Baymont Inn & Suites Marshfield
Home Motel(Abbotsford)(Great Value!)
$45
$44
Travelocity
Super 8 Neillsville WI(Neillsville)(Great Value!)
$70
All reviewshot tubroom was cleanbed and pillowsvery nice staycontinental breakfastholiday weekendwould stay againnice hoteldesk clerkwalmartclinicsurgerywijetsmicrowave
Reviewed September 15, 2007

I relied, in part, on previous TripAdvisor reviews to select this hotel. It will become a Baymont Inn soon, so this review may no longer be valid.

In general, the property is well maintained . Even though you have to drive through a WalMart parking lot to get to it, on three sides the hotel is adjacent to undeveloped farmland or undeveloped land and is quiet. I asked for a second floor room away from the pool, which is what I received. There were guests from two different weddings staying there and there was little noticeable noise.

The staff was friendly and professional. The Continental breakfast was a little better than the usual fare, and was served from 6-10AM, a much longer time than other places I have stayed.

We did not use the indoor pool or hot tub, but they looked nice and were being used by individuals and families.

The room was slightly larger than average, with two queen beds and the usual chair, desk, tv stand combo along one wall. The sink was in the same room along with a coffee maker.

There are a few negatives about the bathroom. First, it is extremely small and you can barely close the door without bumping into the toilet. The toilet paper was hard to reach. And, the fan never shut off. It wasn't loud or noisy, just always running.
On the plus side, the shower/bath combo was good and the shower head gave you a full measure of water, not a reduced volume.

The heater/air conditioner unit was very good and not noisy when it cycled on and off.

I would stay there again. All in all a good value.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank WisconsinRidgewalker
Reviewed December 23, 2006

Amerihost Inn at Marshfield was a nice hotel. It has all amenities including wireless internet. Staff is warm and friendly.
Great location. Close to walmart, arby's etc.

Downside: Low cellphone signal.

I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed March 21, 2006

I was in Marshfield for my husband's bowling tournament. I knew it was a busy weekend but the 2nd night we were there we had problems with the people next to us from 3:30am to 6:00am. We had complained twice to the front desk before anything was done about it. The night staff didn't seem well equipped to deal with any situation that came her way. However the assisant manager was fantastic. She took care of us the next morning. She is probably the reason I would stay there again. She definately knows how to do her job and how to treat her guests. Other then the noise the room was great and very close to the events and restaurants we needed to be at all weekend.

• Stayed: March 2006