“Stay Away!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Marshfield
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
“Stay Away!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Came for a baseball tournament and checked into our non-smoking room to be greeted by stale smoke. The bathroom had someone's used towel and mold in the shower. The only thing the staff had to say was "sorry." Literally, just that one word. Same price as Holiday Inn which we stayed in last time, but no comparison. I will never stay here again. Oh, pool is closed too

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
wi400_QualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn - Marshfield, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding room condition on your visit. I have shared your feedback with housekeeping department to ensure we retrain our staff. since your stay we have renovated our bathrooms with new faucets and bath surround also installed new pool equipment.

Thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Marshfield.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Paola
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I chose this hotel because of price and amenities. The location is good. The rooms are clean. Even though this is a little older facility it is maintained well. The housekeeping is super friendly. The breakfast is good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wi400_QualityInn, Manager at Quality Inn - Marshfield, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Recently stayed for a business trip. Got one of the suites, and was curious to see how the new management was doing, as I have stayed there before. Not an improvement. The tiles in the shower were cracked and missing, and it looked as though someone had tried to paint the shower with latex paint, which was now peeling. Holes in the drywall in the bathroom that used to hold a tissue dispenser ( I think) were covered with tape and plastic. The faucet in the sink wasn't even attached anymore, just rattling around loose. Wifi was spotty and slow, used my phone and cell service instead. The breakfast had fewer choices than before. As I was approaching the breakfast bar, the employee behind the counter sneezed in to her hands, wiped them on her pants, and went back to work, without attempting to wash her hands. After a long day, and no shower (wasn't going to use it!), I simply wanted to get out of there. The staff was friendly enough, but the quality of the place was horrible. I have stayed at cleaner youth hostels! Followed up with them on their survey, but no real feed back, just a "sorry". Won't stay again, and will probably look farther out and do more driving for my business in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KenL974
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay at Quality Inn. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations.

we have taken over management in last quarter of 2012 and first thing we had planned to renovate bath surround and it was a long process as we finished renovating in end of 2013 new shower faucet and tub surrounds in all bathrooms also put in new access points for internet with 24hr guest support .

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Marshfield.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel is currently going through some renovations but still is open with pleasant staff. When I was there the pool area was closed. The hotel is under new management and it appears that the new owners are willing to make the improvements necesary to improve the hotel. April is as pleasnat as Spring and always had a smile.

Not all rooms has refigerators and microwaves but many do. As a diamaond member I was granted an upgrade each time I have stayed at this hotel. Not everything is new but things are being upgraded as time allows. I look forward to my next visit to the Marshfield are knowing that this hotel is on the up swing.

SMB919

Room Tip: No restaurant onsite but several in the area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve B
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay at our hotel.Your feedback is very important to us.
Thank for understanding when you said " things are being upgraded as time allows " we had wait for two to three months for new pool dehumidifier get delivered also working with contractor and city inspector it is a long process.
Hope you have chance to come soon to see as we make improvements over time.
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Not too bad for the price. 3-1/2 stars.
Plus:
Decent breakfast and breakfast room: waffles, gravey & buns, the usual starch, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, juice, pretty good coffee.
In-room coffee pot
Free USA Today,
Computer available,
Pool and whirlpool,
Quiet,
Ice machine,
Hair dryer,
iron and ironing board,
Older, but pleasant in-room fixtures & decoration.

Negative:
Room housekeeping was below average: carpets hadn't been edge vacuumed for a long time.
Fixtures were a bit dusty.
Pillows filled with shredded foam.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Quality Inn.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding room condition on your visit. I have shared your feedback with housekeeping department to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel is now called Quality Inn. I had previously put a review on Stevens Point Quality Inn because I couldn't find it under Marshfield. I am really impressed. This hotel is very clean. Someone previously complained of the comforters having stains and cigarette burns. In all the rooms that my family has rented since my dad was flown to St. Joes, the comforters all look new. The rooms, halls and lobby are all very clean. There is no peeling wallpaper as previously stated in a review. I think that the continental breakfast is really good. I barely hear anyone around me unless the slam their door. There are restaurants, a mall and a grocery store all within walking distance. The staff at the front counter has been absolutely wonderful. They always ask if there is anything that they can do to help you. The cleaning girls are all fantastic. No complaints from me

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 2012RoadGlide
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year because it had one of the lowest rates in Marshfield and it was a "national chain" that I thought had certain cleanliness and customer service standards. But, I am done staying here. I have complained to the front desk several times about the smell of urine and milldew in the rooms, but no one seems to care, especially the female who works the front desk in the mornings when I have checked out. I asked her if she could please provide me with a name and telephone # of the franchisee owner and she said that "we are not allowed to give out this information." Add to this the inabilty to get even a half-way decent wireless signal and I am through with staying at this location. Shame on me for staying at this pit in hopes that it would get better.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Allbusiness970
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshfield
Hotel Marshfield, BW Premier Collection
Baymont Inn & Suites Marshfield
Hillcrest Motel Marshfield
Hillcrest Motel Marshfield
#8 of 8 in Marshfield

Been to Quality Inn - Marshfield? Share your experiences!