discuss your experience.

Thank you for your comments!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Holiday Inn in Marshfield was great. It was clean, modern, looked to be newly renovated. The front desk people were helpful and courteous especially Aly. I had not stayed in a Holiday inn for years but would absolutely stay again in a minute.

The only negative was the complementary computer that they had for printing boarding passes was soooo slow.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
6 Thank Juli F
wbarnett, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, August 6, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will pass this on to our staff; they will be happy to know that they met all of your expectations.

After reading your posting and speaking with other guests in the hotel; we realized that there was an issue with our guest computer. We did get this fixed and things are running much faster on the computer now. Boarding passes should no longer take such a long time.

Thank you for making us aware. We look forward to you visiting again soon!!
Willmar, Minnesota
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We have family in marshfield and visit a few times a year and have stayed at this hotel a couple of times. Everytime before there were minor details that were lacking at the hotel, but for the most part enjoyed it because of the kiddie pool that the kids could play in and location. However this last trip was horrible!!! When reserving we were told the last room avaliable was the King suite with a sofa bed and whirlpool in the bathroom. When we arrived, we found there was not a sofa bed at all....just a kind size bed! When we called down to the front desk i was told that "all suites have a sofa bed" including ours. When i told her there wasn't in our room she argued with me!!! Finally i asked to atleast be brought a fold-away bed for the kids to sleep on. It took a while to get it, and when we got it we were told they were going to charge us extra!!!! We refused to pay!
To top it off, the bathrooms' ceiling is caving in above the tub, and there are folding doors that open to the whole room from the bathroom which have a two inch gap all the way around. So if you like showering and using the toliet in front of your whole family, this room is for you!!
Will never again stay at this hotel or recommend it to anyone. We will be telling family to stay away. To make the matters worse they acted like they didn't care! We were in town for a close family members funeral and didn't have the time to complain more or else we would have.

3 Thank CindyPohl
wbarnett, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
Cindy,

It is unfortunate that we did not have a chance to talk. I understand how hectic things are during difficult times, and would like to express my condolences.

Obviously the front desk associate was incorrect and should never have questioned if there was a sofa bed in your room if in fact you were telling her otherwise. She has been with us a short time and is still learning the rooms. She also knows that typically we have a charge for roll-away beds; I am happy to see that you were not charged.

When you made your reservation with our 800 number, central reservations was mistaken in telling you that there was a sofa bed in your room. They do deal with many hotels though; I guess they are unable to remember the rooms in each one. We were full the night you arrived (you had reserved our last room); otherwise we would have happily moved you to another room. Regrettably this was not the case.

I did personally go up to check the ceiling over the tub. Yes there is a bubble in the finish that seems to have gotten moisture in it; thankfully there wasn't a worry about it caving in. Thank you for pointing this out, we will get that fixed immediately. The folding doors however, are there for guests who use the whirlpool tub and would like to watch TV while relaxing. The gap is there so the doors are able to open. Typically not a room that I would recommend for a traveling family, but it works wonderful for couples and single travelers.

I apologize that you felt that your trip was horrible. Thank you for your comments and once again I give you my condolences. I know how very difficult it is to lose close family members.
Marshfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Hi Aly:
You have been such a help through this entire process. If there is any way that you can forward this to your manager, please do. They need to know we had a responsible staff from Holiday Inn to secure our accommodations and we will know we can trust the services at the Holiday Inn in Marshfield, WI.
I am looking to book a couple of events in October and will definitely consider you for this occasion.

Blessings,

Connie Mullins
801 W 11th street
Marshfield, WI 54449

6 Thank NowISee_10
wbarnett, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, July 19, 2010
Connie,

Thank you for your posting! We are happy that Aly was able to help you with everything. We will pass your comments on to the staff. They will be happy to hear how much easier they made things in such a difficult time for you.

If you need any further assistance please contact your Holiday Inn family here in Marshfield.

Wendy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshfield
Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection
#4 of 8 in Marshfield
Hillcrest Motel Marshfield
Hillcrest Motel Marshfield
#8 of 8 in Marshfield

Been to Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield? Share your experiences!