“Lady at the front desk was VERY rude!”

Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Marshfield
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel its self was nice. The lady that checked us in was very rude. Gave us no information about the hotel. She checked us in and walked away while I was asking her a question. She never once looked up to even acknowledge my boyfriend or myself. She was working the night of 3/11/2013. I do not know her name but wow I hve never had worse customer service. I was planning on staying another night but because she was so rude we decided to take our business elsewhere. What put the nail in the coffin was when my boyfriend was coming in she told him he smelled because he had been outside smoke. I was shocked and acutally called and complained! When you are in customer service you should do whatever you can to make the customer feel like they want your business. Well I will never recommend this hotel to anyone and anytime someone asks how my stay was I will let them know that the hotel was nice but the customer service was HORRIBLE! The lady that worked the monring of 3/12/13 was very nice and helpful though!

Room Tip: If you minus the front staff this place isnt so bad!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Tauna S,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have stayed here a couple times for business in the past year. It's really the only chain hotel in the area so my options are limited. Pros: Hotel is nice and clean. Rooms are clean and beds area comfy. Pillow options are nice. Lounge drink prices are very resonable. Staff are all very pleasent to deal with. Cons: Rooms are $119 a night which I think is kind of expensive for the area. I would think $89 would be a more fitting rate. Water in shower is only luke warm. I'm not the first reviewer to mention this. Towels are starting to look like old rags. Time to invest in some new towels. Restaurant attached to the hotel is mediocre. Definetly not authentic italian food. They need to step up the quality of food for what they serve and the prices they charge. Overall it is the best option in the area. I just hope they fix the hot water issue before I have to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on Floor 2 or higher. First floor hallway on the way to the lounge is very noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
MarshfieldHolidayInn, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

DaisyK74,

It was so lovely to have you with us again. Your comments are always helpful! We are so happy that you notice the clean and comfy rooms and beds. Our staff does strive to be pleasant and accommodating.
We are currently replacing all of our towels because we did notice how they were fraying as well. After reading your comments, we did discover that there was a valve that was not working on one of our water heaters. We are fixing the issue so our guests do not have to experience this inconvenience in the future.
We are sorry to hear that you feel our restaurant was sub-par. We are always open to suggestions from our guests as to what they would like to see changed about our menu and restaurant. If you would like to discuss this further please contact the hotel directly so we may take your thoughts into account on the next revision of our menu.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times for business. This was by far my worst of those experiences. I found a used contact lens container on my bathroom floor to start off. Everytime I ran water it smelled like chlorine - makes awful coffee and tea with chlorine water!. Since I was there on business and had an early meeting I called earlier the night prior to get room service breakfast delivered. The male who answered took the order and assured me it would be at the door at 6:30am the next morning. No breakfast arrived. I was there until 7. Yikes! I hope next time I have to stay in town things are better. The beds are very comfortable and the pillow options are great. My refrigerator was very loud too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Calejo7

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are so happy to see that you are a return guest and would like to express our sincere apologies for the experience that you had on your last stay. We obviously fell short of putting our best foot forward with this visit and this typically is not the case. We do strive for excellence and advanced customer service; we look forward to demonstrating this for you on your next visit. As always, we will be using your comments to better train our current and future staff members.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is by far and away the best hotel in Marshfield. We often stay here when we are in town. The rooms are clean, bright and quiet. The beds are comfortable and come with a variety of pillows for the discerning sleeper. We have a child who sleeps on the floor, and we don't get any push back when we ask for extras - extra blankets and bedding. Other hotels in town have a 'tired' feel to them, but the Holiday Inn is doing a good job of keeping the facilities looking fresh. Each room comes with a microwave and small fridge, so it does have some nice conveniences. There is also free wi-fi with good coverage.

In the adjacent restaurant, we found that kids under 12 eat free (for breakfast) with a paying adult (ask when booking) so that helps save a few dollars. As far as other amenities, there is nice work-out room complete with TV, 2 treadmills, stationary bike, and an elliptical trainer. The swimming pool has an area for young children, a water slide (check for hours) and hot tub. The only downside of the pool is that it is rather dark.

