“Great burgers”

Dining options: Late Night
Richmond, Michigan
“Great burgers”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is a great little 50's style burger joint that's been around forever, with a juke box with old music. They have hot dogs & brats, but we always get the burgers, love the crusty buns & chocolate shakes. We always go here when we visit family in August. Love Mickey Lu's :)

Visited August 2013

“It seems as though Mickey Lu's has kept up with all the old time traditions with the exception of common courtesies and small to”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ever since I was young, my family and I have made Mickey Lu's a tradition whenever we are in town. Unfortunately we will no longer be participating in this long loved tradition due to the level of disrespect we received during our last visit.

The employees at Mickey Lu's refused to serve us while they were busy due to the size of our family and our potential order of 10 burgers. It is a small establishment so if you have a family of 5 or more, keep in mind they most likely will not serve you!

I am a younger gal and understand that I may not be percieved as an important customer. However at 26 years old, I myself run a fast paced business, and I never imagined that a business could treat any of their guests with such disrespect. To treat a group of loyal customers this way is another story...

Because we are such a large family, we would have filled every seat in the restaurant! So attempting to be courteous and with the expectation of it being a busy day for this restaurant, I tried to call in our order an hour before open, only to be told they would not be able to take carry out orders that day.

Against my husbands pleas to find another place to eat that day, I waited in the parking lot until the doors opened. I wanted my Mickey Lu's while I was in town! At 11:03 am they were open and being the second guest in the door, (and not worried about how long it would take) I ordered 10 hamburgers.

The man cooking the burgers, who I believe to be the owner, turned around and said no, he will not make that many. He explained that there were 2 gentlemen in the restaurant who had already ordered and that he had a pile of phone/carry out orders waiting to be made, even though I was told carry out orders would not be accepted.

They did not give me any other options nor did they tell me what they would be willing to do for me, instead they asked me to leave.

Due to the request of what I assume to have been the owner, my large family (many of them local) and I will most definitely be finding another restaurant and creating a new tradition where we can be treated with a level of respect we deserve...

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank SonnyLaHaye
Canada
“My first (AMAZING) malt”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Walking into Mickey-Lu's is like going back in time with its 50s decor. The burgers were delicious, although I would definitely order at least a double because the patties are thin. I was assured by our exceptionally kind server that everything is 'real' in the food (real bread, butter, meat, etc.). I had the butterscotch malt, my first malt ever, and it was the most delicious thing I've ever had to drink. Wow! The fire grill taste really comes out in the burger and the pat of butter makes it really drippy. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience at Mickey-Lu's and I'll go back if I return to the area.

• Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Should be on travel channel”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

There is NO better burger than a burger from Mickey-Lu's. friendly service too. A must visit if you are even close to Marinette. Worth flying from Hawaii if you had too! You will never find a burger like this outside of Wisconsin.

Visited July 2013
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Addictive”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Don't stop here unless you are prepared to come back again and again due to your new addition to the burgers! I have business colleagues that will plan meetings so they are not on Monday (day the place is closed) so that we can stop for a couple of burgers when we travel through Marinette. The owner is on site most of the time doing the grilling inside on a charcoal grill. How cool! I travel every week of the year around the country and this is one of the few places that is a must visit when I'm in the area.

Visited May 2013