“Stingy Portions”

Cuisines: Chinese
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Stingy Portions”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I'm a truck driver and I've ordered food for delivery at this place many times, the portions were not generous at all, I've ordered recently and this last time was by far the stingiest portions I've seen so far from this place, possibly out of all other Chinese restaurants. The dishes were filled on the level of where the folding point of the carton is, some of the dishes were less than that level, and the amount white rice in the cartons were ridiculously low, it's not even on the folding level of the carton, but an inch less, how can this be? Rice is cheap and this place won't even give their customers a fair amount of portions, I mean they could at least fill it up to the folding point of the carton. In the past each order I placed is at least $60, and this time I ordered $70 worth of food and tipped $5, and I've tipped generously in the past, the food were great, especially the ducks, but the lo mein is too greasy and had too much sauce, the potstickers were over burnt but overall the food is okay, the downside is their stinginess with the portion. I feel like they don't want to give a truck driver a fair amount of food. I'll probably never going to order from this place again.

• Visited December 2012

Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced & Rock in my RICE!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I decided to try it out as we have eaten at the other two chinese buffets in Marshfield already. I was not impressed. We went there around 5:45pm and all of the food looked like it had been sitting there all day. When I go to a buffet at prime dinner time - I think the food will be fresh as there were other customers there too.

It was my last bit of white rice mixed with rice noodles. All of a sudden there was a loud crunch and it felt like I had broken a tooth. Here there was a small black/gray rock in my mouth! I was not pleased with that and even more displeased at the prices for the menu. For me and my 6 year old to eat it was over $18. He hardly ate anything! I was very dissatisfied with the service, atmosphere, and above all the food!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Sarah G
Wisconsin
“Good.”
Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Probably a bit better than the other Chinese restaurants in town. Average atmosphere and nice selection on the buffet but they could improve by keeping the buffet fresh and stocked.

marsfield, wi
“Delivery”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

A great alternative to delivery pizza. They have all the American Chinese staples such as sweet & sour pork, egg foo young and chow mein but they also have some fabulous house specialties like chicken and mushrooms in black bean sauce and Hong Kong pan fried noodles.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank jillpickle23
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Chinese Food”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Best chinese food in Marshfield. There are thre Chinese resturants in Marshfield, that the ohter 2 do not matche the quality of food at the China Chef.

Visited February 2012