“Best kept secret in Marshfield? Heck, in probably a 4 state region!”

Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Marshfield
Traverse City, Michigan
“Best kept secret in Marshfield? Heck, in probably a 4 state region!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I recently stayed here to complete some contracting work on the hotel. I am in hotels 100 nights per year. Let me just say this....... WOW! What a property! Over $10 million in recent renovations. I have never been to central Wisconsin and I figured prior to arrival, just another property to do work on. Boy was I wrong. Super friendly staff and immaculate lobby, dining and meeting areas. The rooms were very Hyatt or Marriott upper end hotelish. I thought to myself, What is this place doing in the middle of nowhere? It is a high 3 or maybe 4 diamond AAA type property. Not sure why they did not enclose the pool, being in Wisconsin, but everything else is 1st CLASS! Keurig coffee makers in the rooms! I spoke with an elderly couple staying there for the 1st time and they were ecstatic about the property. They had a pet and the hotel is pet friendly. The man said.... this is the best kept secret in Marshfield. I thought, heck, it's the best kept secret for several hours around. Nothing but good things to say about the property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Rich M
Cory L, General Manager at Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Rich,

A review from a road warrior like you is truly an honor! We know you have lots of choices and have had many experiences, so to know that we impressed you gives us a collective smile. Thank you so much for the kind words, we look forward to seeing you as our guest again soon.
Safe travels...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Wadena
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

By far the best amenity was the heated pool, jacuzzi, and sauna in the courtyard. The boys (and I) loved spending time there during our October visit. In fact, the only thing that chased the boys out on Saturday was the hailstorm! The decor and amenities in the room were very nice, be warned though, if you are trying to fit four people in a room with two beds, it does get a bit squashy as you are trying to moving around. The breakfast buffet was nice as a hotel complimentary breakfast (we originally thought it was a restaurant breakfast buffet). We were slightly put off by the separate seating for the hotel guests enjoying the complimentary buffet.

We would definitely stay here again -- we hope the next time we will be able to enjoy the fire pit!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gillette K,

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed the courtyard, even with the hailstorm. The fire pit warms you up quickly, so I hope you get a chance to enjoy that next time around. As for the breakfast, hotel guests can enjoy that meal anywhere they like ~ in the dining room, the Marshfield room, in the alcoves, by the fire place, in your guest room or in the courtyard. So, I'm reviewing with our breakfast team to determine why you would be assigned a particular area. So many choices, we don't want you to have to be forced into any one!

Thank you for the review, we appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Oconomowoc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed here the first week in Sept which I believe was shortly after their opening. It was nice but just ordinary! Our second stay was end of October and there have been so many improvements. I love the complimentary full breakfast - saved us so much time trying to find a place to eat before heading out to get home! The sinks are very weird - no counter space and very hard to wipe out. The beds were very comfortable and having the Keurig brewer in the room with choices for brewing was just like home! I have to say, though, that the carpeting in the hallways has an unpleasant optical illusion! Pretty, but don't stare at it for long! Everyone was very friendly, the food was very good and the bar was great! I was planning on staying at the Holiday Inn this time, but they wouldn't guarantee my room for early arrival (with a wedding at 2, we needed to have a place to change when we got there). I canceled the Holiday Inn reservation and came here again. If we have to come up to Marshfield again, we will definitely be back! Very, Very pretty place!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Kathleen R
Kathleen,

Thank you for posting your review. We've heard some of the carpet patterns provide an interesting illusion! I am thrilled to hear you had a great stay and noticed the improvements we've made in the first couple of months. The team has logged lots of hard work, and hearing from guests like you make it all worth it.
Lakeland, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel is spacious, clean and new. The eating area blends right in with the large lobby. Beautiful outdoor swimming pool... but it was a litle too chilly outside to use it (though the water was warm). Our room was very roomy and quite lovely. The staff was as friendly and helpful as I can remember at any hotel. We had only one drawback. We stayed in a room right next to the outside back exit. Many patrons go out there to smoke, and at 11 PM we could not get to sleep because of their noise. The staff quickly put a sign up that there were smoking areas at other parts of the hotel entrances and to have consideration of the guests. Otherwise, very pleasant stay. Oh and the breakfast was wonderful.. homemake potatoes.

