“Revolting food”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Marshfield
Madison, WI
“Revolting food”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was here several times for Knitting Camp and the food provided by the hotel is disgusting. The workout room is measly with 1 elliptical, 1 bike and 2 treadmills, all older. Housekeeping seems adequate & staff is friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JenSalB
MarshfieldHolidayInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. It is wonderful that the knitters convention has continued to stay with us over the many years. We are forever greatful for the opportunity to serve you. We have taken your remarks about the food to the food and beverage manager. When serving a group like the knitters, it is difficult to please each person. The group orders the food and then we try to appeal to the individuals dietary needs. Although we did receive many great comments on the food, we do take your comments seriously and will do our best to improve on them. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact the general manager of the hotel at your convinence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've been to this hotel at least 7 times. This year there is a new bell staff. They are much improved over last year's. Helpful, friendly, and polite. Rooms are clean double sheets, comfortable.

My only gripes are that the fridge was too cold (kept freezing my milk) and the grout in the handicapped shower needs updating. Not even worth downgrading for (I should have bugged the desk about the fridge settings).

There was an 8 yr old brat in the unlife-guarded pool with no adult in sight (turns out she was outdoors). Only my friend and I were there. The kid at the desk was the only one on, so I went back, found the mother had moved back indoors, and I laid it on thick, that *I* had to watch her kid, because *she* was off somewhere, against all rules and common courtesy, and DANGER to HER KID. She apologized. I wish hotels could deny rooms to idiots. (poor kid was a brat, and starved for attention. He drove me nuts. I was at that hotel as a break from my own! I was nicer to him than his parents were.)

Avoid the hotel restaurant. Room service is ok...but make sure you specify everything...tea doesn't seem to come with cream and sugar!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
As a repeat guest of ours, we want to say thank you. It means a lot to the individuals at this hotel to hear the good things of someones visit. As the front office manager, it warms my heart to know you saw a difference in the staff from last year. If, on your next visit, if you do experience a problem, feel free to ask the front desk for assistance. I have passed your feedback to the proper supervisors because it's important to us that we grow as a staff, hotel, and a overall business. Can't wait to see you again!
Monroe, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here due to a family Wedding. It is beautiful! They were able to provide us with an early check in so we could rest from our long drive and get ready for the wedding. The rooms are wonderful. We stayed in the Jacuzzi Suite and loved it! You will enjoy your stay here and the fun places the small town has to offer!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MarshfieldHolidayInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to let us know about your recent stay. We are over the moon that you had such a great experience at our hotel. We love to serve our guests as best as possible and we are glad you were able to get into your room early! I know the staff loves to hear about these great reviews. We sure hope that if you are in our city again, you will come back and visit us. Thank you for such kind words!
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The hotel decor and facilities were very nice and clean. The Gondolier Restaurant was sadly understaffed at 9AM on a Saturday. The place seats 35 but with only 2 visible staff members, it was a 45 minute wait from the coffee being served to the actual meal. Sunday was not much better. There was a buffet so they added a staff member to make the omelets but if you wanted anything from kitchen it was again a long wait. The waitress really tried to make up for the Eggs Benedict which when served was made with 2 triangles of tough ham, not Canadian Bacon and the eggs were over cooked and fried, not poached. So stay at the hotel but check on staffing before making reservations/plans for the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MarshfieldHolidayInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I want to start by thanking you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay! Along with your review, we are able to learn, grow, and expand on the level of service we expect from this property. We are thankful for the compliment of the hotel decor and facility being clean. We do the very best job we possible can to ensure safe, sanitary, and healthy accomendations to all of our guests. I do apologize for the service you received in the restaurant. We are taking the steps necessary in order to ensure this doesn't become an issue for our future guests. Hopefully on your next visit to us, you'll give the restaurant one more chance to show the improvements we are currently working on.
Dallas
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have not stayed in a Holiday Inn for many years after a terrible experience in one long ago, so I was nervous when we booked a stay here for a business trip. What a pleasant surprise! The lobby was fresh and bright and the desk clerk gave exceptional service up to and including suggesting ways to save money on booking the next trip there!

The room was nicer than expected with the nice touch of "labeled" pillows for soft and firm. It's a great extra touch I appreciated because my sleep quality depends on my pillow. Further, the furnishings and bathroom all were current and new, nothing shabby. Comparing this to a MUCH more expensive Marriott I stayed in the prior week, I was most impressed, especially for the price.

The breakfast was good and the restaurant seems fine overall. Really loved the brew pub next door and the location is in a charming area of downtown worth exploring. Also pretty convenient to St. Joseph's and other hospital and health care options. Will definitely stay there again when returning to Marshfield. For the price, it was excellent.

Room Tip: Higher floor = better view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank volvogirl2003
MarshfieldHolidayInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We are so happy to hear that you have returned to the brand Holiday Inn! We are greatful for the time you took to let us know about the service you were provided. It seems you got the full experience of the hotel by visiting our dining option! What a great stay you had with us and hopefully will return when you find yourself back into the area!
Necedah, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Let me begin this review by saying I did not actually stay the night her but my experience leads me to highly recommend this hotel to anyonem My husband and I, along with our two small children (ages 3 and 4 months) had car trouble in the area. We live about an hour away and couldn't get immediate help so we walked across the street to this Holiday Inn. The first thing I noticed was the kindness of the cleaning service. We hunkered down in the lobby area while The front desk attendent, Cody, was extremely nice. He even offered us pieces of his pizza he had delivered for his dinner. Super sweet and unexpected in this day and age of so-so service at most hotel chains.
I highly recommend this hotel purely based on the excellent service.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Emilie G
We want to take the time to really thank you for your opinion and the time you took to write about us. We were very greatful that you walked threw our doors and that we were able to assist you in your time of need. We try very hard to provide the best customer service we can possible give, even to non guests. It doesn't matter to us if you are staying here, just visiting, or are stopping in to "honker down" in the lobby in time of need. We hope we get to see you again, but in a non emergancy situation!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel has good rooms. It has restaurant attached to it where you can have breakfast. Unfortunately, the internet sucks. The rooms are nice and well maintained. The staff is always helpful. The place is really nice. It got really good restaurants and bars nearby. Overall, good hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MarshfieldHolidayInn, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are glad you had the opportunity to use the restaurante that is attached to our hotel. We are fortunate with the local that we have such amazing business around us that our guests get to frequent as well. We acknowledge that at times, the use of internet can be slow. We want to ensure you that we are currently working on the issue you've brought to our attention. The Holiday Inn does want to apologize for any inconvinence this may have caused you while you stayed with us. We are currently working on fixing this issue. We always have the option of a land line hard wire connection that would have made your connection more secure.

Robert McGregor
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshfield
Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection
#4 of 8 in Marshfield
Park Motel
Park Motel
#8 of 8 in Marshfield

Been to Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield? Share your experiences!