Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Marshfield
Roberts, Wisconsin
“Average”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times for business. This was by far my worst of those experiences. I found a used contact lens container on my bathroom floor to start off. Everytime I ran water it smelled like chlorine - makes awful coffee and tea with chlorine water!. Since I was there on business and had an early meeting I called earlier the night prior to get room service breakfast delivered. The male who answered took the order and assured me it would be at the door at 6:30am the next morning. No breakfast arrived. I was there until 7. Yikes! I hope next time I have to stay in town things are better. The beds are very comfortable and the pillow options are great. My refrigerator was very loud too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarshfieldHolidayInn, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Calejo7

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are so happy to see that you are a return guest and would like to express our sincere apologies for the experience that you had on your last stay. We obviously fell short of putting our best foot forward with this visit and this typically is not the case. We do strive for excellence and advanced customer service; we look forward to demonstrating this for you on your next visit. As always, we will be using your comments to better train our current and future staff members.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is by far and away the best hotel in Marshfield. We often stay here when we are in town. The rooms are clean, bright and quiet. The beds are comfortable and come with a variety of pillows for the discerning sleeper. We have a child who sleeps on the floor, and we don't get any push back when we ask for extras - extra blankets and bedding. Other hotels in town have a 'tired' feel to them, but the Holiday Inn is doing a good job of keeping the facilities looking fresh. Each room comes with a microwave and small fridge, so it does have some nice conveniences. There is also free wi-fi with good coverage.

In the adjacent restaurant, we found that kids under 12 eat free (for breakfast) with a paying adult (ask when booking) so that helps save a few dollars. As far as other amenities, there is nice work-out room complete with TV, 2 treadmills, stationary bike, and an elliptical trainer. The swimming pool has an area for young children, a water slide (check for hours) and hot tub. The only downside of the pool is that it is rather dark.

We will continue to stay here and recommend it for families or for business travel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank WindyPass
MarshfieldHolidayInn, Human Resources at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review! We appreciate your opinion of our faciltiy. We enjoy having you and making your stay as relaxing and comfortable as possible. We are glad that you enjoy our restaurant. Kids 12 and under eat free for every meal, so be sure to try it for lunch and dinner as well! We hope to see you back again soon. Thank you!
Atlanta
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Was in Marshfield for work so per previous reviews decided to stay here. When I arrived at 10:30 pm, the woman at the front desk took over 15 mins to check me in. I asked if reward number was on my reservation, she advised no. So I asked to have it added, never got done. Overall the property is clean, beds are comfotable. The problems lie in the details. There is a public computer in the lobby that they call their business center. Tried to print boarding pass and due to the connection speed took close to 15 mins. You would think at a property that labels itself a conference center they would have a designated room with excellent network speed. The major issue was the fact that 2 of the 4 mornings I did not have hot water. I called the first morning and was told that they would look into it. No calls or follow up. Then on my last morning still no hot water...I was less than pleased. I called the front desk and again was told it would be looked into. Finally I met withvthe manager, after 9am. Because do not expect a manager to be there before then. She finally apoligized and said she was just told this morning. Not the previous day. She asked what she could do. I am the customer, she should just take ownership and somehow compensate for my hassle. But no. She did change my rate to what it should have been if the check person would havevknown what to do in the first place. Travelling every week, staying at hotels each week, I have learned Holiday Inns are at the bottom of the rung of hotels. But since it was my only option.....

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Jlee73
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Jlee73,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you have noticed the cleanliness of our hotel. Most importantly, I would like to apologize for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced due to the lack of hot water during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Iowa
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stay here multiple times every month for the past 6-7 months. Nice hotel and the best one in Marshfield I've stayed at. I am very disappointed that they continue to reduce minor amenities, but these are things that save me hassle and were a nice benefit to staying at Holiday Inn.

About 2-3 months ago, they stopped putting the small conditioner bottles in the rooms. They still have them, but you have to ASK. It's inevitable that I forget (since most hotels include it and this hotel used to) and have to go back down to the front desk to ask. I know this is little, but it's convenient and since I travel a lot, I don't have to carry it with me and worry about bottle breakage.

Priority rewards members used to always receive a bottle of water on checkin. I was there last week and this is no longer given to priority rewards members. I asked b/c I thought they just forgot. They explained that they give us "more coupons for drinks in the attached restaurant," which I responded that was untrue b/c those are the same coupons I've received the last 8 months. They were nice and allowed me to have a bottle from the cooler; however, it doesn't justify or make up for the fact that another item is being "cost reduced" but travelers are not being charged any less for staying there.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel and the staff is friendly and helfpul. They provide good service and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I will likely continue to stay here, but disappointed of the changes that I really appreciated in the past.