We will continue to stay here and recommend it for families or for business travel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WindyPass
MarshfieldHolidayInn, Human Resources at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your opinion of our faciltiy. We enjoy having you and making your stay as relaxing and comfortable as possible. We are glad that you enjoy our restaurant. Kids 12 and under eat free for every meal, so be sure to try it for lunch and dinner as well! We hope to see you back again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Was in Marshfield for work so per previous reviews decided to stay here. When I arrived at 10:30 pm, the woman at the front desk took over 15 mins to check me in. I asked if reward number was on my reservation, she advised no. So I asked to have it added, never got done. Overall the property is clean, beds are comfotable. The problems lie in the details. There is a public computer in the lobby that they call their business center. Tried to print boarding pass and due to the connection speed took close to 15 mins. You would think at a property that labels itself a conference center they would have a designated room with excellent network speed. The major issue was the fact that 2 of the 4 mornings I did not have hot water. I called the first morning and was told that they would look into it. No calls or follow up. Then on my last morning still no hot water...I was less than pleased. I called the front desk and again was told it would be looked into. Finally I met withvthe manager, after 9am. Because do not expect a manager to be there before then. She finally apoligized and said she was just told this morning. Not the previous day. She asked what she could do. I am the customer, she should just take ownership and somehow compensate for my hassle. But no. She did change my rate to what it should have been if the check person would havevknown what to do in the first place. Travelling every week, staying at hotels each week, I have learned Holiday Inns are at the bottom of the rung of hotels. But since it was my only option.....

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Jlee73
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Jlee73,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you have noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced due to the lack of hot water during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stay here multiple times every month for the past 6-7 months. Nice hotel and the best one in Marshfield I've stayed at. I am very disappointed that they continue to reduce minor amenities, but these are things that save me hassle and were a nice benefit to staying at Holiday Inn.

About 2-3 months ago, they stopped putting the small conditioner bottles in the rooms. They still have them, but you have to ASK. It's inevitable that I forget (since most hotels include it and this hotel used to) and have to go back down to the front desk to ask. I know this is little, but it's convenient and since I travel a lot, I don't have to carry it with me and worry about bottle breakage.

Priority rewards members used to always receive a bottle of water on checkin. I was there last week and this is no longer given to priority rewards members. I asked b/c I thought they just forgot. They explained that they give us "more coupons for drinks in the attached restaurant," which I responded that was untrue b/c those are the same coupons I've received the last 8 months. They were nice and allowed me to have a bottle from the cooler; however, it doesn't justify or make up for the fact that another item is being "cost reduced" but travelers are not being charged any less for staying there.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel and the staff is friendly and helfpul. They provide good service and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I will likely continue to stay here, but disappointed of the changes that I really appreciated in the past.

Room Tip: Have automatic starter on your car and park in the front? Ask for a room on the front side so you ca...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
MarshfieldHolidayInn, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for your review and comments on your stay with us. Your comments help make us a better hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay. We do have water available for our Priority Club members in our cooler for your enjoyment. We are always open to suggestions from our guests on what Priority Club extras we should offer. We also enjoy hearing suggestions for amenities that our guests would prefer. Obviously we are unable to give each individual guest what they would prefer but we do try our best to accommodate our guests. For your convenience, we could have conditioner available for you at check in, just let the person know that takes your reservation. If you have any other suggestions to help make your future experiences more enjoyable, we would be happy to speak with you. Again, thank you for your comments. We love to hear from our loyal guests, and want to improve our guests’ experience when they stay.

Rachel

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Location is a good one at Marshfield downtown area. The staff was attentive and helping. The room was clean and quiet. One drawback is that they do not offer courtesy breakfast, a point that for me can turn a hotel stay into an utterly pleasant experience, even if I have to pay an extra fee for it. Overall, it is a good place to stay, though it could eventually become an awesome one.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jorge B
Sara H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thanks for you nice comments about the staff, they are much appreciated. Can I suggest maybe next time inquiring about our Best for Breakfast rate which offers breakfast for two in the restaurant which is covered in the cost of the room. We look forward to seeing you again and hope to make your next stay even better.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshfield
Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection
#4 of 8 in Marshfield
Hillcrest Motel Marshfield
Hillcrest Motel Marshfield
#7 of 8 in Marshfield

Been to Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield? Share your experiences!