“Pool towels for everyone, Very hard working friendly staff”

Woodfield Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Marshfield
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Pool towels for everyone, Very hard working friendly staff”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

We booked a couple of rooms in our hometown to celebrate a birthday party around the pool. We found out a basketball tournament was in town and the hotel was fully booked. We were astonished at the excellent service we received. The staff is extremely pleasant and accommodating. With all the extra pool activity the towel rack remained replenished. I had never seen this in my life. The breakfast buffet was constantly restocked and never low on a single selection. The tables were cleared and cleaned often. The general areas and hotel rooms were very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Ziggys_Mfld

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 8, 2011

It is a great place for a sporting team to stay for a very reasonable cost too. The hotel is nothing special but it is well worth the rate. Pool area was large and a great place to get together after games. The rooms were fairly big giving room for all our luggage. The only complaint I had was that the hot water wasn't working on Sunday morning!!!! It was freezing. I doubt that happens all the time though. Will go back if in Marshfield.

• Stayed March 2011
Madison
Reviewed August 8, 2010

I stayed here with my 4 yr old daughter while visiting a friend in Marshfield. I will NEVER stay here again! My first clue was when I entered the building in the back (by my room), the keycard/door was broken.... so you could get in without a key. Great!

Then I entered the room and got hit with the most disgusting odor ever. It was nasty! I called my friend and made him bring some Febreeze! We had to use it constantly too during the entire stay!

So after the initial shock of the smell, I went to the bathroom. Our lovely toilet made some horrible loud water/hissing sound for 2 minutes after every flush. Wonderful! I hope no one needs to pee in the middle of the night!!

So we decided to go to the "Fun Dome". Well they decided to shock the pool and hot tub, so we had to a wait an hour or so to use it. So they turn the 'arcade games' on for us. Yes, they were turned off. These are some seriously ANCIENT and DIRTY machines! My hands felt grimy just touching them!

I gotta say though, the best of all was when climbing into bed after the "wonderful stay", and finding blood stains on the comforter! What a GREAT surprise! And it wasn't just a few drops like someone cut a scab open while sleeping.... it was a PATCH!

I honestly just FELT dirty and grimy the entire stay. I'm by NO means a clean freak, at all, in fact I'm a pretty messy person. But this room made me feel DIRTY and like I had a layer of grime on my hands at all times. So gross!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Candikanez
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I stayed at the Woodfield Inn recently for a wedding, I was very impressed by the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to work with us on our schedule. We had asked for an early check in so we could get ready for a wedding, and they allowed it, no questions asked. The room was huge, had new bedding, a mini fridge and microwave, and it was very clean. Overall the stay was excellent, and the price was very reasonable, I will definitely be staying here in the future when I am in Marshfield.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank gabbysays
Sparta, Wi
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I come to Marshfielda few time a month for work, I'm writing a review to let the staff know I am appreicitive for hospitality. They have very nice rooms, would recommend this hotel to my friends and co-workers.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank terryB1013
Reviewed March 21, 2010

the staff is very rude. Room could be cleaner. the pool and hot tub is filthy with body hair , etc. both cold . At this point asked the front desk for at least partial refund and to clean pool, but said to talk to the manager after 8am.

• Stayed April 2010
3 Thank Luccaventicento
MICHIGAN
Reviewed October 3, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at the Woodfield 3 times in past 3 months. Up until this point the experience has been pleasurable, price reasonable. I called to book a room again this morn and had 2 questions regarding the rates. As I asked the quick questions the female employee was seemingly annoyed, abrupt and curt with response. She had been very interruptive from the start of the conversation but I dismissed this as just being a busy morning at the hotel. However as our conversation progressed her rude behavior escalated. I unfortunately needed the room desperately so just dealt with it and gave her my credit card info, etc. The final straw was when I asked her if there were alot of rooms still available for the following day. I didn't even get out the last word of my sentence and again she interrupted me and started reading my confirmation number. At this point I told her she could use a few lessons in phone etiquette because she had been so disrespectful from the start. She then shouted "What?! You will not be staying in this hotel! I will not book a room for you!" THEN SHE HUNG UP ON ME!" Now she has my credit card number. I'm worried that someone with such a nonchalant approach to customer relations may also be a person that lacks values...and she has my credit card number!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MichigantravelRN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshfield
Quality Inn - Marshfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Marshfield
Hillcrest Motel Marshfield
Hillcrest Motel Marshfield
#8 of 8 in Marshfield

Been to Woodfield Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!