“Marshfield's newest hit!”

Ranked #3 of 69 Restaurants in Marshfield
Cuisines: American
“Marshfield's newest hit!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

A group of eight ladies chose the Lumberyard for the first time and were very pleased! Here's my list:

Compliments: Excellent service i.e. Fun, easy going wait staff - Incredible and unique appetizers (pretzel sticks, and jalapeno square cheese curds, bruschetta) - Great location (right on the main drag) and open atmosphere (floor to ceiling windows) - Reasonably priced

Complaints: No "specialty" drinks and the cosmos were made poorly

Bottom line: The entrees were average, but the appetizers kicked it up a notch and are worth the stop. It's a great place to chill out after work with apps and beer, but skip ordering a martini.

• Visited July 2014

“Wings.. just no”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The blue cheese was decent, the wings, don't waste anyone's time with the dried up wings please. KFC's wings fresh are better than yours any day of the week. Plus, that's not a Philly sandwhich.. that's just a roast sandwhich.. those slices of meat are WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY too thick.. but hey... you could make some gravy.. and mashed potatoes to go with the meat.. and that would work out for me, the meat was decent, but all I kept hearing from two tables was so salty so salty.. I agree.. either you lacked salt, or there was TOO much. No.. just no.

Visited July 2014
Adam J, Owner at Lumberyard Bar and Grill, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Christina, I am very sorry that you have a poor dining experience at Lumberyard. I have addressed your complaints and am confident that you will love the new way we do our wings! They are fresh, large and juicy and I think you will like them better than KFC's wings. I've also addressed the beef thickness of our Philly Beef Sandwich. We hand slice our beef and I've instructed my chefs to slice as thinly as possible for the Philly since I agree that thin slices make for a better sandwich. Thank you for your comments and I really hope you give us another try.
Easton, Maryland
“A good sports bar”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

On a Sunday night, your options are limited. This place was just fine! We had a great time. Good beer and a sports bar type menu that everyone could find something on. Better inside than it looks like outside. Good service.

Visited July 2014
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Lumber?”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

One good note, the beer's cold! But the food leaves a lot to be desired. I've had burgers at McDonalds that has more hamburger than the couple I've had here and other stuff on the menu was too pricy to gamble. Of the three times I've been here, this seems to be the place for after work gathering so it was loud and crowded. The crowd seemed to be taking up space with drinks but no food. Maybe that will tell you something. On the other hand, the beers cold!

• Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Good dining experience with great wait staff”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had a great dinner experience here the other night with some very helpful wait staff that were also very friendly. The decor in the room was also neat with the whole logging/lumberjack theme.

• Visited June 2014