“this place has slipped to AWFUL”

Rail House Restaurant & Brewery
Ranked #15 of 46 Restaurants in Marinette
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St.
“this place has slipped to AWFUL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Reviewed this place in April and gave it the benefit of the doubt.Have been working here last couple of months and eaten there several times and it has, without a doubt, become a place to avoid. the conclusion is simple, ownership and management has no pride in it's product and no respect for their customers. They just do not care. Read the previous reviews and all the criticism is valid and consistent. Poor service, poor food, complete disorganization, even the fish fry on Friday which in the past good on occasion is now pathetic. Fillets were small, not hot and greasy. Again no one the cares. They represent they serve vegetables which is a urine specimen cup of canned beans. They get lots of business because of close by industry and proximity to the best hotel in town which is always full. Their handcrafted beer which I used to love has slipped in quality a lot. I recently had their silver cream from the tap that tasted stale and flat. Their menu is unmanageable and clearly the owners read these reviews and are unwilling or unable to improve their product. stunningly sad. The straw that broke the camels back and encouraged me to update my April review occurred today. It is a Sunday and staying in the hotel a short walk to the restaurant we called to inquire about specials. The person answering the phone also said all day Sunday they offered a happy hour for drinks from 11 to 10. We decided to walk over for lunch and carried over our small paper cup of coffee from the hotel as we walked. We went into the bar area and as we were sitting down inquired to confirm the all day happy hour and were told there was no such thing on Sunday. we told her we just called to ask about specials and what we were told and her response was borderline rude. She then told us we were not allowed to have our coffee in their restaurant and she either had to pour it out or we had to leave to finish our coffee. Really? That was my last visit to the Rail House. don't waste your time or money. Plenty of other places that are good and appreciate your business

1 Thank hawthfinan

USA
“Find Another Place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We went to the Rail House based upon the number of good reviews but what we saw was far different. First the receptionist seemed to be more interested in marking her seating chart rather than greeting us and telling us she would be with us momentarily. After we were seated we ordered edamame beans for an appetizer, I ordered lasagna and my partner ordered a steak. The waitress told me that she believed that they were out of lasagna but would double check with the kitchen. She came back and confirmed that they were out of lasagna and ask what else I would like. I told her that I need a couple of minutes to decide. Those of couple of minutes came and went and our waitress was no where to be found. We even thought that a simple appetizer order of edamame bean would had came right out but not so. After 15 minutes of no waitress to take my dinner order and no appetizer, we decided to leave. We also noted that a whole page of entrees was marked as not available on Fridays after 4:00 PM. Why bother even putting that page in the menu on Fridays if they don't want to serve those entrees on that day. We overall felt that they could care less about the customer and they have a take it or leave it attitude.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank bb6739
Rockford, Illinois
“she made me go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Went here twice in two days? Must have been good you think? I had been here two years ago and said she should try it. Right off of Highway 41 and easy to see. Oh yea, we both liked the beers. A lot of good ones to try along with being a steak house to boot!

Visited August 2012
Milwaukee
“Stopped for a beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We love to go go brewpubs when we travel. The brews were very good, just not a lot of atmosphere. More like a banquet hall. But great friendly service.

“Good Beer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

If you're undecided about what beer you'd like to have, the sampler is the way to go. You get 12 different ones to try and it's fun to walk your way through a variety of tastes from light to dark. The food was pretty good (cod, chicken muffaletta, portobello sandwich). We ate outside because the bar area was extremely loud. I don't know what the main dining area was like because we came in the back door.