Room Tip: Don't take a suite right by an outside door.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cory L, General Manager at Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
GJM43241,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and being so understanding with the location of your suite. We have taken steps to try to alleviate that issue going forward! And, happy to hear you loved the breakfast potatoes ~ they are a staff favorite too!

We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future,
yours in hospitality...
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

It is difficult to believe this is central Wisconsin and not in a "big" city. An older property has been modernized, and had I not known it was an older property, I would have thought it brand new. I can not think of anything I didn't like or would change, which is rare.

Check in was friendly and efficient and the room was outstanding. I appreciate the little touches like a separate recycling container and a well stocked honor bar. Another nice feature was the TV cable system that had an actual guide so you know what channels you are selecting. There is a good selection of HD channels as well.

The grounds are perfect and the interior courtyard is unique and special. Whether it is to sit around the fire pit or relax in the hot tub, everyone must spend some time in the courtyard.

The restaurant had a very good breakfast. Food was hot, full of taste and the service was well above average.

This is by far the best hotel in Marshfield. I know I'll be staying again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BuckyBadger123
BuckyBadger123,

Thank you so much for the review! We are thrilled to hear about your stay...AND happy to hear you noticed the little "extras" we added. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

From the time I pulled up to the property I felt welcome. Entering the hotel I was greeted by a friendly welcoming smile. I was taken back by how beautiful the hotel was. Checking in was a breeze and as I walked to my room I. Was so impressed with the attention to detail that was paid in the renovation. Once arriving to my room I was not disappointed. The room was clean, up to date and had a lot of extras that would normally only be found in a standard hotel. Hotel Marshfield is definitely NOT your standard hotel. There was a refrigerator, Kuerig coffee brewer with many choices of coffee and teas. There was a couch to relax will watching the flat screen TV and a honor bar with many choices and the prices were very reasonable. The work station had plugs for all of your devices. After settling in I went to explore the property. The bar was comfortable with fast and friendly service. Right outside of the bar were booths that all had TV's on the walls and plugs if you needed to do some work with privacy. The pool had a fountain, an outdoor fireplace and a sauna with two jacuzzi's. The outdoor space had comfortable seating. The restaurant had many choices with not the standard high prices of hotels. The portions were large and the flavor was exceptional!!! The bed was very comfortable and the shower was amazing. The breakfast buffet was nice as well. I can not wait to go back and enjoy all the hotel has to offer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cory L, General Manager at Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Lisa,
Thank you so much for the great review! I am so happy to hear that your experience was a positive one and that our staff provided a comfortable stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.
Marshfield, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I ordered an Italian chopped salad with chicken (cost extra) for lunch. My plate arrived with no chicken, no dressing, and cucumbers that appeared to have been frozen. After ordering a Chicken Caesar Salad to replace it, the chicken was tough and hard to cut in the tippy bowl in which it is served. Our group also ordered the deep-fried avocado slices to share--breading is very greasy and there was no seasoning. The accompanying dip was flavorless. Then the bill arrived: not only was my meal not comp'ed, but there was still the charge for the first salad's chicken that never arrived in the first place. My friend reported that her Friday night fish fry had a thick, greasy breading. Atmosphere: hotel guests must haul their luggage (and families) through the restaurant to get to their rooms. They must come through again in swimsuits to get to and from the outdoor pool. I'm here for an event, but I would not come here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Scrapper 2013,

Please accept our sincere apologies for your experience in our dining room. We take pride in our food, atmosphere and service, and unfortunately this time we did not meet your - or our own - expectations.

As for the movement through our facility, there are 5 different ways to access our guest rooms and the outdoor pool that do not include going through the restaurant. I've reviewed how we direct guests from the front desk to alleviate this situation in the future.

Please know that we deeply value our guests and are committed to a high level of service. If you would like to give us another try, I would like to personally invite you back to Libby's for lunch on me. Please email your contact information to me at gm@hotelmarshfield.com, I'll get a certificate out to you immediately.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshfield
Holiday Inn Conference Center Marshfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Marshfield
Woodfield Inn and Suites
Woodfield Inn and Suites
#4 of 8 in Marshfield

Been to Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!