“Been here twice and will stay again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield

Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Marshfield
Daleville, Virginia
“Been here twice and will stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotels location is pretty convenient to most of Marshfield, And with clean rooms and very friendly staff each time I have been there I will gladly stay here again if I'm back in town. It also doesn't hurt to have two nice places to eat within walking distance. The closest is the Gondolier which shares the parking lot with the hotel. The place I recommend most is accross the street named the Blue Heron. That place is a pretty cool brew pup with a veriety of house made beers and fabulous food; not to mention an awesome atmosphere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Dan m
, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dan M,

Thank you so much for your comments and your return visits to our hotel!

Being so close to the downtown area is very convenient for our guests. We have shops, a theater, grocery store and places to eat all within walking distance. The Gondolier is actually attached to the hotel and has Italian and American Cuisine. It is a great place to relax and eat with the family. You are correct; the Blue Heron Brew Pub does have food, a variety of house made beers and an atmosphere that is very unique to Marshfield.

We look forward to your return visits. Thank you and have a great summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Rooms were clean, pool was great for kids. I did not have ANY hot water in my room 2 of the 5 days I stayed. Their excuse was that they were full those 2 days. Isn't the idea of a business is to be able to accommodate everyone when you're busy. Very disappointing to get up at 6 AM and have no hot water. I'm not the type to ask for a discount on fhe room because they didn't give me a good experience. Holiday inn just wont get any more of my business.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank marshfieldstay
, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I want to apologize for your experience. I am not sure who you spoke with about the hot water issue but the "excuse" they gave you was incorrect. Also, you should have received a discount; it would be wonderful if you would contact the hotel so we are able to give you the discount you deserve.

I understand how disappointing and upsetting it is to expect a nice hot shower to start your day off, only to discover that your water is ice cold. The issue that you were unfortunate enough to experience was terrible. We had 75% of our hot water heaters fail on the same day. We had our maintenance crew and plumbers in here working around the clock to fix the situation. It did take a few days, as we did have to replace the water heaters. We did take the time to try to warn our guests in the hotel but I understand that our guests have lives as well and it is difficult to inform everyone. The guests that we were unable to contact should have received a letter under their door trying to warn them of the situation.

As people were informed; some understandably chose to go to different hotels. However, most of our guests chose to stay and try to take showers at different times of the day. We had our laundry department work different hours so our guests had as much hot water as we could supply.

I am truly sorry that you had this experience and that we were not able to discuss this with you during your stay. Unfortunately this situation was out of our control. We obviously missed informing one of our guests and I understand that no apology will correct that. I do hope that you be able to give us a chance to rectify this. We value our guests and would like to have the chance to regain your business and your trust. Please call the hotel so we are able to discuss this further.
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I were on our way home after looping Lake Michigan and ended up here for the night. It was a great location with clean, modern, bright rooms. It was a wonderful place to stop.

The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was spotless. If ever I in the area I will stay here again.

Another PLUS is that it next to a brewpub that had very good food and beer.

5 Thank ajayhawkfan
, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
We are pleased that you had a chance to stop here in Marshfield after your trip to Lake Michigan. That must have been a beautiful trip for you and your wife.

Our downtown location does make us pretty easy to find and it is nice that most things are within walking distance. We enjoy hearing about your experience and look forward to you stopping in to visit again in the future. Thank you for your comments.

Wendy
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here when in town for a wedding. Hotel was new, clean, and modern. It is also in a great location. We ended up in a room with 2 beds and they were kind of small. Other than that, we had no complaints.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank K P
wbarnett, Manager at Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
KP,

I am happy to see that you were satisfied with your stay. You are correct, our hotel is rather new; we are enjoying our 7th year of service for our guests. I am sorry to see that you felt our queen beds were kind of small. May I suggest, when you stay with us again, to reserve a room with a king bed? I think the king bed would be more comfortable for you and should not seem small. Thank you for your comments!
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

The entire stay was great. The room was very clean and well maintained. The hotel was fully booked during our stay yet it was very quiet at night and during the day. The staff was great and when we asked for an extension on our check out they said no problem. The pool area is fantastic with an area for toddlers, a water slide, hot tub, and a regular pool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Jarod D
Jarod,

I am happy to hear that we were able to extend your stay while you were here. I know sometimes it is difficult to do when we are busy like that. Many families love the pool area because there seems to be something for everyone to enjoy. I know the 3 story waterslide is a favorite for many kids……and those that are kids at heart! (hopefully you had a chance to enjoy it as well) :) We look forward to seeing you again and thank you for sharing your comments with us!
Lakeland, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed in a suite. The suite was very nice, although the hot tub connected directly to the bat;hroom and was available to the living room by a door. No privacy in the bathroom if someone was using the toilet. The room was roomy and comfortable. and we enjoyed our stay.

6 Thank GJM43241
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We do have a couple different suites here at the hotel and everyone has their own thoughts on which one is the best. The suite you stayed in is typically preferred by couples staying with us. They seem to enjoy a nice relaxing soak in the tub while being able to watch television. We do have other suite’s here that have the whirlpool tub in the room rather than the bathroom. This eliminates that door that you are talking about and gives you the privacy that you desire. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to finding the perfect room for you on your next stay!
Green Bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while visiting the Marshfield Clinic. It was a last minute stay as we were asked to stay overnight in the area for additional medical tests. I booked the room on my IPad while at the clinic and it went as smoothly as it could. An hour later we checked in and everything was set. The front desk staff were very helpful and pleasant. Our room was perfect. Very clean, which is the most important thing for a hotel. We did use the pool and hot tub. The pool area is very nice with a kiddie area and slide. In my opinion the pool water was a little cold but each has their own feeling on that. We did not get a chance to use the restaurant that is on the property. Overall I would definetly stay here again if I was in the area.

6 Thank Michael M
Michael,

I hope all is well with you and your wife. It is great to hear you had such a wonderful experience during your stay with us. I know it is very nice to relax in our hot tub after a long day and I am sorry to hear that the pool temperature was not to your liking! You are right though; everyone has their own idea of a comfortable pool temperature. Thank you for sharing your comments with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshfield
Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection
#4 of 8 in Marshfield
Hillcrest Motel Marshfield
Hillcrest Motel Marshfield
#8 of 8 in Marshfield

Been to Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield? Share your experiences!