“Great Craft Beer Selection”

Rail House Restaurant & Brewery
Ranked #12 of 47 Restaurants in Marinette
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you are in the area and love a good craft beer selection - be sure to stop by the Rail House. They brew their own beer on site and have a wonderful selection. You can taste them all with their 15 brew tasting. I was there for my 30 year class reunion so I don't typically go to Marinette, but I believe my husband would be willing to drive there again, just to sample the beers at this establishment. Nicer atmosphere than most bar/grill with a pleasant staff and clientele.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have to agree with some of the other reviewers. We have eaten here a couple times a year for the last 10 years or so. Sometimes it's quite good, sometimes it's terrible. It doesn't seem like the wait staff knows much about what they are serving, or about food in general. I've really enjoyed the Friday night fish fry a couple times, then it's like we were in a completely different restaurant and it was very bad. I also have to agree that the bad seems to outweigh the good more and more each time we go. Overall, I'd simply advise anyone going here to keep it simple. The prices are too high for the quality of the food. The beer, however, isn't half bad.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is the only place we ate, except for a planned event. We didn't see a need to look elsewhere. Serving-size to price ratio seemed reasonable. The house brew I had was good, too.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We used to frequent this restaurant, but over the last 6 months the service and food quality has deteriorated. When we first got in, we waited for about 5 minutes before someone seated us. During this time several waitresses were going back and forth but no one even acknowledged us to let us know someone would be with us soon. It took a long time for our waitress to get our drinks, and once we got our drinks she dropped them off without taking our food order, and we had to wait quite a while before she returned to take our food order. Two of the beer cheese soups were lukewarm. Again, it took a long time to get the rest of our meal, and my husband's parents both had the wrong burgers, though only my mother-in-law mentioned it to her. She had the audacity to inform my mother-in-law that she got what she ordered, then suggested that she had just mixed up my mother-in-law's and father-in-law's plates. When my MIL informed her that she had ordered the Porter burger and that my FIL had the Western Burger she said "well, you could see how in a loud place you could mix up Porter and Western". I could not believe that- the only thing in common with those words is that they both have two syllables. She made no offer to make it right for us. My MIL said she just wanted to be sure we weren't charged extra because of the mistake and she said "all the burgers are the same price". When I got home I checked the online menu, and unless it has changed, the Western is $1 more than the Porter. My hosband's chili mac sauce was partially burned. Also, my husband thinks there may be a problem with the Octoberfest beer, he picked up butterscotch overtones, a flavor that should not be present in that style of beer.

2  Thank Becky S
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Reviewed this place in April and gave it the benefit of the doubt.Have been working here last couple of months and eaten there several times and it has, without a doubt, become a place to avoid. the conclusion is simple, ownership and management has no pride in it's product and no respect for their customers. They just do not care. Read the previous reviews and all the criticism is valid and consistent. Poor service, poor food, complete disorganization, even the fish fry on Friday which in the past good on occasion is now pathetic. Fillets were small, not hot and greasy. Again no one the cares. They represent they serve vegetables which is a urine specimen cup of canned beans. They get lots of business because of close by industry and proximity to the best hotel in town which is always full. Their handcrafted beer which I used to love has slipped in quality a lot. I recently had their silver cream from the tap that tasted stale and flat. Their menu is unmanageable and clearly the owners read these reviews and are unwilling or unable to improve their product. stunningly sad. The straw that broke the camels back and encouraged me to update my April review occurred today. It is a Sunday and staying in the hotel a short walk to the restaurant we called to inquire about specials. The person answering the phone also said all day Sunday they offered a happy hour for drinks from 11 to 10. We decided to walk over for lunch and carried over our small paper cup of coffee from the hotel as we walked. We went into the bar area and as we were sitting down inquired to confirm the all day happy hour and were told there was no such thing on Sunday. we told her we just called to ask about specials and what we were told and her response was borderline rude. She then told us we were not allowed to have our coffee in their restaurant and she either had to pour it out or we had to leave to finish our coffee. Really? That was my last visit to the Rail House. don't waste your time or money. Plenty of other places that are good and appreciate your business

1  Thank hawthfinan