Room Tip: Have automatic starter on your car and park in the front? Ask for a room on the front side so you ca...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarshfieldHolidayInn, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your review and comments on your stay with us. Your comments help make us a better hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay. We do have water available for our Priority Club members in our cooler for your enjoyment. We are always open to suggestions from our guests on what Priority Club extras we should offer. We also enjoy hearing suggestions for amenities that our guests would prefer. Obviously we are unable to give each individual guest what they would prefer but we do try our best to accommodate our guests. For your convenience, we could have conditioner available for you at check in, just let the person know that takes your reservation. If you have any other suggestions to help make your future experiences more enjoyable, we would be happy to speak with you. Again, thank you for your comments. We love to hear from our loyal guests, and want to improve our guests’ experience when they stay.

Rachel
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Location is a good one at Marshfield downtown area. The staff was attentive and helping. The room was clean and quiet. One drawback is that they do not offer courtesy breakfast, a point that for me can turn a hotel stay into an utterly pleasant experience, even if I have to pay an extra fee for it. Overall, it is a good place to stay, though it could eventually become an awesome one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jorge B
Sara H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thanks for you nice comments about the staff, they are much appreciated. Can I suggest maybe next time inquiring about our Best for Breakfast rate which offers breakfast for two in the restaurant which is covered in the cost of the room. We look forward to seeing you again and hope to make your next stay even better.
Minocqua, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Room was clean and quiet. Staff pleasant. Pool and hot tub relaxing but not open when I wanted it - Late night and early morning. Exercise room is a couple of treadmills and elliptical. No free weights. Towels available. Meeting rooms were COLD - I'm 6'3" and 240 lb from northern Minnesota and rarely concerned about cold intolerance but still wore a coat during presentations. Women suffered. Internet speed rarely better than 512kb anywhere in hotel and commonly slowed to nearly nothing. Presenters dependent on internet for video or animated slides were ineffective. Please don't bill yourself as a conference center unless you've got reliable internet access at reasonable speed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sara H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We truely apologize that you had to experience the cold day in our conference center. Right away in the morning we realized that a belt had broken on the unit on our roof. Our maintenance team got up there as fast as they could and replaced the belt right away. However that was one of the coldest days we have had yet this season and it just did not warm up fast enough to make everyone comfortable. Once again, we apologize!

We have checked into the internet speed and connection issues and are currently addressing them. It seems that our access points need to be replaced and we have ordered them to help with this situation.

Thank you so much for your comments, they help bring things to our attention and aid us in making the Holiday Inn Marshfield better for our guests.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

As a business traveler, this hotel had a lot for me to like. While there was no continental breakfast, there was a restaurant on site which had a nice looking menu, although I have yet to try it. I really appreciated the bar area with refrigerator and microwave. There is a grocery store across the street and I appreciated being able to load up on healthy snacks. The bar was just inside my door and made for a convenient place to get organized, much like my dining room table at home. I also appreciated the good sized table for work. The closet was spacious and well designed with an in room safe.

The fitness room had a couple of treadmills and an elliptical trainer, along with some free weights and a Swiss ball. They also let you use the Snap fitness facility across the street at no extra charge.

The hotel had a very new and clean feel. I like the white Holiday Inn bedding and appreciated the variety of hard and soft pillows. The heater in the room was also very nice and effective. The fan ran at the same speed constantly and the heating element turned on and off based on temperature. This stopped the loud starts that sometimes wake or startle me in other rooms. The hotel was very quiet during my stay.

The employees were very professional, helpful, and unusually attractive, which never hurts.

Across the street is a nice brewpub with solid food, in my limited experience. There was also a more upscale restaurant located above the brewpub that had an impressive menu, although I have not eaten there yet.

While there are hotels in bigger cities that I really enjoy, this is one of my favorite small town hotels. I'll certainly be back.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DJAfterbar
Sara H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
A little tip, our food tastes just as good as our menu looks! And yes, our guests do tend to like the added bonus of our free Snap Fitness membership, it gets them out and does have more to offer. Thank you for the nice words, they are always nice to hear and this small town hotel looks forward to seeing you in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshfield
Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection
#4 of 8 in Marshfield
Hillcrest Motel Marshfield
Hillcrest Motel Marshfield
#8 of 8 in Marshfield

Been to Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield? Share your experiences!