Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette
$58
Orbitz.com
  • Free Internet
$125
Econo Lodge On the Bay(Menominee)(Great Value!)
$94
Landmark Resort(Egg Harbor)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewstrain trackswafflespacker gamenight staynice pillowsnice stayrooms are cleansausagegreat place to staydoor countyother hotelsstaff was very friendlyhospitalhousekeeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I used to stay here all the time, when in town to visit family. Kim (who was at the desk) took care of everything! After last stay, never again! It appears to be under new management. First I went through HELL because that told me BOTH credit cards I tried to use were declined. This was a holiday so of course, no one at my bank could confirm even though I KNEW the account had more than enough funds.
The guy who took care of us could have cared less! The whole time, he was busy on this cell phone talking in a foreign language while we "bothered" him. Finally they gave us the room and determine they would try the card later. So, after spending a half hour waiting..we finally go the room. The place smelled like cooking (curry??) An old man and lady were going down the hall to clean (new manager mom & pop)? The feel of the place was a bit creepy!
They did not give us our AAA discount or our AARP discount!! Last time there. We found a much nicer place down the road at the same price. Now, when I go home, at least I can stay at a place that values its customers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I would assume this property was once a Comfort Inn because the room guide that was placed in my room said, "Comfort Inn" on the cover. The plastic room entry keys also said Comfort Inn. I am not sure if that is anything but just poor planning by the ownership. It really did not bother me and I probably would not have noticed but I did a double take when I checked into my room and saw the Comfort Inn room guide.

Here is what means the most to me... I walked through the front door and I was met with a smile. Check in took less than a minute and the front desk attend was very friendly. Next, I go down the room and it is clean. There is a big screen/flat screen TV, a very large bathroom, five pillows, a business desk for me to work at, plenty of outlets, and the decor was professional. This is what means the most to me. It is like working and sleeping at home and this is so important to a business traveler.

I was happy that the internet worked well, there was an exercise room, and the hallways were clean. I travel a great deal and small things like I just mentioned mean so much. This property did a great job of meeting my needs. I read some of the other reviews prior to making my reservation and the only thing that I can say is that if you want a Ritz, stay at one. If you want a decent place to stay that is clean and affordable, I would not have a problem staying here.

There is actually a rail road track next to the property and I did not hear anything. I read this in another review. I am not sure how often the train come by or how loud it is but I had nothing to complain about during my stay. To sum things up, I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are a business person, you may want to ask for a first floor room that is close to an exit. If others are like me, I always have to have a suitcase, technology bag, and a other misc items. It is nice to have a room that is close to your vehicle so that when you have to make multiple trips, back and forth to your vehicle, you do not have to fight steps. If it is true that the train runs early in the morning, I would certainly recommend that you stay on the side of the motel that is on the other side....
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DonandLisaFromUSA
Reviewed March 3, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Clean room, everything went pretty well. Typical small town hotel with about 3 total guests staying the night.

Breakfast was better than not having one.

Exercise room was fine. TV was out, but got the job done.

And as others said, yes there is a train track right up against the building- you will feel the early a.m. train passing.

I was fine at this hotel, but I'ld check others out next time. It does make me really appreciate finer hotels.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business