“A Lovely Experience”

Lauerman Guest House Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marinette
Lauerman Guest House Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Marinette B&B and Inns
Los Angeles
“A Lovely Experience”
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We actually stayed in the sister inn, M&M Victorian, but spent more time at the Lauerman. The M&M is undergoing some changes and though we had a beautiful room, our best experience was our time at the Lauerman. More trendy in its decor, the Lauerman has a lovely bar setting with a view of the river. We ate at the restaurant and it was totally upscale fabulous. We also came to the Lauerman for a very elegant breakfast the next morning. If we were to do things over, we would also have booked our room there. Our room at the Victorian was lovely...huge bathroom, whirlpool tub, lovely decor, etc. There really isn't much to see or do in Marinette, but we loved our stay and visit with the owner, Jeanne. She's a fabulous host who makes sure all of her guests receive the best treatment and a really fascinating person. Our reason for staying in Marinette was the drive up to the waterfalls near Dunbar. But we would highly recommend the stop just to stay at the Lauerman. Terrific.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SACALosAngeles

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed at the Laureman House on a Sunday night. What a wonderful place to stay. We were with our two children, ages 8 and 5. The Lauerman House has two rooms that can accommodate the children. We stayed in the purple room. It was very nicely decorated and the bed was comfortable. My in-laws also stayed in the room next to ours. We were the only guests and had the place to ourselves. We enjoyed having the common areas to play games, have cocktails/beer and snacks (which we provided). Johan was wonderful. He answered any questions we had and also made us a wonderful breakfast. Thanks for the wonderful stay. I wish we could have stayed longer. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I spent two days at the M & M Victorian Inn and the Lauerman House Inn in Marinette with colleagues of mine. The Inns were amazing!! Very different but offering the same level of service. We had dinner two evenings in the Lauerman House Restaurant with a bigger group. WOW!! Their new Chef Joel was creative, wonderful presentation and the dining room is so upscale. Johan the manager was very helpful and knowledgeable with wine. You can tell that he has been educated on a hight level!!! We loved the bar and the choice of single malt scotches.We would recommend this to any person staying in Marinette!! The owner Jean also adds a lot of flair to the Inns. She rents her lovely villa in France as well....Our next trip....Quite the operation for a little town.

• Stayed April 2010
Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2009

While staying at the Inn for business, my colleagues and I had excellent service from Tabitha. From the reservations to checking us into our room, to even getting directions and facts of the home. Unfortunatly, the "manager" Johan seemed very rushed. It was almost like he was lingering to make sure we didn't do anything wrong. We also met the Chef and he was very pleasent. My recomendation is that they promote Tabitha to management.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan0709
WIsconsin
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Let me make one thing clear from the start: I have never spent the night at the inn. But I am a longtime customer of the restaurant. The food is inventive and the service is friendly. Johann, the manager, knows his business (and his wine). Jean, the owner, has great style and flair. You will enjoy her fresh take on the venerable interior! (I have seen the rooms, by the way, and they are lovely!)

If you go for lunch, try the Express, a sort of Bento-box-style plate of soup, salad, meat or fish with vegetable, and a wonderful dessert. Joel, the chef, is a master! His asparagus soup and his creme brulée are probably my favorites. But try everything else!

If the Lauerman House offers a holiday event of any sort (we like the Valentine's Day gala and recently enjoyed the Easter Brunch), go! It will be worth it. You will be treating yourself to a wonderful occasion.

And the house in France? Enchanting! One of the best values in vacation rentals!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank worker_bea
minnesota
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We stayed as guests of Bay Area Medical Center at this lovely B&B. The house is absolutely lovely! We met the owner, Judy, and her unbelievablly awesome manager, Johann, and had drinks before our amazing dinner with her new chef (fresh in from a Chicago eatery). We were delighted with our pre-dinner conversation, and ended up with an invitation to the owners house in France! The room was exceptionally comfortable, the bed drew me in and when the train went by at 11pm - my husband and I laughed - we were warned. It is loud, but alot of old homes in small towns are situated near railways. I did not hear the train at 3 am. I went to be completely satiated after a lovely meal in the dining room and slept soundly until the alarm went off. Every amenity that I could ask for was to be found in the room.

We found our stay had a delightful European flair and enjoyed it immensely!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Grafton, WI
Reviewed October 30, 2008

First, it was very difficult to talk to someone to get our reservation made. My husband had to call 4 times before finally speaking to someone. They tried 3 times to send an e-mail confirmation before we finally got it. I will say the Lauerman House Inn has a lovely interior and exterior. It is true the rooms are not in period, but our modern Plum room was very nice. That is until a train went by about 30ft. outside our window at 11pm...and 3am! The woman that checked us in gave us no warning of this. Breakfast was acceptable, but nothing special. I don't think I would stay there again.

• Liked — Lovely interior and exterior
  • Disliked — Train going by at night
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank WITravelerGrafton_WI
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marinette
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette
BEST WESTERN Riverfront Inn
Econo Lodge On the Bay
Econo Lodge On the Bay
#2 of 2 in Menominee
Quality Inn & Suites Marinette
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menominee
Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette

Been to Lauerman Guest House Inn? Share your experiences!