“Nice view, good location”

BEST WESTERN Riverfront Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Marinette
Hood River, Oregon
“Nice view, good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a quick overnight. Hotel was packed, but clerk was really good at finding me a room. Had a nice view of the river from the 5th floor. My room was decent with average amenities. Comfy bed, good pillows and a flat screen tv. There's a bar/restaurant attached to the location. Good food there.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

When you first walk in the hotel, there is hope you'll get a nice room because the lobby is so nice. But nope, our room was tiny and old. Squishy queen sized bed, no extra chair. There was a desk and desk chair, but that's it. I like at least one extra chair; otherwise the second guest in the room sits on the bed or the floor. The room my husband and I got had a view of an alley or parking lot or something, though I believe I was promised a river view. But I won't quibble on that point. The bathroom was tiny, a small sink, and only shampoo. No conditioner No lotion.

Worst of all was the WiFi connection. Virtually non-existent. I called, they reset the router, still nothing. I had to go to the lobby or the bar to get a connection. And WiFi is the most important thing for my husband and me.

This was our third Best Western on our trip around Lake Michigan, and the room was the worst of all. To be fair, I heard a woman in the lobby say her room was nice. Maybe we just got the crappiest room in the hotel. But even my husband disliked it, and he doesn't really care about this kind of thing.

On the good side, there was a microwave (why?) and refrigerator. The bar was very nice; we had a good hamburger down and there was a good selection of local beers. And we had a delightful time visiting with Brenda, the bartender that evening. The front desk staff was OK. Nobody asked me how my stay was when I checked out or if everything was OK (what I consider normal customer service questions upon departure). The price was good though.

If you have to stay in the area, there is not much choice. But you might consider driving a little farther. Still, if you're not planning to stay in the room much, the other accommodations in the hotel seem good. Breakfast was fine.

Avoid alcove rooms like we had, which apparently are much smaller. (Rm 324)

Room Tip: Avoid alcove rooms like 324. If you get to your room and it's in a corner in an alcove, turn aro...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at BEST WESTERN Riverfront Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 715-732-1000.

Julie Davis
Director of Sales
BEST WESTERN Riverfront Inn
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I have stayed here on several occasions while on business. I have had rooms that are pretty basic, and others that are a bit more spacious--but they are always clean and comfortable. The beds are firm, the halls have always been quiet, and they have a hot breakfast every morning, (sausage or ham, scrambled eggs, pancakes, etc. etc.).

While the room is quite affordable, it is actually the staff that keeps me coming back. The waitress for breakfast (Beccah) keeps your coffee cup full, and the front desk is friendly and helpful, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family, especially those on a budget..

Room Tip: If you can get one, ask for a room with a river front view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Riverfrntinn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Riverfront Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy to hear that we are your "home away from home", and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Brunswick, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

The staff of this hotel goes out of it's way to make you feel welcome and at home. It's the only place I stay while working in Marinette, WI.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Riverfrntinn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Riverfront Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Great! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again :)
wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stayed here for a family party. Rooms are clean but basic...little rough around the edges but pretty much what we expected for $80/night. We had a river view double on the second floor. Hallways were quiet, even with lots of families staying there. Bath amenities included ONE small bar of soap and a tiny container of shampoo. Certainly not enough for a family so bring your own. Restaurant was hit or miss. Dinner was pretty good, breakfast was horrible. The pool is small and cold, but the kids didn't mind. They had a good time splashing around.

Overall, just a very average hotel. Nothing horrible, nothing fabulous. Just a decent place to stay in you happen to be in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

We were traveling from the UP back to Wisconsin and didn't realize that on a Monday evening Marinette would be so busy! We got 2 of the last rooms at this hotel and grateful for a place to sleep! Bed was triple sheeted, which I like. Didn't use the pool, etc. Walked down to a couple pubs within a couple blocks inquiring if they had wine and they all referred us back to the hotel bar. We had apps there, which were fine. The breakfast in the morning was hot and okay - saved us from having to stop again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

After a long day of driving, my husband and I were looking for somewhere clean and comfortable to sleep, and the Best Western Riverview happened to be the closest hotel that looked to fit the bill. The staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and welcoming during the check-in process. We were given a room on the top floor with a view of the river, which was nice. The room itself was fairly basic but clean.

We had a late dinner at the bar/restaurant on the first floor, where again the staff was very friendly and welcoming. The food was pretty good, but nothing spectacular. We headed back down to the restaurant for the free breakfast the next morning. We weren't very impressed by the selection, but everything was hot. Overall, for the price of the stay, I would say this hotel was average.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marinette
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette
Quality Inn & Suites Marinette
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menominee
Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette
Econo Lodge On the Bay
Econo Lodge On the Bay
#2 of 2 in Menominee
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort

Been to BEST WESTERN Riverfront Inn? Share your experiences!